Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-17-2013, 08:35 AM #1
PsycoMenace

Getting back into the game after a few years.... yes another thread!!!

Hey guys whats going on. Well I want to see where everyones leading to towards a new Marker and Hopper. I see there are many out there now after being out the game for a while.

What do you guys recommend to get for a New Marker and hopper.
For both Milsim and for Speedball. Id like to see what everyone has to say.
Thanks
PsycoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2013, 06:56 PM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Not much has really changed. The guns from a few years ago are still around and just as good. Buy what you like

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:23 PM #3
Oldandsneaky
Still My Pump Badge

Annual Supporting Member
Since a marker is such a personal choice, the best way is to rent or borrow different markers and play with them. I find myself going back to mechanical autocockers and having more fun than the newer stuff.
Oldandsneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:24 PM #4
DyebymyAxe
Moving target

DyebymyAxe is playing at Living Legends VI
DyebymyAxe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyebymyAxe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree definitely see if you can borrow someone's gun for a game. Last year I got back into the sport and I went from using co2 spider back in 1997 to using an empire axe. I only just decided to join this forum cause I'm deployed and well....bored..but yes borrowing guns on the field is how I caught back up to the current state of the sport and found the gun i favor
DyebymyAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:06 AM #5
GanjaPalooza
Double D

GanjaPalooza owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GanjaPalooza plays in the APPA D4 division
GanjaPalooza has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyebymyAxe View Post
I agree definitely see if you can borrow someone's gun for a game. Last year I got back into the sport and I went from using co2 spider back in 1997 to using an empire axe. I only just decided to join this forum cause I'm deployed and well....bored..but yes borrowing guns on the field is how I caught back up to the current state of the sport and found the gun i favor
Wanted to thank you for your duty!

Back to business. Depending on how much you want to spend will be a large deciding factor in your purchase. Use a lot, hold a lot, shoot a lot and ask a lot lol. Unless you go to a field with a bunch of stuck up f***ers, everyone (mostly) should have no problem showing off gear and letting you shoot a few rounds through them.

Like people have already said, not MUCH has changed.... but enough to make a difference. Now'a'days (just like in the past) most of your decisions will be based off of what you use and how you like the feel for it. Rarely do you find one High-end marker that is waaaaaay better than the rest of the market.

Hope this helps!

Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 AM #6
Hammar

If you get a solid 06 or newer highend gun with a board that has nearly every mode (either stock or aftermarket) you will be good to go.

Honestly you can spend $200 and get a marker that will shoot just as fast as the most expensive markers on the market. That can be just as efficient, etc.

Heck you could get a techt bolt ion with a qev and virtue/tadao board that will shoot essentially as good as anything.
Hammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:35 PM #7
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology