dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Empire Axe Pro Problem

Hey guys,

Just got a used axe pro from b/s/t with a boss bolt, and violent trigger. Anyways, it started blending paint. Without even realizing it, forgot the dwell setting for the boss bolt was 4.5, and the dwell was still set at the stock 8, so I cleaned it out, and lowered the dwell, and everything was fine until all of the sudden the axe stopped shooting. The trigger switch is not responding. You know when you just turn the gun on, and walk the trigger, you can hear the clicking noise? Yea that's not happening. I'm going to put a brand new battery in to see if it's that, but if not, any other suggestions?
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2013, 07:19 PM #2
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
Is the trigger contacting the trigger switch? Since it is an "Axe Pro" i imagine you have a Redline board. On the screen, right side, where the tourney lock logo is the trigger arrow should show up when the trigger switch is activated. If you aren't seeing that it's because the trigger is not touching the trigger switch. Check that your grip frame screws are tight and the are transfer plate screws are tight. Make sure you are using a fresh battery and that your fore grip is pushed all the way up into the sensor board.
-Jamie
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 PM #3
ThexAlchemist
US Army

ThexAlchemist supports Team VICIOUS
ThexAlchemist supports Team VICIOUS
ThexAlchemist plays in the APPA D5 division
I would check the set screws on the trigger, those have a tendency so loosen and move around.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:49 PM #4
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
If the screw is the problem I would put some blue Loctite on it before resetting it and giving it some time to dry. I haven't seen one Axe that didn't need Loctite on at least two of it's trigger screw from the factory so it's a good idea to do it even if the screw isn't the problem.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:02 PM #5
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdzell18 View Post
Is the trigger contacting the trigger switch? Since it is an "Axe Pro" i imagine you have a Redline board. On the screen, right side, where the tourney lock logo is the trigger arrow should show up when the trigger switch is activated. If you aren't seeing that it's because the trigger is not touching the trigger switch. Check that your grip frame screws are tight and the are transfer plate screws are tight. Make sure you are using a fresh battery and that your fore grip is pushed all the way up into the sensor board.
-Jamie
Yep, a down arrow still shows up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThexAlchemist View Post
I would check the set screws on the trigger, those have a tendency so loosen and move around.
Will do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
If the screw is the problem I would put some blue Loctite on it before resetting it and giving it some time to dry. I haven't seen one Axe that didn't need Loctite on at least two of it's trigger screw from the factory so it's a good idea to do it even if the screw isn't the problem.
Will do that too!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:31 AM #6
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Good news! Well the guy said he cleaned it for me, but I guess he just meant the breach, because there was paint globbed all inside the grips, solenoid, etc all the way through the manifold. I cleaned everything and put it all back together. I noticed that it looked like the check valve was missing, which I thought was weird. Also, the gun came with a cheapo battery installed, put one of my duracells in there. Anyways, when I put it all back together, the solenoid and clicking noise responded, no air leaks (didn't have any before, but just saying). Going to shoot it this weekend, and make sure it doesn't chop or anything like that. Will keep you guys updated.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:58 AM #7
minimag03

I wouldn't even attempt to use it if the check valve isn't in it. You'll get velocity that's like +/-30 fps all day.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:11 AM #8
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
I wouldn't even attempt to use it if the check valve isn't in it. You'll get velocity that's like +/-30 fps all day.
I'm just gonna shoot it to see how it will shoot lol but I do plan on getting a check valve. All I know is, I got a crappy axe, because this thing was beat to hell, not like in the pictures, and there was stuff in it he didn't tell me about haha
Old 03-15-2013, 09:13 AM #9
minimag03

You should have one in the spares that came with your gun. I would at least check to see if your local field has one before you play. These guns can act very wacky without a check valve.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:22 AM #10
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
You should have one in the spares that came with your gun. I would at least check to see if your local field has one before you play. These guns can act very wacky without a check valve.
Which would explain why it acted the way it did lol. And nah, I bought it used, and it didn't come with the parts kit, dow, etc.