Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-17-2013, 08:41 PM #1
scottallen1986

MR5 upgrade ideas?

I picked up an MR5 for it's dual FS/.68 capacity and it works but....

the thing SLAMS forward and kicks like a mule. (for a paintball gun)

I'm not super familiar with the internals and mods like many here so I was just wondering if there were any suggestions as to how to smooth it out. I like it, it's a fun addition to the collection and I already had mags from the Hammer 7 so figured why not, but I figure there has to be something I can do. Different bolt, different springs, different something to make it not shoot like the PMI's I used when renting back in the day...
scottallen1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:54 PM #2
SeanAllen
tacticool

I have an MRX, and I agree, the thing kicks hard, and is louder than hell. Personally, I enjoy that though; but Id try to find a spring with less tension. I believe Actionvillage sells a spyder spring kit so you can try a bunch of sizes and tensions out to see what you like, Im sure youll have to play around with the velocity as well.

Right now as far as upgrades for the MRX & MR5, its just barrels and trigger upgrades. Im sure later in the future you'll start seeing more aftermarket internals
SeanAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:38 PM #3
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
If you want to try and use a LP tank that regulates the air about 400psi you could see less kick. You can always try a lighter than stock spring from a kit, but it wont make HUGE differences unless you happen to have gotten old spyder spring in by accident (you 99% don't.)

The other option would be for you to rig up a HPR to your gun and lower the pressure a little bit. It would feel similar to the LP tank if you can try to see if you like it or not.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:13 AM #4
scottallen1986

I do have some old school spyder springs from a multicolored spyder spring kit. I know I'm going to have to reduce the spring because I took it out and tried shooting FS with it and couldn't get it below 285. Though the consistency was pretty remarkable 285-287. Pretty impressive as is, but I want it around 265-270. (I shoot FS at lower speeds to keep the whine factor down when I shoot someone "close" with one.)

I like this idea of the LP regulator on a tank. Would this be something I could do to a NINJA 13/3000? That's what I'm currently using. No clue what current output pressure is.

As for an HPR reg, do they have any inline versions of those that I could just screw directly into the bottomline and the tank into the reg? That I think would eliminate the need for the spring and the tank mods...

Thanks guys!
scottallen1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:03 AM #5
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottallen1986 View Post
As for an HPR reg, do they have any inline versions of those that I could just screw directly into the bottomline and the tank into the reg? That I think would eliminate the need for the spring and the tank mods...
Yeah there is. It'll screw on like a bottomline ASA. It's called a Palmers Female Stabilizer. This will help keep your current setup intact and allow you to fully adjust your pressure just like your standard HPR.

However, you could also purchase an adjustable tank regulator and use that as your regulator. I've never tried this option so maybe there are people in the forums here who could provide some input on this type of regulator.
MacrolineGuy.com
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote