PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-18-2013, 09:11 PM #1
ttam13xlpb
Matt Wilson

ttam13xlpb plays in the APPA D5 division
Axe question

I was shooting my axe this afternoon and after a few pods the marker just started leaking heavily. I disconnected the air supply quickly and then noticed that gun would not turn on anymore. I removed the battery and foregrip. After staring at it for a few minutes i put the foregrip back on and plugged the battery back up and the board came back on, only now it was in semi and it was in psp mode before the incident. I aired it back up and there were no leaks and the gun seems to work fine. I was able to run about a hopper through it before running out of air. Does anyone know what might have caused this and if it's likely to happen again?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!!!

G.I. Sports Pulse RDR F/S/T
BUY MY GEAR HERE
ttam13xlpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:35 AM #2
PatrickWRX
Ipswich Unwanted

Annual Supporting Member
PatrickWRX supports DLX Technology
If it is the stock board then you only have 10 seconds to swap the battery or it resets to default, which should explain the firing mode change.

The leak could have been a weak or loose battery causing the solenoid to stay open. This would also explain why the board wouldn't come back on. Replace the battery and inspect the battery wiring and its connection to the board. Was it humid or raining that day?
Old 03-19-2013, 07:35 AM #3
ttam13xlpb
Matt Wilson

ttam13xlpb plays in the APPA D5 division
that would explain the firing mode change. Yes it was raining earlier in the day and was fairly humid. Thanks for your response

G.I. Sports Pulse RDR F/S/T
BUY MY GEAR HERE
ttam13xlpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:47 PM #4
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickWRX View Post
If it is the stock board then you only have 10 seconds to swap the battery or it resets to default, which should explain the firing mode change.
With the Optimus board. this would be correct, however, if it's the Shockwave board, this wouldn't be. The Shockwave has a resistor on it that retains all your personal settings after the battery is removed.]

ttam13xlpb - if you have an optimus board (says optimus on the side of the board) call Kee and have them send you the new Shockwave board, it's free.
If it's the Shockwave board call Kee and have them semd you a new board, it's under warranty and again, it's free.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:04 PM #5
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
The Shockwave has a resistor on it that retains all your personal settings after the battery is removed.
You sure it is a resistor and not a capacitor?