Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 10:26 PM #43
Horizon
 
 
Horizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
I don't agree with any of your statements about .50...Not just certain things. It has no place in the sport. That's my opinion based on experience and knowledge.
Hmmm. I also have played a long time and have owned a field for quite a while (12 years now). In doing research to see if 50 cal is a viable addition to what we already offer, I have spoken to a number of field owners who are currently offering 50 cal. I have yet to hear any of them have a bad opinion about it. All have said that it has increased attendance at their fields. So maybe in your opinion it doesn't have a place, but apparently other people who are actually using it feel differently. As someone who tries to support himself and needs/wants to have more people playing paintball, I'm not going to take the opinion of someone who obviously has very little practical experience with 50 caliber. I'll listen to the people that are using it and reaping the benefits.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2013, 11:01 PM #44
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
Occasionally I just like to do a random verbal ***** smack and *** Fiend just so happen to be the the ***** getting smacked. I'm glad you guys enjoy 50 cal paintball in Canadia...
Spewing **** and acting tough doesn't count as smacking... It's more like "LOOK AT ME! I DON'T AGREE WITH YOU! HEY! LOOK AT ME!".
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:28 PM #45
Horizon
 
 
Horizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
I'm glad you guys enjoy 50 cal paintball in Canadia...
Actually none of the field owners I have spoken to have been from Canada. They are all from the US.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
Horizon, if capatlizing on higher attendance and changing the game into a weak sauce watered down version is your agenda, then it makes perfect sense you would disagree with me.
I have no intention of changing the game. I will still be offering 68 cal games just like I always have. But yes, I will hopefully be capitalizing form higher attendance as other fields have. This way maybe we can keep our doors open so righteous, opinionated e-thugs can continue to have a place to play.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:32 PM #46
Horizon
 
 
Horizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Just about every sport known to man, especially those that have some physical discomfort associated with them, have a watered down version for younger and beginner players. Why it bothers some paintball players that paintball may also have something like that in place is beyond me. But there are probably rednecks in every sport.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:24 AM #47
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.
 
John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: STL
Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Cut out the name calling Wicky. We don't mind the difference of opinion but the name calling just weakens your own argument.
__________________
Your questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ. Ask a Mod.
We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 AM #48
poontocky
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
poontocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'd give it a try if i had money to upgrade my marker to shoot .50
poontocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 PM #49
Big.Bagnner (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Delifield, WI
The .50 cal markers don't put out as well and I think it's bassicly personal preference ,,
Big.Bagnner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:56 PM #50
Ryan miller03
 
 
Ryan miller03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: andersonville tn
Ryan miller03 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ryan miller03 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
I don't agree with any of your statements about .50...Not just certain things. It has no place in the sport. That's my opinion based on experience and knowledge. I see your join date was last year...I've been playing for 18 years now total...that's in my genes. So, to again repeat what I have been saying since rant one....The hate is from people who don't see your point because it's a stupid point. The fact you have to ask the question in itself proves your ignorance as to "why all the hate guys" cause your point is stupid. Because the idea of .50 cal is stupid. Because you sound like a beginner trying to make a **** in the floor with no idea of what you are even ****ting on. I would prefer not play with people like you, I wish your types would go play airsoft...that's why I keep also saying, go play airsoft. Maybe you can get the airsoft guys to let you use your paintball gun in an airsoft battle and ya'll can all be good friends.
Sooo... Does 50 cal belong in soccer or hockey??? Are his ideas "stupid stupid stupid" because he's doing something a little different or maybe a little better than you? Have you ever played with a 50 cal marker sir? I'm guessing you haven't. And no I'm not that kid that just wants to go shoot 10 pods and a hopper in a normal game of airball. I also play pump, I can play on the same field using my pump or my ego or my ego shooting 50. It's just another tool man calm down
__________________
Hey im lookin for a super awesome ion and was wondering if my stock 98 barrel would fit it.Cause we all know the stock 98 barrels are the best
____<""""`"""//""""XXXXXXX:::::::::::::::lOOOOOO 0000000000
'------####//---==>
, , , , ###'{\'`|''[]
, , , ,#//#"'''\,_/ []
, , , ##,#" . . . .[]
, , ,|iiiiiiI}-------[]
Ryan miller03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:08 PM #51
b15cu1t
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: wakefield,england
b15cu1t owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
right a guy that i have played many a game with and against used 50 cal in the uk for the new UWL there,and for the scenario scene and the UWL this seems to be the ideal product,as it keeps you in the game longer and you stay on the trigger longer.do i think this will take over no but in certain circumstances it gives you the edge
b15cu1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:54 PM #52
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by b15cu1t View Post
do i think this will take over no but in certain circumstances it gives you the edge
^^^ Ding ding ding!
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:14 AM #53
vsbmastermyles
 
 
vsbmastermyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: mount pleasant SC
vsbmastermyles is playing at Living Legends VII
vsbmastermyles owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
not at all my cup of tea
__________________
PAINT WARS!.
vsbmastermyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:44 AM #54
PaintballofOKC
 
 
PaintballofOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Oklahoma City
This is a 9 month old thread please read the rules on bringing back the dead
PaintballofOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:20 PM #55
Raven_Bear
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Nard, California
Raven_Bear supports Empire
I would play 50 cal if they somehow made a conversion for my autocockers. Hell id even go and get the spyders out there. The range doesnt matter to me because I shoot my markers at a low fps even though I dont have to. I shoot at 245-250 ev3n though my field is 285 max
__________________
Double Tap.
Raven_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:22 PM #56
hth_1
Another Canadian
 
hth_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alberta, Canada
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hth_1 posts videos on PbNation
hth_1 supports Empire
I can see 50 cal working for rentals, outlaw ball, and for ****s and giggles.

That's why I bought the z90 as a ****s and giggles mess with people marker
__________________
Owner of:
-Embers 2 Geo 3
-Black with Chrome axe
-Olive Hammer 7
-Green Eagle autococker
-Black eNMEy
*And where any marker can be gone at the right price ;) *
hth_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:42 PM #57
Raven_Bear
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Nard, California
Raven_Bear supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by hth_1 View Post
I can see 50 cal working for rentals, outlaw ball, and for ****s and giggles.

That's why I bought the z90 as a ****s and giggles mess with people marker
Thats why I want to buy the z200 when theres only rentals at my rec field I can just mess with them and handicap myself so they have an advantage
__________________
Double Tap.
Raven_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:54 AM #58
Rustler
 
 
Rustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portland, OR
Rustler has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Rustler has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Rustler has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
It's for kids fellas. It's a good way to get the next generation into the sport.
Rustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:58 AM #59
thenoob23
ADK
 
thenoob23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dayton,Ohio
thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
Pretty much the way I see it. ^
__________________
-Axe Men Users Club-
1/1 custom Tourquoise and Grey Axe Redline, Virtue Eyes, TechT Bolt And Spring kit.
Ninja Dura Blue V2 68/4500
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:27 PM #60
gapaintballer982
Future pro
 
gapaintballer982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta ga
gapaintballer982 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
gapaintballer982 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gapaintballer982 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I hate 50 cal because honestly I think it will cause the destruction of the earth by plague and flood like the good book says he who brings 50 cal into the paintball world will cause destruction of the earth
gapaintballer982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:57 PM #61
zing165
 
 
zing165's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madison WI
zing165 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
zing165 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapaintballer982 View Post
I hate 50 cal because honestly I think it will cause the destruction of the earth by plague and flood like the good book says he who brings 50 cal into the paintball world will cause destruction of the earth
Pretty much
zing165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:25 PM #62
doodlebugsportz
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Everett,WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapaintballer982 View Post
I hate 50 cal because honestly I think it will cause the destruction of the earth by plague and flood like the good book says he who brings 50 cal into the paintball world will cause destruction of the earth
I guess the paintball world is coming to an end as we know it... 50 cal is here to stay and growing every day... probably better buy a boat...
__________________
Make Your .68 Caliber a Multi caliber Marker-.50 caliber Conversion Kits for Tippmann & GOG
PaintballInnovations.com

Don-DoodleBug Sportz- NW Paintball At Its Best! www.doodlebugsportz.com
Paintball Innovations- 50 Caliber Solutions www.paintballinnovations.com
doodlebugsportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:52 PM #63
brent148
Damage Control
 
brent148's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Maryland
brent148 plays in the APPA beginner division
brent148 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
brent148 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
brent148 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapaintballer982 View Post
I hate 50 cal because honestly I think it will cause the destruction of the earth by plague and flood like the good book says he who brings 50 cal into the paintball world will cause destruction of the earth
Not true 50 cal is just a different size paintball and it can help ome players with how they play also.
__________________
Set up: Axe, Z2, Ninja 68/4500

PAP Rules!
brent148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump