PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-19-2013, 03:19 PM #1
ScottW

ScottW owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ScottW supports our troops
DM10 shooting full auto

My dad has a DM10 that had a slight leak so he replaced the bolt sail oring with an oring fron ans gear's oring kit (not the dye color coded , there all black) and it kept leaking, so he replaced the whole bolt assemblys orings from that kit. After doing that the next time it was aired up, without the gun even being on it started going off shooting full auto really fast, any ideas what it could be?
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:29 PM #2
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
My dad has a DM10 that had a slight leak so he replaced the bolt sail oring with an oring fron ans gear's oring kit (not the dye color coded , there all black) and it kept leaking, so he replaced the whole bolt assemblys orings from that kit. After doing that the next time it was aired up, without the gun even being on it started going off shooting full auto really fast, any ideas what it could be?
Odd problem, make sure the bolt kit is tightened properly. make sure he used correct size orings as well.

1: Fresh battery

2: set dwell to 21

3: set LPR to 3 1/2 turns

4: Set HPR to 4 1/2 turns

see how that does, I believe i know what you're talking about but i've only seen it once. it was a oring issue.

if you want take a look at my sig, for 25 bucks the gun gets rebuild all color coded orings, cleaned/teched lubed etc

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:08 PM #3
not2old2play

He put in a fresh battery, set the dwell to 21 and replaced the o rings with the color coded ones from Dye. Now it's back to the slight leak it had before, but no more full auto. LPR and HPR were not adjusted since the gun was working fine when he last used it last fall with them both at their current settings / adjustment. Maybe a slight solenoid leak?
not2old2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:37 PM #4
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by not2old2play View Post
He put in a fresh battery, set the dwell to 21 and replaced the o rings with the color coded ones from Dye. Now it's back to the slight leak it had before, but no more full auto. LPR and HPR were not adjusted since the gun was working fine when he last used it last fall with them both at their current settings / adjustment. Maybe a slight solenoid leak?

Where is the leak coming from? grip frame or bolt or what?

Also have him set the HPR/LPR to the recommended settings I posted please then report back.

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
Old 03-19-2013, 08:13 PM #5
Drix

A noid leak could be a problem especially if it were from the front of the bolt allowing the dump chamber to apply more pressure to the rear of the bolt and essentially creating a blow foreword design. This would be the first time I'd ever heard of that happening however. Having an idea of where we're leaking from would give us a way better understanding of what o-ring has gone wrong.
'03 Dye Matrix /w X93 bolt
'01 Shocker Sport Turbo /w old school Maxflo 4500
Drix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:06 PM #6
not2old2play

Adjusted LPR to 3 1/2 turns and HPR to 4 1/2 turns - still leaks. Separated body and grip frame, aired it up to locate leak. It was coming from the bottom of the body under the LPR. Discovered that the set screw on the bottom of the body that holds the LPR assembly in place had come loose. Snugged up that set screw and the leak stopped. Cleaned / lubed LPR and changed the reg seat for good measure. Gun is leak free!
Thank you for your help.
not2old2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:25 PM #7
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by not2old2play View Post
Adjusted LPR to 3 1/2 turns and HPR to 4 1/2 turns - still leaks. Separated body and grip frame, aired it up to locate leak. It was coming from the bottom of the body under the LPR. Discovered that the set screw on the bottom of the body that holds the LPR assembly in place had come loose. Snugged up that set screw and the leak stopped. Cleaned / lubed LPR and changed the reg seat for good measure. Gun is leak free!
Thank you for your help.
Welcome bro

Owner/home field.