Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-17-2013, 03:44 PM #1
reecez124

etek 4 or axe

looking at etek 4 lt or empire axe, what would you recommend?
reecez124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2013, 04:18 PM #2
b15cu1t

b15cu1t owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
seeing as this is a etek board then most people will say etek.
best bet try both then decide
b15cu1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:33 PM #3
Jonestowntea
AMBUSH ALPHA

Cults right you will get an Etek out of everyone on here... the axe is a good gun but, the Etek is a bullet proof platform...
Old 03-17-2013, 10:43 PM #4
Parasite
Not Amused

Annual Supporting Member
Parasite is a Moderator
Parasite is a founding member
Parasite is BST Legit
Parasite plays in the APPA D4 division
Also, the balance and feel of the two are significantly different - you should handle (and preferably play with) both.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:10 PM #5
snapplerock

snapplerock owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
snapplerock has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
get an etek, ive had mine for the longest time and it still works!! planet eclipse makes great guns!
snapplerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:13 PM #6
inferno2inferno

Being an owner of both i prefer the etek simply because it is a reliable, consistent and durable platform that will perform in all conditions no problem. Reliability is extremely important in any marker platform and the etek will never let you down; except in cases of critical user error.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:20 PM #7
Bullunion
A.K.A Squirt

Bullunion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
First I have owned both, second I am not biased.

Now having owned both ill do a comparison.

Ergonomics- I would say Etek pe has always made really comfortable guns and it shows in the Etek. The axe is just a round back it feels like

Weight- both feel about the same not sure on exact weight tho

Shot quality- axe. Super smooth and quiet for price range and expessially if you tune it right. Etek shoots like every other ego.

Maintenance- both are really easy and don't take a lot. If I had to choose I would Etek. Just since pull bolt out, pull ram out lube and you're ready to go. Plus you don't have to do it as often.

What you get- Etek, pe makes sure they include everything you would need, comes in nice hard zipper case, **** load of o-rings and other parts, Allen's, lube ect. But mind axes come with it's fair share as well.

My opinion- if you are all for shot quality axe is the way to go. Not saying the Etek shoots horribly but axe is noticeably better. But for me I choose Etek. Pe has mad markers for a very long time and their products are well proven. I have never had a problem with a Pe product and have had one with an axe. Plus I do like the packaging the Etek comes with. Also shot quality isn't that big of an issue to me.
Bullunion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:29 AM #8
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
WildWayz owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullunion View Post

Ergonomics- I would say Etek pe has always made really comfortable guns and it shows in the Etek. The axe is just a round back it feels like

Shot quality- axe. Super smooth and quiet for price range and expessially if you tune it right. Etek shoots like every other ego.

Maintenance- both are really easy and don't take a lot. If I had to choose I would Etek. Just since pull bolt out, pull ram out lube and you're ready to go. Plus you don't have to do it as often.

What you get- Etek, pe makes sure they include everything you would need, comes in nice hard zipper case, **** load of o-rings and other parts, Allen's, lube ect. But mind axes come with it's fair share as well.

My opinion- if you are all for shot quality axe is the way to go. Not saying the Etek shoots horribly but axe is noticeably better. But for me I choose Etek. Pe has mad markers for a very long time and their products are well proven. I have never had a problem with a Pe product and have had one with an axe. Plus I do like the packaging the Etek comes with. Also shot quality isn't that big of an issue to me.

Nice summary. I have an Axe and it is one of the nicest markers I have shot (no joke). I always find fault in markers, hence why I never keep them for long. The Axe is efficient, smooth and fun to shoot.

I just got an Etek 4 - mainly for the .50cal drop in, but I know it is going to be loud until I tune it.. then it'll still be loud. BUT I know it will always work

I would try both out and see how you like them before laying down your hard earned money.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:55 AM #9
SteveGnYc

SteveGnYc owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
SteveGnYc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SteveGnYc has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno2inferno View Post
Being an owner of both i prefer the etek simply because it is a reliable, consistent and durable platform that will perform in all conditions no problem. Reliability is extremely important in any marker platform and the etek will never let you down; except in cases of critical user error.

what they said

Quote:

i just purchased an etek 4 and fell in love with it immediately out of the box and i also have a 13 reflex rail- i cant really choose one over the other bc they're both quality markers with their own individual strengths.

but like both above said PE is more reliable and will not fail u in any weather condition.
SteveGnYc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:30 AM #10
Jase808

Annual Supporting Member
Jase808 is playing at Living Legends VI
Jase808 is playing at Living Legends VII
Jase808 is playing at Living Legends VIII
Jase808 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Jase808 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jase808 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Jase808 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I have both and they are both really good guns. My axe feedneck threads stripped out but other than that I have had no problems I havent had any problems with my etek I would go with the etek

Last edited by Jase808 : 03-22-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Jase808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 PM #11
reecez124

Quote:

i just bought an etek 4 and awaiting its arrival😃
reecez124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:12 AM #12
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
WildWayz owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
I have both