Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 12:51 PM #1
dyepball1
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Players In WNY?

Hey folks,

A few buddies and I got out of the sport a long time ago for all the usual reasons: college, cars, money, time, access to play, etc.


Well now were all into our careers and thinking about picking it back up. The extent of competitiveness and means is still up for discussion, but the main idea I had was to facilitate ease of play by purchasing our own private sup airball field. Us being from Buffalo always had questionable to no convenient options of play a few years ago when we hung up the gats, but now with the cost of used fields and our access to income, it sems like it could be a viable option.


The big issue is could we get people to come? We went to NVP last weekend and it would appear the scene is still kicking over there but whats it like in Buffalo? I ask because we dont know a single person who still plays. I also know of that field in Batavia now but is that any good as well? Regardless itd be nice to have something close for some of us 716 people.

Again this would be a private thing, im not asking about opening a field. Wed maybe charge a few bucks to cover our cost of bunkers and air booster but nothing to really turn a profit.

So basically are any of you still playing in Buffalo and if so, would anything like this tickle your fancy and be reasonable?
dyepball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2013, 01:36 PM #2
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man
 
Team_ILLNatured's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Depew, NY(716)
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepball1 View Post
Hey folks,

A few buddies and I got out of the sport a long time ago for all the usual reasons: college, cars, money, time, access to play, etc.


Well now were all into our careers and thinking about picking it back up. The extent of competitiveness and means is still up for discussion, but the main idea I had was to facilitate ease of play by purchasing our own private sup airball field. Us being from Buffalo always had questionable to no convenient options of play a few years ago when we hung up the gats, but now with the cost of used fields and our access to income, it sems like it could be a viable option.


The big issue is could we get people to come? We went to NVP last weekend and it would appear the scene is still kicking over there but whats it like in Buffalo? I ask because we dont know a single person who still plays. I also know of that field in Batavia now but is that any good as well? Regardless itd be nice to have something close for some of us 716 people.

Again this would be a private thing, im not asking about opening a field. Wed maybe charge a few bucks to cover our cost of bunkers and air booster but nothing to really turn a profit.

So basically are any of you still playing in Buffalo and if so, would anything like this tickle your fancy and be reasonable?
There are not as many players in the area as there used to be for the exact reasons you have stated. there is no absolutely convienient place to play. however, there are alot more fields in the area than there were. there are actually 2 in batavia(Warriors, the one you can see from I-90, and Legacy Paintball, at the fairgrounds...which is a much nicer facility) GRC is still in Belfast/Angelica, Rickz gamez in...Irving?, Holland Speedway runs a woodsball area, Head Hunters in north lockport area...wrights corners maybe?, and im sure im forgetting some.

While it sounds like a good plan to go and buy a Airball field, there are some other things to concider:
What about a Compressor? People need to be able to fill up to play paintball
Where are you going to set it up? Is it LEGAL
Is your location going to require netting?(you should have it anyways, just for general safety, atleast on one side/end of the field

I'm more than interested in seeing a field in the greater Buffalo area, but i do not have the time or Capital to invest myself.
__________________
Opie
Depew Decepticonz/Lancaster ILLNatured - Coach
RIP USPA, AXBL, NYXL, NYPS
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:53 PM #3
dyepball1
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_ILLNatured View Post
There are not as many players in the area as there used to be for the exact reasons you have stated. there is no absolutely convienient place to play. however, there are alot more fields in the area than there were. there are actually 2 in batavia(Warriors, the one you can see from I-90, and Legacy Paintball, at the fairgrounds...which is a much nicer facility) GRC is still in Belfast/Angelica, Rickz gamez in...Irving?, Holland Speedway runs a woodsball area, Head Hunters in north lockport area...wrights corners maybe?, and im sure im forgetting some.

While it sounds like a good plan to go and buy a Airball field, there are some other things to concider:
What about a Compressor? People need to be able to fill up to play paintball
Where are you going to set it up? Is it LEGAL
Is your location going to require netting?(you should have it anyways, just for general safety, atleast on one side/end of the field

I'm more than interested in seeing a field i the greater Buffalo area, but i do not have the time or Capital to invest myself.

And don't get me wrong, we would absolutely play those spots from time to time but this is more so about playing when we want, where we want, and at our own cost.


GRC is great as is NVP and Warriors looks alright But that's a 45 minute drive minimum for us play coming from the Northtowns.

We have two spots with many acres already available for use so no needs for netting.The 4500 air booster would be a big cost but we've priced some used one's within our budget so we're even set there. Honestly our biggest concern is if we build it, will they come ...
dyepball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:02 PM #4
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man
 
Team_ILLNatured's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Depew, NY(716)
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepball1 View Post
And don't get me wrong, we would absolutely play those spots from time to time but this is more so about playing when we want, where we want, and at our own cost.


GRC is great as is NVP and Warriors looks alright But that's a 45 minute drive minimum for us play coming from the Northtowns.

We have two spots with many acres already available for use so no needs for netting.The 4500 air booster would be a big cost but we've priced some used one's within our budget so we're even set there. Honestly our biggest concern is if we build it, will they come ...
you have a field, and compressor, and is a shorter distance than batavia, and I can difinitively tell you, I will be there. lol
__________________
Opie
Depew Decepticonz/Lancaster ILLNatured - Coach
RIP USPA, AXBL, NYXL, NYPS
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:57 PM #5
rcpbhockeykid
 
 
rcpbhockeykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 716
rcpbhockeykid is playing at Living Legends V
rcpbhockeykid owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rcpbhockeykid owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
rcpbhockeykid supports Pev's Paintball
rcpbhockeykid has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
im the same and i know more people that live in the buffalo area that would play
__________________
WTB/WTTF airsoft guns & gear
rcpbhockeykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:08 PM #6
dyepball1
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Really love the enthusiasm. It's tough starting from scratch over here if we choose to do this but this could be a pretty valuable thing those in the 716. Might be able to bring some people back in too
dyepball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:22 PM #7
swanton23
ASCENSION
 
swanton23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ohio
swanton23 is BST Trusted
swanton23 plays in the PSP
swanton23 plays in the APPA D4 division
swanton23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If its closer than grc and will have uspa bunkers id be ib lol.
__________________
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY WWW.TRADEMYGUN.COM

ASCENSION
swanton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:30 AM #8
adrianbylewski
 
 
adrianbylewski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
adrianbylewski has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
adrianbylewski has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
adrianbylewski has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
airball field

hey whats up guys, also in buffalo, i have been talking to a guy in miami with a 5 man field that i can get for 500+ shipping, a sick deal but i dont have all the money together just yet. I also have a scuba tank lined up and a fill station. if anyone is interested in playing ill absolutely play with you guys and anyone else who wants to play in the area. PM me and we can exchange phone numbers or what not and get some games going locally.
adrianbylewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:14 AM #9
dyepball1
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
PMd sir
dyepball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:23 AM #10
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man
 
Team_ILLNatured's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Depew, NY(716)
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Legendary
Unfortunately, 1 scuba tank, or even a half dozen scuba tanks are not going to cut it. We were using that system 10 years ago, when i worked at "It's Paintball" before ramping, when 50% or more of recreational players coming to play were using mechanical markers running on CO2.

We were going to Dip n Dive daily to fill the scubas. Sometimes 2x a day.

With the use of ramping, if you walk on a field with 2500 psi in some of these guns, you might as well just bring 2 pods and a slingshot for when you run out of air.
__________________
Opie
Depew Decepticonz/Lancaster ILLNatured - Coach
RIP USPA, AXBL, NYXL, NYPS
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 AM #11
dyepball1
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_ILLNatured View Post
Unfortunately, 1 scuba tank, or even a half dozen scuba tanks are not going to cut it. We were using that system 10 years ago, when i worked at "It's Paintball" before ramping, when 50% or more of recreational players coming to play were using mechanical markers running on CO2.

We were going to Dip n Dive daily to fill the scubas. Sometimes 2x a day.

