PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-10-2013, 03:12 AM #1
cswanson
Canaris

Anyone up for a outlaw league in Kansas?

I'm disappointed in the availability of Milsim/woodsball games in this state. I have started a "club" of sorts to play paintball once a month. Currently there are two groups in this "club". The main group has around 30-50 people who attend regularly and play at various privately owned properties around Arkansas City, KS. The second group has around 10-20 regular attendee's and plays at privately owned properties around Manhattan, KS. Our goal is to promote milsim/woodsball play in Kansas. We are not a "serious" group and we do not aspire to be anything other than a low key, cheap, fun, and safe. We are not interested in playing speedball. We are not interested in paying field fee's. Just looking to foster a fun, tight knit community of paintballers in Kansas.

If you would like to check out our facebook pages I will post the links at the bottom. If you would like to join us in our endeavor please feel free to email or facebook me.

-Chris-

Manhattan group:http://www.facebook.com/groups/339030816189944/
Ark City Group:http://www.facebook.com/groups/292731114072549/
cswanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2013, 10:15 PM #2
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I think the SKO guys might be interested in this. I'm not sure what their user names are.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:37 PM #3
pynis
Reagan owns my soul

pynis plays in the APPA D5 division
pynis is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
pynis is Boss
how do you guys chronograph?
do you have a referee to ensure safe and fair play?

"Originally posted by a_nxiety: screw ego's, everyone in the world shoots one. might as well sell them at hollister next to the pre-stained white hoodies and the jeans where knee's cost extra."
pynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:01 PM #4
Matte

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Sounds like a great idea Chris...This is actually how I got started many years ago. However after looking at some of the pictures on facebook and lack of safety when it comes to barrel plugs and goggles is scary. I have known 4 people in my life that lost eyes to paintball and they have nevr been themselves since the accidents. I understand not wanting to pay field fees or have field rules to follow but please tell your players to use plugs when goggles are off. Heck I will donate a bunch to your group if need be.

Matte
Matte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:27 PM #5
cswanson
Canaris

Thanks Matte. I currently have around 15 guns that I loan out when we play. I chrono them and sleeve them myself before handing them out. I have seen some bad paintball accidents as well. I appreciate the donation offer, but what would really help is just a simple word passed forward.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:30 PM #6
cswanson
Canaris

I will be taking a few of my regular players with me next weekend to "Road to Stalingrad" in Guthrey if anyone would like to meet up.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:23 PM #7
Card09

So how to do you chronograph? That seems like the biggest safety issue if you do actually use barrel plugs.

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter. @KansasBallers
Card09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 PM #8
cswanson
Canaris

Not sure what your asking. I use barrel sleeves. And why is this turning into a safety thread?
Old 03-11-2013, 09:17 PM #9
pynis
Reagan owns my soul

pynis is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by cswanson View Post
Not sure what your asking. I use barrel sleeves. And why is this turning into a safety thread?
Because the biggest turn off for parents about paintball is safety. Running around in the woods without barrel sleeves and gogs off is about the worst thing safety wise. Also shooting faster than 300fps is pretty unsafe as well. Why should I risk losing my eyes because its cheaper? Show us that you can safely bring groups of people paintball and you'll get more people behind you.

Not trying to knock you or say this is a bad idea. Just get it safer. Gogs on. Barrel sleeves on. Chronos at the feild. Get these going and you'll have more people behind you saying this is a good idea

"Originally posted by a_nxiety: screw ego's, everyone in the world shoots one. might as well sell them at hollister next to the pre-stained white hoodies and the jeans where knee's cost extra."
Old 03-11-2013, 10:30 PM #10
cswanson
Canaris

I've only ever played at a field once. And I didn't feel any safer there than the hundreds of times I've played outlaw. I'm not looking to get people hurt. I guess I don't understand why this is such an issue. Are fields safety certified? Or do paintball "refs" have any type of safety training? Or are they just a bunch of guys with some rentals and some land that want to make some money?
Old 03-11-2013, 10:39 PM #11
cswanson
Canaris

