PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-18-2013, 04:37 PM #1
3ll3nwood

has been a member for 10 years
Is this a bad solenoid? Video Inside - NT10

So my NT10 has shot great now for about 8 - 10 cases. During a finals game this past weekend it decided to stop working correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3jB4oZlyqg

I have rebuilt the bolt and relubed the Hyper3 plunger (it seems to be recharging fine on the pressure tester as well). I also blew pressurized air through the manifold hoping that some small debris had just clogged the air passage. This is not a battery issue and I have tried 2 different boards all resulting in the exact issues you see in the videos. Also tried multiple tanks.

Settings:
~130psi
7ms (was running at 9 or 10 for a few weeks now, perhaps that pushed the noid over the edge?)

I'm assuming the solenoid is simply done. Really love the way this thing shoots and I want to fix it.

Last edited by 3ll3nwood : 03-18-2013 at 05:03 PM.
3ll3nwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2013, 04:57 PM #2
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
your video isnt working

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:03 PM #3
-Lightning-
Be the thunder

-Lightning- is playing at Living Legends VI
-Lightning- has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- supports DLX Technology
For Paint_Hore- Sounds like it shoots fine, then slowly fades out until its just the noir clicking.
-Lightning- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:04 PM #4
3ll3nwood

Posted a different link. Should be working now.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:07 PM #5
3ll3nwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lightning- View Post
For Paint_Hore- Sounds like it shoots fine, then slowly fades out until its just the noir clicking.
Essentially this. It cycles fine for an indefinite number of shots ( I shot about half a pod through last night before it started acting up) then suddenly all I get are "poofs" from the noid. You can see in the video when I turn it off/on it cycles a few more times then back to "poofing."

Just wanted to get you guys input before I spend money on a new solenoid.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 PM #6
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Weird, the vid is still not working for me but everything else on youtube is.

When I had an nt10 I always used dwell of 8-9 without issues. Usually the noid is dead or it isnt. The ones that died on my nt10 would only work with pressure that made the noid vent. No amount of turning it on/off changed that fact.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Old 03-19-2013, 07:39 PM #7
3ll3nwood

Guys at the shop agreed that it is probably a bad solenoid. Got a new one coming so we shall see.

For future reference, I'm told the NT10 noids really shouldn't be put over 7ms dwell. I had run a few cases through mine at anywhere from 8 - 10 so I'm guessing that pushed it over the edge.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:05 PM #8
tacodorifto

You can just replace the pilot. The dm6-dm9 and nt10-11 all share the same pilot on the solenoid assembly.
tacodorifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 PM #9
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
The noids are all the same. The only difference is the manidfold so if the nt11 noid can handle 10 then so can the identical nt10 noid.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 PM #10
pmflexxx
You best not miss

I had a similiar issue where my NT11 would fire once, at most twice, and then just click. This was with a recently replaced solenoid after the first one died.

I changed every o-ring, the spool spring, and the spool bumper to no avail. I cleaned out the Hyper3, raised the dwell to 10, put in a new Energizer and increased Hyper3 pressure by small increments using a reg tester. Nothing worked until i hit ~140psi and it became a blender.

Called Dye and the tech suggested running air through the marker's internal passages, manifold, Hyper3, etc... I did that in addition to running q tips through the macroline and macro fittings. The macroline was filthy. Also cleaned out the small holes in the manifold and solenoid with a pick and ran pressurized air through them as well. When I aired up the marker it finally shot consistently again at 125 psi! I put 7-10 cases through it in the past couple weeks without any hiccups and +/- 3 on the chrono.

I'm guessing debris inside the marker was choking the solenoid. I don't know if it was bad fills, improper maintenance from the previous user or what but after cleaning every nook and cranny and running a tanks worth of air through the passages I'm back to where my NT used to be.

Last edited by pmflexxx : 03-20-2013 at 01:05 PM.
pmflexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:51 PM #11
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
I finally got to see the video. Its odd when you turn off the gun it fires again for a bit.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:25 PM #12
Brammie

Brammie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Brammie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I had the exact same problem as the OP with my NT10. It sometimes would last half a day and then start doing the puffs. A new noid fixed it.
Brammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:41 PM #13
coon_dog

coon_dog plays in the PSP
coon_dog owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coon_dog plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodorifto View Post
You can just replace the pilot. The dm6-dm9 and nt10-11 all share the same pilot on the solenoid assembly.
Where can I find one of these? I went thru my reg and forgot to screw it all the way in to 0psi before I aired it up. Sent full pressure thru my noid and pretty much blew it. Only way it works for me now is every time I air it up, I have to put reg pressure to 0, turn air on, then back out reg screw to send pressure to the gun.. If not, it just leaks and wont cycle.
coon_dog is offline   Reply With Quote