JL1988

JL1988 is playing at Living Legends V
JL1988 supports Team VICIOUS
JL1988 supports Team VICIOUS
JL1988 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears View Post
So I just picked up a Freak kit.
Should I also get the two size Lurker barrels?

Which would get more use? Pros/cons of Freak vs Lurker?
My own personal opinion would be why purchase 2 more barrels, when you have a freak kit that offers most of the bore sizes you will need?
JL1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:40 PM #23
Tears
Brokenbuyer*

Tears helped look for balloons
Tears supports Team VICIOUS
Tears has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Tears supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1988 View Post
My own personal opinion would be why purchase 2 more barrels, when you have a freak kit that offers most of the bore sizes you will need?
True.
Will there be any performance differences of the Lurker over Freak?

Agg is in aggression.
Brokenbuyer: 24/0/0
Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:12 PM #24
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears View Post
True.
Will there be any performance differences of the Lurker over Freak?
I'm not sure how long the control bore is on the Lurker barrel, but other than that, I can't see how it could be any better.

With the Freak, you can choose tip length, bore, and porting amount... They really are a nice bang for the buck. Just significantly heavier than the lurker.
NJEmortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:58 PM #25
acabello72

acabello72 is BST Legit
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEmortal View Post
I'm not sure how long the control bore is on the Lurker barrel, but other than that, I can't see how it could be any better.

With the Freak, you can choose tip length, bore, and porting amount... They really are a nice bang for the buck. Just significantly heavier than the lurker.
Their website doesn't really say how long the control bore is. Just that its got 9.5 inches of unported barrel length. So who knows.

Ill throw in that I just picked up a deathtouch kit and so far it seems great. Nice long control bore. Looks awesome on my Clone GT as well as my Axe. Haven't played with it yet but did some shooting in my yard. Noticeably quieter than the stock axe barrel (obviously) and, to my ears, a touch softer than the shift barrel.
acabello72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:19 PM #26
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Mega Moderator
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
It's a 9.5 inch control bore, assuming your definition of control bore is no porting and the same bore size
Old 03-11-2013, 11:30 PM #27
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by acabello72 View Post
Their website doesn't really say how long the control bore is. Just that its got 9.5 inches of unported barrel length. So who knows.

Ill throw in that I just picked up a deathtouch kit and so far it seems great. Nice long control bore. Looks awesome on my Clone GT as well as my Axe. Haven't played with it yet but did some shooting in my yard. Noticeably quieter than the stock axe barrel (obviously) and, to my ears, a touch softer than the shift barrel.
I've tried UL's, CFBoomsticks, DeathTouch, Shaft4, MacDev shift, Sly Pro Merc Carbon and Diesel, J&J, Deadlywind, Hammerhead, OTP, Furious, Kaner, Lucky15's.

Sold almost all of them except my Deadlywind, Furious Lotus, and my DeathTouch kit. I still have my lucky15's and CFBoomy's, but I use the other 3 more

Edit: Again, never even held a lurker barrel, will not speak to it. I have, on the other hand, used lurker lube, and that stuff is amazing.

Last edited by NJEmortal : 03-11-2013 at 11:34 PM.
NJEmortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:43 PM #28
acabello72

acabello72 is BST Legit
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
It's a 9.5 inch control bore, assuming your definition of control bore is no porting and the same bore size
thanks for clearing that up.. My concern was where the step was, but after re-reading the description on your site I see that it clearly says that it's stepped up at the porting… but either way thanks

Quote:
I've tried UL's, CFBoomsticks, DeathTouch, Shaft4, MacDev shift, Sly Pro Merc Carbon and Diesel, J&J, Deadlywind, Hammerhead, OTP, Furious, Kaner, Lucky15's.

Sold almost all of them except my Deadlywind, Furious Lotus, and my DeathTouch kit. I still have my lucky15's and CFBoomy's, but I use the other 3 more

Edit: Again, never even held a lurker barrel, will not speak to it. I have, on the other hand, used lurker lube, and that stuff is amazing.
going to be putting the deathtouch kit through it's paces this weekend.. Im sure I'll be happy with it.

I've never shot the eigen barrel either… it seems well made and Im sure the science behind it makes it a very effective barrel. Im just partial to two piece barrels. I am very tempted to order the lurker lube though. I hear nothing but great things.
acabello72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:31 PM #29
DiRtDoGg
BLACK HAWKS #69

DiRtDoGg owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DiRtDoGg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DiRtDoGg has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DiRtDoGg has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Shot my Axe with Furious Lotus barrel all day on Saturday and Sunday... The setup was so ridiculous, it convinced my teammate to buy an Axe this morning.

The gun was so quiet that he thought I was only shooting around 100fps
quoted for truth axe is at my house lol
DiRtDoGg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:51 AM #30
rubenpr79
Principe

Annual Supporting Member
rubenpr79 plays in the PSP
rubenpr79 is Legendary
rubenpr79 supports DLX Technology
Quote:

deadlywind or furious for my vcom ???