Also, not sure if you saw my post above. I chrono all the guns and people who play with me use barrel sleeves. I explain the safety rules to new players. And of course we use masks. Not sure how to make it safer.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:05 PM #12
pynis
Reagan owns my soul

pynis is Boss
Quote:
I've only ever played at a field once. And I didn't feel any safer there than the hundreds of times I've played outlaw. I'm not looking to get people hurt. I guess I don't understand why this is such an issue. Are fields safety certified? Or do paintball "refs" have any type of safety training? Or are they just a bunch of guys with some rentals and some land that want to make some money?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matte View Post
Sounds like a great idea Chris...This is actually how I got started many years ago. However after looking at some of the pictures on facebook and lack of safety when it comes to barrel plugs and goggles is scary. I have known 4 people in my life that lost eyes to paintball and they have nevr been themselves since the accidents. I understand not wanting to pay field fees or have field rules to follow but please tell your players to use plugs when goggles are off. Heck I will donate a bunch to your group if need be.

Matte
This pretty much sums it up. Just saying it once doesn't completely stop it. I have never played at a field that seemed like a bunch of guys with land and rentals wanting money. They have a growing business with an expanding customer base. Why do they keep coming back? Because the parents see how safe it is. Netted areas with refs keeping control of the biggest safety precautions. Speed limits on the paint that are enforced

If you chrono in the morning with co2, those speeds are going to jump up as the temperature goes up, so a one time chrono at 280-290 could easily be 300-310 or more by noon. Its good to have a chrono out there to make sure that when the temperature creeps your fps doesn't.

Outlaw ball is a great way to start paintball. Its how I started, but my gogs only came off when everyone had a sock on their barrel and the gun was on the ground.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 PM #13
cswanson
Canaris

Ok. Looked at the pics. I see now what all the fuss is about. I will be the first to admit that we need to button up the sleeve/goggle policy. No questions asked.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:45 AM #14
njk

I'd be interested as long as yall got a chrono. And how do you ref? When I started out in 96' we played on private fields and the older guy would take turns throughout the day reffin. We also had a chrono station set up.

I only ask cus I don't want to see anyone get hurt let alone be the one to hurt someone cus I'm shooting little hot.

but yes I would be interrested in play with you guys ley me know when u play next
njk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:43 PM #15
pynis
Reagan owns my soul

pynis is Boss
Quote:
Ok. Looked at the pics. I see now what all the fuss is about. I will be the first to admit that we need to button up the sleeve/goggle policy. No questions asked.

good stuff.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:57 PM #16
cswanson
Canaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by njk View Post
I'd be interested as long as yall got a chrono. And how do you ref? When I started out in 96' we played on private fields and the older guy would take turns throughout the day reffin. We also had a chrono station set up.

I only ask cus I don't want to see anyone get hurt let alone be the one to hurt someone cus I'm shooting little hot.

but yes I would be interrested in play with you guys ley me know when u play next

We usually have a ref. But it depends on how many are out playing. No one that we play with is so competitive that we have disputes. If we have 50, then yes we have a ref. If we have 8, usually not. And yes I have a chrono.

If you would like to be updated on our event schedule you should join one of our facebook pages depending on your location.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:24 PM #17
njk

Cool beans, But I don't do facebook. Sorry.

As for the ref its always a good idea to have atleast one;
1. incase a player needs to paintcheck himself.
2. To enforce mask and barrel plug rules.
3. To stop the game if someone were to get hurt, face mask fall down/off, and to call the game.
4. To help pull players who are "dead" when the enemy does not hear the I'm hit/Dead Man/Out being called. No one likes being bonus balled on purpose or by accident. (I am guilty of this from time to time when the adrenalin is flowing.)

But your house your rules.

BTW I'm in Wichita and would want to play with your Ark city group. And I play mostly pump if that matters any.

Nate.
njk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:53 AM #18
cswanson
Canaris

I put you on my buddy list. I will shoot you a pm next time we have an event.