eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightShow View Post
Personally as a well seasoned player... I always say, buy your gear right the first time. If you really like playing, spend the extra cash up front on your better options. Personally I'd go with a Ninja Pro SLP tank with the rotating reg to put the fill nipple and gauge in a more comfortable location. Sure it'll cost upwards of 180.00, but after hours of playing and that nipple digging into your wrist, it becomes a well paid for convenience. Depending on how much you play, look to buy stuff that your more than likely not going to be upgrading right away in your near future. Do you have to buy a 1200.00 gun off the bat?Definitely not, there are plenty of options to go with in the midlevel market that perform just as well. I always say avoid the low end, since thats exactly what you get. Spend the extra cash upfront, to avoid spending a whole lot more shortly after. You'll thank yourself later. So will your bank account. Also on a side note... I always say invest in a GOOD pair of goggles before anything else if your first getting started. Crappy goggles can totally ruin your experience playing. No one wants a fogging mask that 1000 other people have worn before you. Just my 2cents...
In all my years playing, I have yet to find a tank/ASA combo that positions the fill nipple in such a bad spot that I'd pay $180 for a new tank that doesn't do it, or $40+ for a new reg. You can fix that problem with a 10 cent o-ring between your ASA and tank threads.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM #44
isaiahliepold

Basically the difference is the material. You are also operating on a different pressure ( 4500 psi or 3000 psi ). You can get better efficiency and have a reg you can change the output so you can sync your tank with your market.
isaiahliepold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:19 PM #45
Metal-Eclipse01

68 or 48 cubic in

I'm looking into getting a carbon fiber HPA tank but does it matter if its 68 or 45 cubic inch?

I shoot a Proto Reflex Rail if that matters
Metal-Eclipse01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:26 PM #46
iix FRITZ
Paintball is Stupid....

iix FRITZ is playing at Living Legends VI
iix FRITZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
iix FRITZ supports DLX Technology
Just to clear some things up...I OWN a 3000 psi carbon fiber tank...lol they aren't only steel tanks.

I'm a civilized redneck.

Homefield - Wiseguy Paintball

PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG IF YOU SUPPORT THE 2ND AMENDMENT.
iix FRITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:29 PM #47
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by iix FRITZ View Post
Just to clear some things up...I OWN a 3000 psi carbon fiber tank...lol they aren't only steel tanks.
That. My first HPA tank was a 68/3000 fiber wrapped. They are less common these days than they used to be but they do exist.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 PM #48
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal-Eclipse01 View Post
I'm looking into getting a carbon fiber HPA tank but does it matter if its 68 or 45 cubic inch?

the only difference between those is the size, which is totally personal preference. the 68 is a little bigger, and thus holds more air, but the 45 will be lighter. go to your field or shop and see if anyone has one you can look it.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:12 PM #49
FOOPAgfp
Team FOOPA on the loose

FOOPAgfp supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a dye dam View Post
Alright guys thanks for the help, that's enough
It's NEVER enough.
Halo b v35 w/rip drive
Freak kit, crossfire 70/45
'04 Pro stock, blue,14" j&j ceramic
Eggy2
FOOPAgfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:39 PM #50
FrostbitePaintball
Frostbitten Alliance

FrostbitePaintball is playing at Living Legends VI
FrostbitePaintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FrostbitePaintball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FrostbitePaintball has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal-Eclipse01 View Post

Also depends on your size, play style, and what type of play you prefer. if you're a bigger dude and can shoulder a bigger tank, go for it. Especially if you rip through paint and like to play more woodsball where you'll have less access to a fill station. On the reflex you're probably looking between 500-700 shots with a 45, and upwards of 900 shots with the 68. Food for thought.
FrostbitePaintball is offline   Reply With Quote