Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
the hate goes both ways...i have heard "speedballers" hate on "woodsballers" and the opposite as well. now airsoft...that's a whole different argument. lol

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 AM #23
mariol
aka 'Da Pope'

has been a member for 10 years
mariol owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Airsoft the death of paintball.. NO! Won't happen while there are those who love paintball.

Airsoft can cost (equipment wise) just as much as paintball. Ammo wise, yeah, great deal on plastic bb's. And yes, there may be other cool AS toys out there, if that is what you are looking for.

Cost wise, AS will have an advantage over PB, perhaps, but as long as I can play Paintball I sure the heck will and if it gets too cost prohibative, then I'm done because I will not play AS!

If your looking for cool Mil-Sim guns and other toys and that's what draws you to AS, go for it! Knock yourself out, have fun! Have at it!!

"Im not saying I participate in one over the other, I attend both equally. I am just stating that instead of paying 60 for entry with 65 bucks a case, you can go to an airsoft game for 20 bucks. Granted your going to have a massive amount of tools that are not honorable but the same can be said for paintball
-Decker"

Brandon.. I will agree with you about the tools who won't be honest but I would rather know that I hit my opponent and he HAD to wipe rather than hit / possibly hit someone and just he won't fess up.

The death of Paintball.. not by airsoft, not by a longshot!

TTFN!

WHOSE YOUR POPE?
YETTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIII!/Team Douche Bag
RTM Contract player
mariol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:09 PM #24
dorsai

dorsai posts videos on PbNation
Here's a few points which some of you seem to be
overlooking.

Back when PB was new, there really wasn't any sort
AirSoft, so people who wanted to spend time in the'
woods having to decide on which ioption they'd go
with.

Back, before someone convinced players that they
needed to dress in brightly colored, extra loose fitting
outfits, everyone wore camo whenever they played
PB.

Finally, you're forgetting that mothers don't like seeing
her little Johnny coming home with welts or worse after
a day of paintball. Compare that to how he comes home
after a day of AirSoft.

I started playing back in late 83, I just turned 66 and
I'm no longer physically able to play. My son doesn't
play and niether do either of my daughters or my grand
kids, so yes the sport will live on, but what form it'll take
is yet to be decided.
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:19 PM #25
brandondeckerpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariol View Post
Airsoft the death of paintball.. NO! Won't happen while there are those who love paintball.

Airsoft can cost (equipment wise) just as much as paintball. Ammo wise, yeah, great deal on plastic bb's. And yes, there may be other cool AS toys out there, if that is what you are looking for.

Cost wise, AS will have an advantage over PB, perhaps, but as long as I can play Paintball I sure the heck will and if it gets too cost prohibative, then I'm done because I will not play AS!

If your looking for cool Mil-Sim guns and other toys and that's what draws you to AS, go for it! Knock yourself out, have fun! Have at it!!

"Im not saying I participate in one over the other, I attend both equally. I am just stating that instead of paying 60 for entry with 65 bucks a case, you can go to an airsoft game for 20 bucks. Granted your going to have a massive amount of tools that are not honorable but the same can be said for paintball
-Decker"

Brandon.. I will agree with you about the tools who won't be honest but I would rather know that I hit my opponent and he HAD to wipe rather than hit / possibly hit someone and just he won't fess up.

The death of Paintball.. not by airsoft, not by a longshot!

TTFN!
I totally agree with you, which is why I dont play it as often as I would if it was as honorable as paintball, which is the reason I will put 20 rounds into someone in airsoft where in paintball, two work just fine.

Yes the guns can be expensive but also there are some closer events for airsoft for myself then there are for paintball which is why I play both.
I 100% agree however that Airsoft could no way be the downfall of paintball. Those who play both will know fully that paintball is better just because of the quality of players that are at the events.
Founder, writer and producer for : Smokey Scenario Productions
https://www.facebook.com/SmokeyScenarioProductions
brandondeckerpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:52 PM #26
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
I play airsoft, woodsball, and airball. I play airball with my milsim gun. I play woodsball with my speedsball gun. Sometime, I want to take out some paintball guys with my airsoft stuff. It's all fun, and it doesn't detract from any of the sports. AS/Woodsball/Speedsball/Whateverball isn't killing paintball. Jerks are killing paintball.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:15 PM #27
brandondeckerpb

Well said ^
Founder, writer and producer for : Smokey Scenario Productions
https://www.facebook.com/SmokeyScenarioProductions
brandondeckerpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:25 PM #28
BongMan420
The Blue Baracudas FTW

BongMan420 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BongMan420 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
second that^
Old 03-20-2013, 01:10 AM #29
-sensei

Dorsai, it's me, Sensei, how are you? Still selling those blast simulators?
Back in 98, the Japanese were pushing airsoft, and we opted to go with paintball. I guess we should have gone airsoft. What do you think? It would have been cheaper, at 13 cents a round, we could have afforded some really nice mil-sim gear. Perhaps this country would be all airsoft. But, we have had a running war with cheaters, and, to me, it seems that cheating in airsoft would be infinitely easier. I've been in fistfights with cheaters, and that was no fun. One cheater can ruin a whole day for a whole field.
The fields here in Pittsburgh are pretty good about booting cheaters. Too bad all the cheaters flock to the big events. At the big events they are new and unknown.
Well, I don't play with cheaters, so I will stay with paintball. And yes, there are a lot of cheaters in our game, but I find them and don't let them near my people.
2005 D-day Skirmish, GWM
2005 West Point Battle of the Bulge GWM
2006 West Point Vietnam scenario. V.C.
2006 D-day skirmish GWM
1987-2013--- 25 years of Mil-Sim. Making Paintball a little more Mil-Sim, one player at a time.
-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:56 AM #30
drgonzo
Half-cocked

This might make a lick of sense if we weren't in the middle of the biggest explosion of milsim in the history of the sport.

As for airsoft ... around here airsoft is a major revenue stream for several of the paintball fields.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:37 AM #31
dorsai

dorsai posts videos on PbNation
hi Sensei,
I'm retired now from that business, but the folks who produce that stuff
are now in really tight with DOD, both here in the US as well as with other
military groups around the world. You can't even get past their website's
front door without an invite. It's gratifying and at the same time also too
bad because they don't offer their stuff to civilians.

I know what you mean about cheaters, but you'll find them in every sport,
just look at the business with Lance Armstrong. All we can do is call them
out when we find them and if that doesn't turn them around then it's time
to light them up till they do get the hint. Pain has a way of doing that.

As for the growth in MilSim, there is that but it can't be making the paint
makers very happy, not with folks looking to go strictly Mag Fed and what
about FSR? Talk about changing the way people play PB, FSR is going to
be the next really big thing in paintball and with it will come lower prices.
Give this new segment a couple years and I wouldn't be surprised to finally
see DOD get serious about using paintball as part of their training. It
all goes back to that negative pain re-enforcement issue, doesn't it?
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:20 AM #32
scroadkill
still pump'n - go figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
.. AS/Woodsball/Speedsball/Whateverball isn't killing paintball. Jerks are killing paintball.
lol.. +1
Old 03-20-2013, 05:32 AM #33
mustangjohn
Mustangjohn

Jerks are killing paintball and these forums!

RIP Dog 1
mustangjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:00 AM #34
fishkopp
Hell Katz

fishkopp owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fishkopp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
This idea that paintball is going to be replaced by air-soft is nothing but crazy talk. I started playing this sport in 1985 and often wonder how long will I continue to play? I guess the answer would be as long as I’m physically able too.
I think the main thing that hurts our sport is the economy not doing so well, but somehow we die hearts seem to find a way to fund our habit.
I know at least in the world of North Eastern Scenario paintball, it’s not just about the game. It’s about relationships forged over the years with hundreds of players if not thousands. It’s like a family reunion at times at some big events we attend and I’m always excited to see players I haven’t seen in quite some time.
Some people complained about cheaters; let’s face it we all know some and they don’t usually last too long in our sport.
Some day when the economy picks up ( I’m guessing 4 years from now) paintball will grow even stronger then it is now and markers and gear will continue to improve along with new safety innovations.

Balling Since 86

TEAM RTM CONTRACT PLAYER
fishkopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM #35
vasmir
"Swaim"

vasmir is a Supporting Member
I wasn't going to post until I saw someone rip Lance Armstrong above.

When I played x-ball in college, I'd meet lots of people that mocked woodsball; and when I played with the collegiate scenario/woodsball club, lots of them would mock the airball players. Never made any sense to me.

If there's one thing that we should all be able to mock - together - it should be airsoft.
vasmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:50 PM #36
drgonzo
Half-cocked

I have seen the rivalry between the two sports bring new players to both sports.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:03 AM #37
-sensei

I posted this for more than one reason.
First, to point out that mocking doesnt help anyone.
Second, to point out that we need to shock the manufacturers. They need to move beyond ak 47 and M16/ M4 markers. The "tommy gun" the sten gun, the bolt action (world war 2) markers are all in demand by scenario people who want to do World War 2 scenarios.
I don't know if you know or remember the Zin. For a few years, they did Skirmish ION and Stalingrad. Well, they went to reenacting, and are now doing reenacting with real guns and are "Russian." They have even gotten on Russian television.

We need to grab these airsoft guys, give them gear that's Engler quality, and get them out there with us.
In the 80's we had a rule, people on this field dont surrender. We kept that rule to the point of pain. I've fired blanks and been hammered with an empty gun.
My point is, we should not surrender to airsoft. We need to have gear just as realistic as airsoft is. Engler cant do it alone. We need more makers and more users. I admire a pump user. Some of those guys would gladly use a pump that looked like a mauser. But, without demand, there will be no new markers.

Yeah, milsim is up, but until we are as real as airsoft, we won't get the airsoft crew to do what we do. We just have to up our game and get even more realistic.
They just shot down Feinsteins gun ban. That is good for paintball. Obama says he will get the guns in another way. All the hippies hate guns, and of course, they hate paintball. I remember a hippy saying that we were just training to be hateful killing machines. I really liked that. As a matter of fact, I may paint that on my marker.
2005 D-day Skirmish, GWM
2006 D-day skirmish GWM
1987-2013--- 25 years of Mil-Sim. Making Paintball a little more Mil-Sim, one player at a time.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 AM #38
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
^so much agree. I always go over to the Engler page and just drool (oh my gosh that Garand). Unfortunately, the $1000 price tag scares me away. There is so much market for WWII, I can't believe no ones gone after it. If someone could come out with more classic guns but a lower price, they'd make s killing. Plus, If I see one more "new" milsim gun that's an AR, I'm gonna murder someone. Need to see more bullpups! I want my paintball FAMAS!!!!
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:18 AM #39
-sensei

Also, airsoft is a threat because it is easier to play. It doesn't require a special field. I know guys that play in their homes. They can play in buildings that paintball would mutilate.
Also, I can't get the airsoft guys to consider paintball. They have too much money into their sport.
\
Also look at cost. Go to the tippmann site and find the 1919 Engler machine gun, 2,000 dollars. Airsoft can be pricey, but wow, the same gear in paintball cost a mint.
2005 D-day Skirmish, GWM
2006 D-day skirmish GWM
Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 AM #40
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sensei View Post
Also, airsoft is a threat because it is easier to play. It doesn't require a special field. I know guys that play in their homes. They can play in buildings that paintball would mutilate.
Also, I can't get the airsoft guys to consider paintball. They have too much money into their sport.
\
Also look at cost. Go to the tippmann site and find the 1919 Engler machine gun, 2,000 dollars. Airsoft can be pricey, but wow, the same gear in paintball cost a mint.
Bro, you make no sense. Please ask for this thread to be deleted.

You shoot a gun in both sports. How can one be easier than the other???
You can play in more places because it doesn't make a mess. That is just another reason for your field to expand their business.
Your last sentence makes no sense at all! Which one are you trying to say costs more??? It sounds like you are saying paintball costs more than Air soft. If that's so, you are not helping your argument.
There are more than enough people out there that play paintball and have a great time. Meet some new friends and stop trying to change people. Let them do what they have fun doing! The more you bad mouth their sport, the more you make yourself look bad. You are no better than the people you were originally complaining about.
Hey....here is an idea..... Just go out and have fun. Maybe you just need to travel a little further if your local numbers are dwindling.

Last edited by k2riser : 03-21-2013 at 01:02 PM.
k2riser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:08 AM #41
SR_Voodoo

SR_Voodoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SR_Voodoo owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Not for nothing, but I've seen plenty a mil-sim/mag-fed player with just as much of an elitist attitude as the some of the tourney players. (For the record, I play both woods and speedball) Drop the attitude, delete threads like this that are nothing but finger pointing and divisive. Get out and enjoy whatever aspect of the sport you play and cut the crap with all the backbiting. Sound good?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:16 AM #42
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjohn View Post
Jerks are killing paintball and these forums!
I wouldn't say it's so much these forums anymore but Facebook and all the e-celebs that are trying to turn paintball into a love fest.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups