Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-17-2013, 02:44 PM #1
reecez124

etek 4 or axe

looking at etek 4 lt or empire axe, what would you recommend?
reecez124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2013, 03:18 PM #2
b15cu1t

b15cu1t owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
seeing as this is a etek board then most people will say etek.
best bet try both then decide
b15cu1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:33 PM #3
Jonestowntea
AMBUSH ALPHA

Cults right you will get an Etek out of everyone on here... the axe is a good gun but, the Etek is a bullet proof platform...
Old 03-17-2013, 09:43 PM #4
Parasite
Not Amused

Annual Supporting Member
Parasite is a Moderator
Parasite is a Supporting Member
Parasite is a founding member
Parasite is BST Legit
Parasite donated to help Peyton Trent
Also, the balance and feel of the two are significantly different - you should handle (and preferably play with) both.

"When people get a little too chummy with me
I like to call them by the wrong name
to let them know I donít really care about them."

My oldschool PBN Feedback +48 Positive/ZERO negative : before the days of this "fancy" feedback system.
Parasite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:10 PM #5
snapplerock

snapplerock owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
snapplerock has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
get an etek, ive had mine for the longest time and it still works!! planet eclipse makes great guns!
snapplerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:13 PM #6
inferno2inferno

Being an owner of both i prefer the etek simply because it is a reliable, consistent and durable platform that will perform in all conditions no problem. Reliability is extremely important in any marker platform and the etek will never let you down; except in cases of critical user error.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 PM #7
Bullunion
A.K.A Squirt

Annual Supporting Member
Bullunion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
First I have owned both, second I am not biased.

Now having owned both ill do a comparison.

Ergonomics- I would say Etek pe has always made really comfortable guns and it shows in the Etek. The axe is just a round back it feels like

Weight- both feel about the same not sure on exact weight tho

Shot quality- axe. Super smooth and quiet for price range and expessially if you tune it right. Etek shoots like every other ego.

Maintenance- both are really easy and don't take a lot. If I had to choose I would Etek. Just since pull bolt out, pull ram out lube and you're ready to go. Plus you don't have to do it as often.

What you get- Etek, pe makes sure they include everything you would need, comes in nice hard zipper case, **** load of o-rings and other parts, Allen's, lube ect. But mind axes come with it's fair share as well.

My opinion- if you are all for shot quality axe is the way to go. Not saying the Etek shoots horribly but axe is noticeably better. But for me I choose Etek. Pe has mad markers for a very long time and their products are well proven. I have never had a problem with a Pe product and have had one with an axe. Plus I do like the packaging the Etek comes with. Also shot quality isn't that big of an issue to me.
Bullunion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:29 AM #8
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullunion View Post

Ergonomics- I would say Etek pe has always made really comfortable guns and it shows in the Etek. The axe is just a round back it feels like

Shot quality- axe. Super smooth and quiet for price range and expessially if you tune it right. Etek shoots like every other ego.

Maintenance- both are really easy and don't take a lot. If I had to choose I would Etek. Just since pull bolt out, pull ram out lube and you're ready to go. Plus you don't have to do it as often.

What you get- Etek, pe makes sure they include everything you would need, comes in nice hard zipper case, **** load of o-rings and other parts, Allen's, lube ect. But mind axes come with it's fair share as well.

My opinion- if you are all for shot quality axe is the way to go. Not saying the Etek shoots horribly but axe is noticeably better. But for me I choose Etek. Pe has mad markers for a very long time and their products are well proven. I have never had a problem with a Pe product and have had one with an axe. Plus I do like the packaging the Etek comes with. Also shot quality isn't that big of an issue to me.

Nice summary. I have an Axe and it is one of the nicest markers I have shot (no joke). I always find fault in markers, hence why I never keep them for long. The Axe is efficient, smooth and fun to shoot.

I just got an Etek 4 - mainly for the .50cal drop in, but I know it is going to be loud until I tune it.. then it'll still be loud. BUT I know it will always work

I would try both out and see how you like them before laying down your hard earned money.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:55 AM #9
SteveGnYc

SteveGnYc owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
SteveGnYc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SteveGnYc has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno2inferno View Post
Being an owner of both i prefer the etek simply because it is a reliable, consistent and durable platform that will perform in all conditions no problem. Reliability is extremely important in any marker platform and the etek will never let you down; except in cases of critical user error.

what they said

Quote:

i just purchased an etek 4 and fell in love with it immediately out of the box and i also have a 13 reflex rail- i cant really choose one over the other bc they're both quality markers with their own individual strengths.

but like both above said PE is more reliable and will not fail u in any weather condition.
SteveGnYc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:30 AM #10
Jase808

Annual Supporting Member
Jase808 is playing at Living Legends VII
Jase808 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jase808 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Jase808 supports Team VICIOUS
Jase808 supports Team VICIOUS
Jase808 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Jase808 supports Empire
I have both and they are both really good guns. My axe feedneck threads stripped out but other than that I have had no problems I havent had any problems with my etek I would go with the etek

Last edited by Jase808 : 03-22-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Jase808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:41 PM #11
reecez124

Quote:

i just bought an etek 4 and awaiting its arrival😃
reecez124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:12 AM #12
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
I have both