PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-11-2013, 10:24 PM #22
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
$150? I'd love to argue the price of a new Stab but Palmer's isn't coming up for me right now.
yep, they're right at $100, plus a few extra for adding in an anti-siphon and you could have well just bought an hpa tank and not have a reg that has hoses and guages sticking out the side.

no one is saying co2 cant be well regulated to achieve the same result...its just far easier to do it with hpa. only reason to go with a great co2 setup, imo, is if compressed air is just not available.
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2013, 11:52 PM #23
usedpaintballstuff

usedpaintballstuff plays in the PSP
usedpaintballstuff plays in the APPA D3 division
usedpaintballstuff has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
usedpaintballstuff has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
good read
2009 Regional 3-Man Champs
2008 World Cup Champs
usedpaintballstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:13 PM #24
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
I once had an old style matrix running on CO2. 16 oz. We were out of air that day so I rigged it to put less stress on the bulk tanks. Anti siphon, inline filter, couple small loops in the line and stock regulator. Worked pretty darn good actually. Of course it was a small speedball field so range wan't an issue. I was getting about 1200 shots with that 16oz tank.

It helps that the gun only needed about 150psi to work. Such a low pressure range helped prevent liquid CO2 from reforming in the system. Now would I shoot it like that every day? Nah.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals, spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:12 PM #25
Seth Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Yup.....even swat and special forces teams practise shooting on the fly without a lot of aiming time. They use guns that are far more accurate and still need to practice. So should anyone playing paintball.

Use good paint. You can rotate it before you use it for best results. Keep your gun clean!! Barrel, breech and hopper. Make sure everything is lubed up nice and then practice.

Running and shooting, run stop then shoot, shooting standing, shooting kneeling, shooting from your belly(all your levels). I suggest a lot of one ball snap shooting drills since they hone your innate accuracy better than shooting streams.
This x2. But remember even at warp speed or stuper close engagements you still aim. Practice is essential.
Seth Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:37 PM #26
MstrKey

aiming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Long View Post
This x2. But remember even at warp speed or stuper close engagements you still aim. Practice is essential.
What I mean is aiming without sighting in like you're hunting deer lol. Point and shoot. After a while you get really good at it even at pretty long range(for a paintball).

Anyone can snipe with decent results but how often do you really get the chance to just sight in on a stationary target. Even in a scenario game? Most of the time you have seconds to make the shot. The higher your success at making those shots quickly and in any situation, the more effective you will be.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:01 PM #27
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Size your paint right and that will go a long way.

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:13 AM #28
jazz1
Death by Snoo-Snoo

Annual Supporting Member
jazz1 is a Supporting Member
jazz1 is a founding member
jazz1 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
except a palmers stabilizer is almost the same price as an hpa tank.
lol, this.

if you're buying a palmer's stab, you should already know what you're getting into OR you have more dollars than sense.

Sadistik
jazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:21 PM #29
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
This thread encouraged me do some research and to write another.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3951696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
There are some misunderstandings about the differences between high and low end paint, I figured I would help clear some things up also explain what the differences are for those who don't know.

First, a video of how paintballs are made:

This is roughly what the insides of a high end and low end paintball looks like:

Low end paint is made in much larger quantities than high end, there is more of a demand. To pull statistics out of my ***, lets say for every 10 cases of low end paint sold, they may sell 1 case of high end. So, to keep up with demand, they have to churn out a lot of low end paint.

As you dry out the shell of a paintball, it becomes smaller and smaller. One of the properties of water(what most of the fill is made of) is it cannot be easily compressed. So, they often underfill the paintball as it comes out of the encapsulation machine, then they try and shrink it until there is no air bubbles.

However, sometimes, the paintballs don't get small enough to get all the air bubbles out. So, there is no internal pressure of the liquid pushing on the inside of the paintball and trying to escape(this is why low end paint is more prone to dimples). As the paintball is fired, the weight difference the bubble causes as the ball is tumbling out the end of the barrel destabilizes the paintball, causing slight irregularities in the flight path, so it is true: low end paint isn't as accurate as high end paint.

With high end paint they overshrink it, so there is no air bubbles and there is slight compression on the fluid inside the paintball. So, it is like a water balloon, as you know, the more you fill a water balloon, the easier it is to break, but even with a full water balloon, it will still deform slightly, only breaking when you drop it. With the slight compression, any shock to the outside of the ball causes the fluid to break the shell and the paintball explodes. This is in contrast with low end, where the paint is crushed with the force of the hit, high end explodes from inside. This is also why high end paint leaves not only a brighter mark(from the bright fill) but also a much larger hit.

So, with high end, you get a slightly more accurate shot with a ball ready to explode with the slightest nudge.

EDITS:

Note: To my knowledge everything in this thread is correct, however, I don't know everything, so if I am wrong about anything or left anything out, please tell me. I care more about accurate information than me personally being right. So, if you notice any inaccuracies, tell me where I'm wrong, why I'm wrong, and I will amend it.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:53 AM #30
zacgodwin
I like to tinker

zacgodwin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zacgodwin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
a lot of good info here but no one has mentioned that ideally you would have an even distribution of air pushing the ball out. One reason to upgrade a bolt...
zacgodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:27 AM #31
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacgodwin View Post
a lot of good info here but no one has mentioned that ideally you would have an even distribution of air pushing the ball out. One reason to upgrade a bolt...
Well, if you have a tight fitting barrel any spin on the ball will be halted almost immediately. Which is one of the flaws of overbore and P2B match.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 PM #32
MstrKey

A bolt upgrade is almost totally useless when it comes to accuracy. Air ALWAYS equalizes behind the ball. That's how gases behave. The only reason to ever upgrade a bolt is perhaps more efficiency or a smoother feel. It won't do squat for accuracy(assuming everything is in proper running order).

Paintballs always spin. No matter what. If you doubt me, buy two tone paint and see what happens.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:33 AM #33
ShepsTank

ShepsTank has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ShepsTank has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ShepsTank has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree with a few others here that paintball is more about consistency. If your marker is shooting consistently, you can learn to be more accurate. Even if one in every three balls goes flying off in a crazy direction, knowing that ahead of time will help you adjust your play.
ShepsTank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:56 AM #34
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends VII
trancer23 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
trancer23 is Legendary
pet peeve, but here goes. Your aim determines your accuracy. The quality of paint, paint to barrel match, consistency of air etc all determine your precision.

Of course you want both. But in the volume game, accuracy is more important. Basically practicing is more important that a fancy expensive do-dad.

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:44 PM #35
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
JC001 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer23 View Post
pet peeve, but here goes. Your aim determines your accuracy. The quality of paint, paint to barrel match, consistency of air etc all determine your precision.

Of course you want both. But in the volume game, accuracy is more important. Basically practicing is more important that a fancy expensive do-dad.

If you want good advise listen to this guy... and read my previous post... thanks.
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote