Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-04-2010, 12:53 AM #1
Doc Hollywood

Would a cp regulator fit a spyder sonix?

Just wondering if I'd be able to install a cp regulator into my spyder sonix. . I have the 2009 one by the way. Heres the one im looking at.
http://www.actionvillage.com/031-138-0008

If not can you tell me a good regulator that I could install into it?

Last edited by Doc Hollywood : 05-04-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Doc Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2010, 01:10 AM #2
Dawn_of_Man (Banned)

Yes, but it's going to end up costing you more than the gun to put it on and you won't see any difference in how it shoots.
If you do see a noticeable difference, its wishful thinking and your imagination.

Oh, and you can't run CO2 into a CP reg.
Dawn_of_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:16 AM #3
Doc Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn_of_Man View Post
Yes, but it's going to end up costing you more than the gun to put it on and you won't see any difference in how it shoots.
If you do see a noticeable difference, its wishful thinking and your imagination.

Oh, and you can't run CO2 into a CP reg.
I know, I have a guerilla air tank. Dont assume just because I have a spyder I have a CO2 tank. People at my school always assume that since you have a spyder you really suck. Gets me really pissed.
Doc Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:31 AM #4
Dawn_of_Man (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hollywood View Post
I know, I have a guerilla air tank. Dont assume just because I have a spyder I have a CO2 tank. People at my school always assume that since you have a spyder you really suck. Gets me really pissed.
No, since you have a spyder and think that buying a ****-ton of upgrades is going to make you a better player is what I have a problem with.
A CP reg is $60
You can get into the field and buy a case of paint for the day.

Will buying the CP reg make you any better? no
will going out and playing make you any better? yes

No amount of upgrades is going to make a spyder not a spyder. However, no matter what equipment you have, you can overcome it.
Don't believe me? Watch 4 pump players beat 5 semi players in a speedball game.

If you are up against an ego 10 and can't tag him out, it is because he is a better player than you. No matter how much money you throw at that spyder, it's not going to make you a better player. Trust me, I've had every type of paintball gun under the sun(including all manner of pumps) and I am currently using a custom AMG because I think it looks cool. Which is really the only difference between paintball guns. How they look.
Dawn_of_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:23 PM #5
sparky81
Merc

sparky81 helped look for balloons
sparky81 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sparky81 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hollywood View Post
Just wondering if I'd be able to install a cp regulator into my spyder sonix. . I have the 2009 one by the way. Heres the one im looking at.
http://www.actionvillage.com/031-138-0008

If not can you tell me a good regulator that I could install into it?
Yes you will be able to use that with your Sonix, the bad side is your gonna need to do some low pressure modifications so the marker doesn't starve for air.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:12 PM #6
98wag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky81 View Post
Yes you will be able to use that with your Sonix, the bad side is your gonna need to do some low pressure modifications so the marker doesn't starve for air.
what sparky said, you are going to spend more money on upgrades or doing some heavy mods to get the pressure under 500psi, your marker will not work unless you have more air flow. some regulators do go over 500psi, Palmer staballizer and a few others

Last edited by 98wag : 05-05-2010 at 03:33 PM.
98wag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:56 PM #7
JlNXX
Last Boy Scouts

Lightbulb you can but it's not worth it

I did the exact mod you are asking about (spider sonix vs CP reg) and it was nothing but trouble. The CP regs output wasn't enough to operate on. I tried numerous spring kits, with no luck. I wanted a bit more chrono consistency which is why I figured a reg would help. In the end even though I run air, an expansion chamber and a better bolt with O-rings on it leveled it right out, and cost allot less. hope that helps.
JlNXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:10 PM #8
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
please don't necro a thread just to up your post count.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote