Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2013, 08:51 PM #1
davethewave12321
 
 
davethewave12321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Kinda Peeved about something JT did

So I have an older mask. a JT proteus. I recently emailed JT/Empire and asked if the Spectra Lenses would fit my mask.

Their return email stated that they are no longer manufacturing a replacement lens. This is Obvious.

I am just peeved because they evaded a yes or no question and implied that I am "S**t out of luck"

I feel like this was a marketing tactic to get me to buy a new mask. I view this as lying by omission.
davethewave12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 PM #2
brienpeppers
 
 
brienpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lufkin, TX
brienpeppers owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
If the spectra lens fit then they would still be making replacement lenses. Sense they said they don't make replacement lenses, that means they don't fit and JT told you "no" in a professional manner.

Edit: Also, I haven't heard the word "peeved" in a while.

Edit: and I love how you quoted "**** out of luck" when JT never said that. And also the way you did "****" is bypassing the swear filter
__________________
"You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber."
-Spitlebug

"In Soviet Russia bunker hides behind you."

Last edited by brienpeppers : 03-29-2013 at 08:59 PM.
brienpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:59 PM #3
Bump_Pitch
 
 
Bump_Pitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Carolina
Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by davethewave12321 View Post
So I have an older mask. a JT proteus. I recently emailed JT/Empire and asked if the Spectra Lenses would fit my mask.

Their return email stated that they are no longer manufacturing a replacement lens. This is Obvious.

I am just peeved because they evaded a yes or no question and implied that I am "S**t out of luck"

I feel like this was a marketing tactic to get me to buy a new mask. I view this as lying by omission.
I don't see why you are "peeved"? They handle the situation in a professional manner
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:23 AM #4
$balla
(>0_0)>
 
$balla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-man[WarLlamas] View Post
Proteus uses the same Spectra260 frames/lens found on the ProFlex, Flex7, Flex8, FlexIZE, etc

Source: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3423791

Fourth post from the top.
$balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:47 PM #5
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.
 
kebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
kebone is playing at Living Legends V
kebone owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kebone owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kebone has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Whoever emailed you is wrong. They still make the Spectra lense that fits in the Proteus.

Maybe they though of the Axiom mask that uses its own lense.
__________________
That Brass Eagle guy.

i like that site-which-shall-not-be-named.
http://www.youtube.com/user/qmto?blend=1&ob=4#p/a

KEVIN'S CLASSIC ELECTRO SALE
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:23 AM #6
ScottQ
lefty scissors
 
ScottQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Eureka Springs
Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
davethewave12321 - I apologize that you received an incorrect answer from our tech support staff.

The Proteus mask does indeed use the same lens as the JT pro-flex and JT pro-shield. I can assure you this was not a marketing ploy but a simple mistake by our customer service.

PM me what color lens you would like and I'll send one your way.
__________________
Empire - Empire BT - JT Paintball - JT SplatMaster - Spyder

Let me close this conversation by saying that you are one unique individual.
ScottQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:28 PM #7
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever
 
Pump Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Wisconsin
Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottQ View Post
davethewave12321 - I apologize that you received an incorrect answer from our tech support staff.

The Proteus mask does indeed use the same lens as the JT pro-flex and JT pro-shield. I can assure you this was not a marketing ploy but a simple mistake by our customer service.

PM me what color lens you would like and I'll send one your way.
This right here is awesome customer service.
__________________
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Pump Scout's Curator's Corner thread
Inception Designs

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:57 PM #8
davethewave12321
 
 
davethewave12321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienpeppers View Post
If the spectra lens fit then they would still be making replacement lenses. Sense they said they don't make replacement lenses, that means they don't fit and JT told you "no" in a professional manner.

Edit: Also, I haven't heard the word "peeved" in a while.

Edit: and I love how you quoted "**** out of luck" when JT never said that. And also the way you did "****" is bypassing the swear filter
this, folks, is a PRIME example of someone who is willing to settle for mediocrity for the sake of brand loyalty. I am not.

edit: this coming from the guy who's signature puts genitalia references right in everyone's face.

Last edited by davethewave12321 : 04-06-2013 at 09:52 PM.
davethewave12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:36 AM #9
TheBoss33
 
 
TheBoss33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Waterloo, NY
TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by davethewave12321 View Post
this, folks, is a PRIME example of someone who is willing to settle for mediocrity for the sake of brand loyalty. I am not.

edit: this coming from the guy who's signature puts genitalia references right in everyone's face.
Way to step up and say thanks for making the situation right.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:19 AM #10
whatsmells15
 
 
whatsmells15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tampa, Fl
whatsmells15 is playing at Living Legends VI
whatsmells15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
whatsmells15 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
whatsmells15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I love my old proteus...Spectra lenses fits in proteus mask just bought a new lense yesterday... heres a pic these are chrome mirror SPECTRA lenses

__________________
Go Bolts!
whatsmells15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:35 PM #11
YeloSno
Breadloser
 
YeloSno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Bay, Carifornia
Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Thank god they still fit since I interchanged my proflex and proteus lenses all the time before I had spares.
Chameleon ftmfw.
__________________
Are You A Beginner?
Maybe a Little Bit?

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.


My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump