Community Focus

Old 02-07-2013, 09:37 PM #1
Rogg
Randall

Rogg plays in the PSP
Rogg plays in the MiLP
Rogg plays in the APPA D3 division
Weekly web show

Since there is pretty much zero quality content out there of our area's tournament scene I want to start doing a weekly web show. I am going to need some help from the community to make this happen. The goal is to do interviews via skype with people with in the community: local teams, field owners, and tournament organizers. Along with this I would like to do a PBA style scouting report on the show before MiLP tournaments (and more if people want it). I want to break down where people are scrimmaging, what teams need players, and any exciting information about the local scene. Whatever I can compile by Thursday of each week will be uploaded to youtube that night. Keep in mind this show will never review gear or anything of that nature.

Please email me at roggpb@gmail.com if you would be interesting in providing an interview or if you have any information about your team such as: upcoming scrimmages, recruiting status, or a rich team history (would love see guy from Lastcall, Fatcity, Pr1me, CEP, etc).
Thank you,
Randall Sims
Rogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 AM #2
coder51
errm.... yeah

has been a member for 10 years
coder51 plays in the MiLP
coder51 plays in the APPA D4 division
Dude, this is a killer idea.

Clarksville Defiance

Feedback
New - Old
coder51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:02 PM #3
Joker_WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by coder51 View Post
Dude, this is a killer idea.
its a prertty sweet idea, talk with field owners about putting it together, maybe even to milp tournament coverage?? 0_o

Last edited by Joker_WolfPack : 02-09-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Joker_WolfPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 AM #4
GanjaPalooza
Double D

GanjaPalooza plays in the MiLP
GanjaPalooza owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GanjaPalooza plays in the APPA D4 division
GanjaPalooza has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Great, great, GREAT idea.

PM me if you need help getting started/people for the production, I am already formulating great ideas. This could help the sport grow!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:05 AM #5
Looneybin

has been a member for 10 years
Looneybin posts videos on PbNation
It would take a lot to even come close to the pb access. I hear all the time, "why can't you make your videos more like the webcast?". well, for starters they have 6 cameras, about a dozen people in production, and 100 times the budget. LOL I have talk to steve about doing something similar. It can be done, it will just take a lot of work. If it isn't high quality, the trolls will swarm. lol

Youtube Channel-http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamWoooa?feature=guide
facebook page-http://www.facebook.com/pages/337-AM/247975041900939
MILP Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5N-tU_fDo
Looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:02 PM #6
Rogg
Randall

Rogg plays in the PSP
Rogg plays in the MiLP
I am keeping my expectations of how I can execute this very realistic. I work in IT and know that the amount of effort and money it would take to do a live cast of a tournament and that just isn't possible for something of this scale. The goal is a week before events get one player from each division playing in MiLP and have a breakdown of what to expect of the teams playing in the league via a skype video chat with a graphical overlay making it look pretty. With the help of people taking video and pictures at events I could do quality recaps of the tournament shortly after they take place with hopefully video clips of the big games that took place and pictures of players who stood out.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 PM #7
smarthomes

smarthomes plays in the PSP
smarthomes plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogg View Post
I am keeping my expectations of how I can execute this very realistic. I work in IT and know that the amount of effort and money it would take to do a live cast of a tournament and that just isn't possible for something of this scale. The goal is a week before events get one player from each division playing in MiLP and have a breakdown of what to expect of the teams playing in the league via a skype video chat with a graphical overlay making it look pretty. With the help of people taking video and pictures at events I could do quality recaps of the tournament shortly after they take place with hopefully video clips of the big games that took place and pictures of players who stood out.
Let us know how the MiLP can help you in this effort. I would suggest hooking up with Lee at 337 (Looneybin). He has talked about doing somthing similar in the past and I am sure you guys could help each other. Additionally, we have partnered with PBNation and Social Paintball to publish this kind of content through their channels.
smarthomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44 PM #8
Glove

Annual Supporting Member
Glove plays in the MiLP
Glove plays in the APPA D4 division
I do have a college degree in video production too so I know a good fair amount of how things should look. I could for sure give you guys some ideas and would love to see this happen. Just going to be trial and error. you can set up cameras all over too. let me know if you guys have any questions id be glad to answer them and also help out too. But im be playing MILP all year cause I have heard that its a great series to play
Old 02-11-2013, 11:35 PM #9
.Outlaw.
Dustin Powell

.Outlaw. plays in the MiLP
.Outlaw. is Boss
I'm planning on doing pictures at every event and division that I'm not playing in (with the exception of Event 1). I'd love to help out.

"Originally posted by dehr: anything i post Chis Hansen is probably recording"

SOFT GOODS SALE
.Outlaw. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:22 AM #10
DI*killa

DI*killa is a Professional paintball player
DI*killa plays in the PSP
DI*killa donated to help Peyton Trent
DI*killa is an NCPA player
DI*killa plays in the APPA Pro division
Great Idea!

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
DI*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:33 PM #11
Rogg
Randall

Rogg plays in the PSP
Rogg plays in the MiLP
The first episode will be uploaded this weekend. It will cover MiLP event 1 at Dosser and a preview of the semifinals for D3 that will take place at the next event. If anyone has any pictures or video that was taken at the event that you would like to contribute (you will be credited for it in the episode) please contact me here on pbnation.

Sorry for taking so long and thank you for the support. You won’t be disappointed.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 PM #12
Wheeldogg
Sam

Wheeldogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wheeldogg owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Wheeldogg has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
were would we find said episode?

Recball Videos (add yours today!)
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3927913
Wheeldogg is offline   Reply With Quote