Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-02-2013, 07:55 PM #1
flemingetq

E2 front solenoid question. Need direction

Am I wrong in thinking that the E2 front solenoid is not serviceable If it is I have a leak coming from some where and wondering if the gasket is gone but not sure as how to remove the solenoid from the surround housing.
I turned the LPR right down, so no air was getting to solenoid but once I started to turn it up ,the leak started and got worse as I turned the LPR UP.
So I'm wondering if its the gasket (if the E2's have one)

If you have any ideas that would be great or if you could point me in the direction of a thread that I'm looking for.

Thanks
flemingetq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2013, 08:26 PM #2
cycocivic

has been a member for 10 years
i would downloaded the e2 eblade manual online. it has detail instructions on how to disassemble/service your eblade setup. do a search for the pdf.
cycocivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:09 PM #3
tacxplosion

Let me make it easier for you:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/e2vol1
tacxplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:57 PM #4
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

the solenoids are the same for all wgp/eblade cockers and use the same gasket. theres 2 screws on the bottom that hold it to the manifold, pretty simple to get to it. unplug the cocking noid from the board so you have some slack in the wire to pull it out though.

try cleaning the gasket and putting it back in place with a little grease on it, lpr might have just been turned up too high and blew it out of place. if that doesnt work then you can get a new gasket at www.paintballgateway.com

its pretty hard to blow the solenoid at least, they're designed to vent before the pressure gets high enough.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:06 PM #5
flemingetq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
the solenoids are the same for all wgp/eblade cockers and use the same gasket. theres 2 screws on the bottom that hold it to the manifold, pretty simple to get to it. unplug the cocking noid from the board so you have some slack in the wire to pull it out though.

try cleaning the gasket and putting it back in place with a little grease on it, lpr might have just been turned up too high and blew it out of place. if that doesnt work then you can get a new gasket at www.paintballgateway.com

its pretty hard to blow the solenoid at least, they're designed to vent before the pressure gets high enough.
Thank you everybody
I have it removed from the marker. So do you pry the solenoid out of the housing to get at the screws, it seems to be sitting tight in the housing.
Thanks again
Old 03-04-2013, 05:18 PM #6
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

no no you dont pry anying. theres 2 screws on the bottom of the solenoid holding it to the housing.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:33 PM #7
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

edit:

ok, forgot were talking about an e2 noid...honestly im not sure how to take these apart. on the others the screws are exposed on the bottom...opened mine up and on these it looks like its put together with the manifold and slid down into the housing. i dont see anything holding it in place but mines in there pretty tight too. hopefully someone will confirm it just takes a little coaxing out...typically the words "pry" and "solenoid" should never be in the same sentence lol.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:36 PM #8
flemingetq

Lol. Yes I agree that's why I need to find out before I do anything. Lol
Old 03-05-2013, 07:05 AM #9
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

Annual Supporting Member
Rancid1845 is playing at Living Legends VI
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D5 division
Rancid1845 supports Empire
there should be 2 screws to remove the top cover on the e2 noid. Then the noid and the "plate" that the hoses attach to should slide out together. You may have to wiggle it a little but I wouldn't go as far as prying.

Take pictures when you take the noid apart. It's VERY easy to rebuild one with parts upside down and it's just a PITA to have to tare it down again. Also keep in mind that you should use very little lube inside the noid. I usually clean with q-tips and apply a little lurker lube. Do NOT use an oil based lube on a cocker with a noid.

Oh, also as far as checking the gasket......The E2 gasket is MUCH easier to set properly on the noid. Put a tiny dab of lube on the gasket and it should stick to the noid/hose housing fine. Remember to turn off the LPR and slowly turn it back on to test for leaks, you will have to sweet spot the lpr again.

T2 TOPGUN UNION
TOPGUN HOSTILE TAKEOVER
If it Shoots its "the ****"

Last edited by Rancid1845 : 03-05-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:59 PM #10
flemingetq

Ok sounds good Rancid. Thank you for the information. Just need to find time to do it. Like I had mentioned of another thread. Both the cocker and the E2 have never been used of gassed up. So I'm thinking a full tear down and tube is in order to get it up and running.
Thanks again.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:35 AM #11
IceMan56607

my gun is doin the same thing........the one in my sig and its blowing air out the noid like crazy from the top part i took it apart nothing blown relubed and still doin it..............idk wat to do

AIM = IceMan56607
E-Mail = isonj10@yahoo.com

Feedback!!
IceMan56607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:45 AM #12
hmcl281

a bad ram seal and to high of a lpr pressure will cause the noid to leak also
Old 03-12-2013, 05:15 PM #13
dbkid0486

Also, just be sure your noid is unplugged from your board and frame is atleast somewhat unscrewed from the marker to let the wire slide thru.

ClosedBoltBallers
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:26 PM #14
IceMan56607

it worked fine for yrs all of a sudden this

AIM = IceMan56607

Feedback!!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:04 AM #15
hmcl281

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan56607 View Post
it worked fine for yrs all of a sudden this
is your lpr a palmer
Old 03-14-2013, 09:07 PM #16
IceMan56607

ya y

AIM = IceMan56607

Feedback!!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 PM #17
IceMan56607

my boy was using it and got shot right in the noid and now its leaking

AIM = IceMan56607

Feedback!!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 PM #18
nutz4pb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid1845 View Post
there should be 2 screws to remove the top cover on the e2 noid. Then the noid and the "plate" that the hoses attach to should slide out together. You may have to wiggle it a little but I wouldn't go as far as prying.

Take pictures when you take the noid apart. It's VERY easy to rebuild one with parts upside down and it's just a PITA to have to tare it down again. Also keep in mind that you should use very little lube inside the noid. I usually clean with q-tips and apply a little lurker lube. Do NOT use an oil based lube on a cocker with a noid.

Oh, also as far as checking the gasket......The E2 gasket is MUCH easier to set properly on the noid. Put a tiny dab of lube on the gasket and it should stick to the noid/hose housing fine. Remember to turn off the LPR and slowly turn it back on to test for leaks, you will have to sweet spot the lpr again.
i got a gun off ebay and the noid leaked like a mo fo... i used a thin thin film of black silicone gasket sealer on the little gasket... yes it was messy, lol. but no leaks. caution.. when re assembling... back your lpr out before airing the marker up! and when you air the marker up, all you need is enough air to cock your marker
nutz4pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:57 PM #19
nutz4pb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
is your lpr a palmer
interesting.... why palmers?
nutz4pb is offline   Reply With Quote