Community Focus

Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 PM #22
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

aaaa1236 helped look for balloons
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends III
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends V
aaaa1236 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Report anyone who leaves you feedback on a canceled deal... Thats against pbn rules and had always been enforced as far as i can tell.
aaaa1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:46 PM #23
HiMom
BennyBoom

Annual Supporting Member
HiMom is BST Legit
HiMom works for a Paintball manufacturer
HiMom plays in the PSP
HiMom plays in the APPA D2 division
HiMom has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
HiMom is Legendary
HiMom is All In
Its easy Gift the money or add the fees. The Additional fee benefits the buyer but the Seller has to pay for it? How does that make any sense. Its more or less insurance for the buyer.

-Benny
HiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 PM #24
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

aaaa1236 helped look for balloons
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends III
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends V
aaaa1236 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
^truth bombs my friend, truth bombs
aaaa1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:20 PM #25
liquidfiretibby

Annual Supporting Member
liquidfiretibby is BST Legit
liquidfiretibby plays in the PSP
liquidfiretibby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
liquidfiretibby posts videos on PbNation
liquidfiretibby plays in the APPA D4 division
liquidfiretibby has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiMom View Post
Its easy Gift the money or add the fees. The Additional fee benefits the buyer but the Seller has to pay for it? How does that make any sense. Its more or less insurance for the buyer.

-Benny
the fee is actually a processing fee from paypal for allowing you to electronically receive money. just like businesses pay a fee to visa, mc, discover, etc for all credit card transactions. they do not tell customers hey this item is $xx.xx PLUS our credit card fee.....just sayin

United
liquidfiretibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:22 AM #26
Sirriko
WAKA WAKA

Annual Supporting Member
Sirriko is playing at Living Legends VI
Sirriko owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sirriko supports Team VICIOUS
Sirriko posts videos on PbNation
Sirriko has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
People are just cheap and want as much money as they can get, as fast as they get. The thing is, saying it "has" to be gifted is a huge thing that pisses me off. No one in their right mind should gift money on huge purchases as you said it voids your protection, and yatta yatta yatta. Main point, why cant some sellers just let buyers pay the pay pal fee's and still get their full price? Are they just trying to ensure the fact that if their product isnt described "as is" or is faulty they dont want to be responsible for it? Just set's me off...........

Canadian eh? Would you like a donut?
Sirriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 AM #27
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirriko View Post
People are just cheap and want as much money as they can get, as fast as they get. The thing is, saying it "has" to be gifted is a huge thing that pisses me off. No one in their right mind should gift money on huge purchases as you said it voids your protection, and yatta yatta yatta. Main point, why cant some sellers just let buyers pay the pay pal fee's and still get their full price? Are they just trying to ensure the fact that if their product isnt described "as is" or is faulty they dont want to be responsible for it? Just set's me off...........
When I'm selling something, as long as it's not something real expensive like a gun, I will state in my description of what I'm selling that either it has to be paypal gifted, or buyer pays fees.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:37 AM #28
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiMom View Post

-Benny
I agree
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:37 PM #29
HolySokz

has been a member for 10 years
HolySokz is playing at Living Legends VI
HolySokz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HolySokz supports Empire
When you buy items form a web site like ansgear you can pay through paypal but do they ask you for fees? No, you just pay for the items and shipping. I mean it should work like the seller feeds fees and buyer pays shipping + item. I mean if you call keeping prices "low" then I'd like to see someone knock off 100-200 off a going price and get minimal profit but it won't happen.
HolySokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:32 PM #30
chikin.soup

chikin.soup plays in the PSP
chikin.soup owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
chikin.soup plays in the APPA D4 division
chikin.soup has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
the fee is actually a processing fee from paypal for allowing you to electronically receive money. just like businesses pay a fee to visa, mc, discover, etc for all credit card transactions. they do not tell customers hey this item is $xx.xx PLUS our credit card fee.....just sayin
^this

This is how PayPal still makes money on the transaction when not using another service like eBay. Sell something on eBay, you get hit with eBay seller fees as well as PayPal fees for accepting payments. I don't see people on eBay asking for the buyer to cover the fees and if they do - it goes against eBay's TOS.

Technically speaking it's not the buyer's responsibility to cover the seller's decision to use that service. If you have them pay the fees, factor your prices to cover them. You can have them pay the fees when it's factored into the price. But if you openly ask or require them to pay the fees, then you go against the TOS. Either way the buyer is paying the same price no matter which way you break it down, it's just the way you present it.

Gifting is risky as you the seller get no protection from PayPal in the event of a scam. You can get hit with chargebacks or claims from the buyer's credit card company or bank account that a stop payment was filed. And you are screwed because PayPal will lock your account until that amount is paid back. Regardless if you did everything else right, you now have to do the leg work which could take days or weeks to clear up. IMO, that's like representing yourself in court with no legal backround. If you had the fees paid and everything else is performed following the corect TOS, then PayPal will help protect you against payment fraud.

Straight from PayPal TOS,

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full#4. Receiving Money.
4.1 Receiving Personal Payments. If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments.
Joliet Syndicate #14
chikin.soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:37 PM #31
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
The simple fact of the matter is.............you're bargaining. It DOES cost the seller money when you do a paypal transaction. So in effect they are losing money on their asking price if you use paypal. On the other hand if they demand payment this way, they should take the hit.

Personally I don't care what a buyer or seller wants. It all comes down to finding an agreeable situation between both of you. If you don't agree.......simply don't buy. If you do, then go ahead. There is no book of law when it comes to haggling.

I'd never use the gift option ever.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:36 PM #32
Sirriko
WAKA WAKA

Annual Supporting Member
Sirriko is playing at Living Legends VI
Sirriko owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sirriko posts videos on PbNation
Sirriko has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
The simple fact of the matter is.............you're bargaining. It DOES cost the seller money when you do a paypal transaction. So in effect they are losing money on their asking price if you use paypal. On the other hand if they demand payment this way, they should take the hit.

Personally I don't care what a buyer or seller wants. It all comes down to finding an agreeable situation between both of you. If you don't agree.......simply don't buy. If you do, then go ahead. There is no book of law when it comes to haggling.

I'd never use the gift option ever.
YES

Canadian eh? Would you like a donut?
Sirriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:17 AM #33
HiMom
BennyBoom

Annual Supporting Member
HiMom is BST Legit
HiMom works for a Paintball manufacturer
HiMom plays in the PSP
HiMom plays in the APPA D2 division
HiMom has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
HiMom is Legendary
HiMom is All In
Of course it says that in ebays TOS..... Ebay Owns PAYPAL.....
HiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:42 PM #34
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Personally, even if the person doesn't ask, I'll pay the fees for MY piece of mind. As it really only benefits me. Fees and shipping are all part of the haggling game. My point of view is if you can't cover the $30 on a $1k purchase to cover your ***, maybe you shouldn't be spending the $1k and reevaluate your own situation in life. Meaning if $30 breaks you as a buyer you have no business buying a paintball marker that cost that much.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:56 PM #35
Daviroth

I'm new to PBN and didn't realize these things... Thank you for the information
Daviroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:30 AM #36
Dukemoney63
15 bucks, little man

Annual Supporting Member
Dukemoney63 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
been buying quite a bit of stuff in the bst's lately and it always goes like this...

"random paintball part - $20 shipped"

i'll pm them "i'll take that (random paintball part - $20 shipped) and add fees. what's your pp info?"

then post in their thread that i pm'd them.

it's worked great so far and anybody that HAS told me to gift hasn't said anything back when i insist on paying for buyer protection. people steal paintball gear out from under your nose at a field...what's to make you think they aren't capable of doing it online?

great info in this thread!