PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-25-2013, 10:17 PM #1
Mitbackwards

04 Angel Speed Problems (video link)

Group,

Going to a bachelor party and paintball is on the agenda. I haven't touched my stuff in about 4 years due to kids, etc...

Gassed up the Angel to see if it still works... To my surprise (mostly) it has an issue where the blot is sticking and air is leaking. Ran a few searches here and didn't find too much. Pulled the RAM out, oiled it, and it appears to be good. Also cleaned and removed the detentes with no success. Next on the list is to remove and inspect LPR and Mini-reg but at this point I'm hoping someone has an idea of the cause, short of me sending it to fixmyangel.

Here's a link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmug7WJYiek

Thanks for your time and attention.

Tim
Mitbackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:23 PM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
From the video, it doesn't look like the bolt is sticking, it looks like the gun isn't cycling at all. If that's the case, you might want to check that your solenoid gasket isn't on backwards. If it is, it'll make that "puff" noise and not cycle the bolt, very similar to your video.

If the bolt actually is sticking forward, open the rotobreech and hold it securely, then fire while looking down through the bolt pin slot at the ram/hammer (wear some ear protection - it will be extremely loud). If the ram itself is sticking forward, the problem is ram related.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:13 AM #3
Mitbackwards

Thank you Doc for taking the time to respond (I was hoping you'd chime in). I'll check and get back to you tomorrow. I'd be surprised if its the solenoid gasket since I haven't touched it at all and it was working like a dream 4 years ago.

I'm leaning towards the latter since the delayed 'click' in the video is the blot slowly heading back. When I degas it and fire it, the blot says forward and I have to manually push it back. Darn, I was hoping to stay away from a big money fix that's worth half the gun.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:51 AM #4
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Ahh, I see. The open-breech firing test will tell you for sure whether it's ram related. If not, you know it's something pretty minor. You might also want to check your dwell and LPR pressure, if you have the gauge tool. After sitting for that long, you may simply need to perform basic maintenance on your regs.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:41 AM #5
Winnebago
Angels 4 Life

are you able to check the pressures? both the hpr and lpr?

the vid sounds like the forward stroke is good but the return stroke is delayed.

What happens when you turn sensi off and try to fire fast? have you dropped oil into the asa/flashtank and dry fire about 30 shots?
WTB: Angels + Jerseys
Angel Rescue! (aka WTB Broken Angels)
Old PBN Feedback
Winnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:11 PM #6
Mitbackwards

Thanks Winnebago. Already tried without sensi on and it was thr same result. Pressure seems fine as well....

It looks to be the RAM unfortunately (see new video below)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=2T-Qg8sNPN0

Am I right? What are my options? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:35 PM #7
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
TwinsPoppa plays in the PSP
TwinsPoppa plays in the APPA D4 division
Fixed the link for you. BTW ... nice looking Angel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T-Qg8sNPN0
TwinsPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:46 PM #8
Mitbackwards

Thanks! Doing this from an iPad... Yes, I would agree and wish I could get it up and shooting again...
Old 03-26-2013, 09:49 PM #9
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
TwinsPoppa plays in the PSP
TwinsPoppa plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitbackwards View Post
Thanks! Doing this from an iPad... Yes, I would agree and wish I could get it up and shooting again...
Wish I could help but I'm an angel newb.

When they see your second vid, I think someone will be able to identify your problem.

Good luck!
TwinsPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:12 PM #10
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Looks like the ram is definitely sticking forward. If you remove your ram, can you cycle it by hand easily, or does it feel gritty/sticky? There's also the possibility your solenoid is sticking. If the ram feels like it is cycling smoothly by hand you might want to check and make sure you haven't overtightened the solenoid retaining screw and, if you're feeling ambitious, try servicing the 'noid.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:59 PM #11
Mitbackwards

Fixed! Took the whole gun apart after realizing I plugged the sol' into the hop' slot. Not one of my better moments. Good news is it was an easy fix. Thanks to all that responded.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:36 PM #12
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Lol, we've all done it. I considered mentioning it, but I didn't think the delay was long enough for it to be that. Glad you got it sorted out.