B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG
LIKE LIGHTNING

Annual Supporting Member
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG is BST Legit
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG supports Empire
Who else hates to see butchered Karnivors?

Idk but i just dont like it, i feel the karnivor was built to not be/ should not be messed with. I cringe when i seem them butched up...
HKARMY
EKK
SHIFT PROGRAM
SPEKTA 2 LV1
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2013, 07:19 PM #2
Darkapollo

There are some on here who feel that they are just a dime a dozen and might as well cut them up for the hell of it. Me personally I dont care, it just makes my unmolested Karni go up in value when someone is really looking for one that hasnt been hacked up.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:34 PM #3
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG
LIKE LIGHTNING

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkapollo View Post
There are some on here who feel that they are just a dime a dozen and might as well cut them up for the hell of it. Me personally I dont care, it just makes my unmolested Karni go up in value when someone is really looking for one that hasnt been hacked up.
agreed, let em
HKARMY
EKK
SHIFT PROGRAM
SPEKTA 2 LV1
Old 03-26-2013, 11:38 PM #4
bth9461

What eats a Karnivor?

Another Bigger Badder Karnivor.

I am scheming to do just that....LOL......

So you would not MQ2 or change any stock parts..........?

I thought that the whole charm of the "Autococker" was its great ability to adapt to current paintball conditions.

Imagine if Bud had stopped with the WGP Sniper, sort of like the Phantom never really evolved to follow the current paintball market. The Autococker was the most signfiicant Paintball Gun ever, especially because of its ability to change with the times. I think there is a real big A/C world out there. That allows for a traditionalist to keep his gun in a stock form. But that being said the Cocker has a much stronger history with its ability to be customized to fit the individual. That is what made this gun the Most Significant Gun in paintball history. I would say you are spitting in the face of the Autococker Legacy to condem those that chose a different path. Especially the Path that made it possible for the A/C platform to be financially viable enough to get to the stage that allowed the Karnivor to be developed.

Nothing wrong with appreciating a totally stock factory gun, but the nature of any Autococker is to be customized to some degree. Bud bred them that way, and when you add in the collective genius of all the aftermarket enigneers and Cocker Techs it created something special. That will never be seen again I am betting.

My personal quest is to play with both a Mech and Electro Cocker in todays game rather than go Luxe. But the customizable nature of the A/C is a big part of the appeal. The retro look and history behind the gun is also appealing to me.

If you love the Karnivor stock, well that is cool with me, but just remember what happened to the Raptor is Jurassic Park when the Bigger Karnivor got hungry......

Last edited by bth9461 : 03-26-2013 at 11:43 PM.
bth9461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:51 PM #5
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG
LIKE LIGHTNING

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bth9461 View Post
What eats a Karnivor?

Another Bigger Badder Karnivor.

I am scheming to do just that....LOL......

So you would not MQ2 or change any stock parts..........?

I thought that the whole charm of the "Autococker" was its great ability to adapt to current paintball conditions.

Imagine if Bud had stopped with the WGP Sniper, sort of like the Phantom never really evolved to follow the current paintball market. The Autococker was the most signfiicant Paintball Gun ever, especially because of its ability to change with the times. I think there is a real big A/C world out there. That allows for a traditionalist to keep his gun in a stock form. But that being said the Cocker has a much stronger history with its ability to be customized to fit the individual. That is what made this gun the Most Significant Gun in paintball history. I would say you are spitting in the face of the Autococker Legacy to condem those that chose a different path. Especially the Path that made it possible for the A/C platform to be financially viable enough to get to the stage that allowed the Karnivor to be developed.

Nothing wrong with appreciating a totally stock factory gun, but the nature of any Autococker is to be customized to some degree. Bud bred them that way, and when you add in the collective genius of all the aftermarket enigneers and Cocker Techs it created something special. That will never be seen again I am betting.

My personal quest is to play with both a Mech and Electro Cocker in todays game rather than go Luxe. But the customizable nature of the A/C is a big part of the appeal. The retro look and history behind the gun is also appealing to me.

If you love the Karnivor stock, well that is cool with me, but just remember what happened to the Raptor is Jurassic Park when the Bigger Karnivor got hungry......
im sorry i didnt be specific enough, i dont have a problem with upgrading internals and pnues but when you turtle it or make it a pump and get rid of the pnues, or through random crap on and total destroy the astectics of the gun, thats what i dont like. Upgrading to keep up with preformance standards is normal
HKARMY
EKK
SHIFT PROGRAM
SPEKTA 2 LV1
Old 03-27-2013, 12:35 AM #6
bac0n
It's a liopleurodon.

bac0n is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG View Post
im sorry i didnt be specific enough, i dont have a problem with upgrading internals and pnues but when you turtle it or make it a pump and get rid of the pnues, or through random crap on and total destroy the astectics of the gun, thats what i dont like. Upgrading to keep up with preformance standards is normal
I'm sure you're well aware you posted in a section of the forum where many 'cocker owners like myself share the love in alteration and customization in these beautiful Autocockers.

Midgeting, mini-ing, halfblocking, midblocking, and whatever "ings" I missed are just a few example of how great these autocockers can be altered and still perform. Whether it's to factory standard, weight reduction, or simple cosmetic alterations, it's up to the owner if they wish to leave or butcher their investments.

It's all personal preference.

Do you like someone telling you how to eat your steak?

P.S. What's wrong with pumpin' Karnivors? I have 3.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 AM #7
bth9461

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac0n View Post
I'm sure you're well aware you posted in a section of the forum where many 'cocker owners like myself share the love in alteration and customization in these beautiful Autocockers.

Midgeting, mini-ing, halfblocking, midblocking, and whatever "ings" I missed are just a few example of how great these autocockers can be altered and still perform. Whether it's to factory standard, weight reduction, or simple cosmetic alterations, it's up to the owner if they wish to leave or butcher their investments.

It's all personal preference.

Do you like someone telling you how to eat your steak?

P.S. What's wrong with pumpin' Karnivors? I have 3.
Hey he just pickup his first (one more than I have ) Karni and it was a really nice stock unit. I think he is just really enthusiastic about his new gun. Its a real looker.

But as you said, "It's all personal preference". That is the essence of the A/C success story in my opinion.

Custom Milling is what drove WGP to mill the Karni like they did. The Custom Milling guys paved the way for Mfg's to spend more on their production guns.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:03 AM #8
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG
LIKE LIGHTNING

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bth9461 View Post
Hey he just pickup his first (one more than I have ) Karni and it was a really nice stock unit. I think he is just really enthusiastic about his new gun. Its a real looker.

But as you said, "It's all personal preference". That is the essence of the A/C success story in my opinion.

Custom Milling is what drove WGP to mill the Karni like they did. The Custom Milling guys paved the way for Mfg's to spend more on their production guns.
Its just the fact its a karnivor. I love it. Ive had plenty of cockers, mostly pre 2k garage dale pic up and I always wanted a karnivor. But never could afford it. Ive felt this way a while about karnivor especaily after I saw the first turtled one. It was just depresing to me.
HKARMY
EKK
SHIFT PROGRAM
SPEKTA 2 LV1
Old 03-27-2013, 01:27 AM #9
bth9461

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG View Post
Its just the fact its a karnivor. I love it. Ive had plenty of cockers, mostly pre 2k garage dale pic up and I always wanted a karnivor. But never could afford it. Ive felt this way a while about karnivor especaily after I saw the first turtled one. It was just depresing to me.
I understand, the A/C world is a big place.

I am a returning player the A/C and Mags helped to make it easy for me to get out. I was planning on going Axe/Mini, but after seeing so many cool pics of A/C's I have decided to make my return using a A/C. I never even new about the Karni until I started recently researching about A/C's. The looks are real mean. But it is the preformance that intrigues me the most.

I have so much to learn about these guns it is not funny. But it is that challenge that has added a extra boost in my own drive to get back into paintball. These guns are so cool.

Hey some milling does not turn out, but some of the most unique and expensive guns have custom mill jobs. Personally I think Milling is a Art form and when it is done with skill. It will really add to the gun. I am betting there is a really killer custom milled Karni out there A/C land some place.

PS. Nice gun you snagged I was looking at the one.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:12 AM #10
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Karni's are nothing special. Even with the company that created them out of business, you can pick up new -unused- bodies. The only people it raises the prices for are... well, "wrapped around the axle" is a great way to put it.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:46 PM #11
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
cutting up karnis not going to bring up the values of stock ones, not sure why but they do hold their values well

i love cutting up karni

Last edited by hmcl281 : 03-27-2013 at 08:05 PM.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 PM #12
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG
LIKE LIGHTNING

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
cutting up karnis not going to bring up the values of stock ones, not sure why but they do hold their values well

i love cutting up karni

i ogt out of paintbal about 4 years ago, and prices for the karni are atleast 100 more, and they hold there value bc they are one of the best made autockers ever.
HKARMY
EKK
SHIFT PROGRAM
SPEKTA 2 LV1
Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 PM #13
hmcl281

think they average about 450 for the past 4 years
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 PM #14
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG
LIKE LIGHTNING

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
think they average about 450 for the past 4 years
true but have noticed that the ones, that arent cut up tend to bring a little more.
HKARMY
EKK
SHIFT PROGRAM
SPEKTA 2 LV1
Old 03-27-2013, 08:32 PM #15
hmcl281

most of the time i have only seen stock karni for sale

ego and karni came out about the same year, karni sells for 450 and ego are about 150 to 200. have no idea why karni are so stable at that 450 price range
Old 03-27-2013, 08:33 PM #16
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG
LIKE LIGHTNING

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
most of the time i have only seen stock karni for sale

ego and karni came out about the same year, karni sells for 450 and ego are about 150 to 200. have no idea why karni are so stable at that 450 price range
bc they arent making newer models.
HKARMY
EKK
SHIFT PROGRAM
SPEKTA 2 LV1