With the use of ramping, if you walk on a field with 2500 psi in some of these guns, you might as well just bring 2 pods and a slingshot for when you run out of air.
I agree. Again, thats why we would need, and are willing to buy an air booster that could fill us to 4500psi off of a 80psi source. I still need to do a little more research on the whole thing but if we could get a few large tanks it wouldnt be an issue. Worst case scenario: everyone would have to bring their own large scooba I guess.
dyepball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:00 AM #12
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man
 
Team_ILLNatured's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Depew, NY(716)
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepball1 View Post

I agree. Again, thats why we would need, and are willing to buy an air booster that could fill us to 4500psi off of a 80psi source. I still need to do a little more research on the whole thing but if we could get a few large tanks it wouldnt be an issue. Worst case scenario: everyone would have to bring their own large scooba I guess.
Rule of thumb: the more bulk tanks, the more consistant the fill pressure. what general area are you guys concidering??
__________________
Opie
Depew Decepticonz/Lancaster ILLNatured - Coach
RIP USPA, AXBL, NYXL, NYPS
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:14 AM #13
dyepball1
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
We're all from Amherst but the field would either be in Akron or Sanborn. A little ways from you it would appear. It's the only options we have for the necessary land
dyepball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:36 AM #14
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man
 
Team_ILLNatured's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Depew, NY(716)
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepball1 View Post
We're all from Amherst but the field would either be in Akron or Sanborn. A little ways from you it would appear. It's the only options we have for the necessary land
Still closer than batavia
__________________
Opie
Depew Decepticonz/Lancaster ILLNatured - Coach
RIP USPA, AXBL, NYXL, NYPS
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:31 AM #15
dr. j. h. gerbert
Mob Paintball
 
dr. j. h. gerbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
hey, just figured i'd chime in there - lightning force is one of the country's oldest teams (25+ years) and we're based right here in WNY!!!

We play at GRC a lot but we also play at Tater's in south wales - taterswildernesspaintball.com would be a great place for info about that.

I would agree though, it sucks that we have to drive 3-5 hours for almost every game we go to.
__________________
N I C E Cyborg RX F/S
dr. j. h. gerbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 AM #16
jim1234664
UN-Official Matrix Tech
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: buff, ny
 has been a member for 10 years
Does taters have airball?
__________________
ACEd Tadao matrix sn-1079 Sold :(
ACEd Trauma FreeFlow Matrix

FeedBack:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=424224
jim1234664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:48 PM #17
dyepball1
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Bump this up once in hope of finding a few more guys who may be interested in playing in the 716.

Weve found a few fields we like but need a little more feedback before we commit to the investment.
dyepball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:09 PM #18
Gonzaga #35
 
 
Gonzaga #35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: KNRW YEO
Lets do it!!!
Gonzaga #35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:25 AM #19
snicklfritz
 
 
snicklfritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Buffalo
snicklfritz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
snicklfritz has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
A friend of mine and I did this exact thing last summer. We got together and bought a field to play on my family's property in Clarence(the northern farm land not the over populated neighborhoods). We have a 5000psi compressor with small fill stations at the moment and are looking to expand. We have a business plan and LLC together and are looking at property for opening our facility. So untill all the paperwork and such is done we have room for guys to join, we play every sunday weather permitting. message me if interested
snicklfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:32 PM #20
cyclic*sb
 
 
cyclic*sb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Buffalo,N.Y
cyclic*sb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cyclic*sb supports Team VICIOUS
I live in south buffalo and I can tell you that there are quite a few that live in buffalo and the suburbs that would play. I think the biggest thing your going to run into is competition. While everyone hates the hour long drive to get anywhere to practice, people also do it mainly for the legitimacy of the facility. If you and your buddies opened a legitimate field at the prices your reffering too I think you would do quite well and might even bring people in from other areas.
__________________
Wellsville Express FSU Crew #36
cyclic*sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:36 PM #21
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man
 
Team_ILLNatured's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Depew, NY(716)
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclic*sb View Post
I live in south buffalo and I can tell you that there are quite a few that live in buffalo and the suburbs that would play. I think the biggest thing your going to run into is competition. While everyone hates the hour long drive to get anywhere to practice, people also do it mainly for the legitimacy of the facility. If you and your buddies opened a legitimate field at the prices your reffering too I think you would do quite well and might even bring people in from other areas.
Might even be able to rein in some of the hardcore renegade ballers if u r offering good prices and convienience
__________________
Opie
Depew Decepticonz/Lancaster ILLNatured - Coach
RIP USPA, AXBL, NYXL, NYPS
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump