Drool
Watermelondrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2013, 03:02 PM #128
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Summer wheels back on, now just waiting for the weather to break before going any lower. (my lights arent fogged, thats just frost all over my car)

Old 03-09-2013, 03:38 PM #129
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

I'll be putting my summer wheels on when I get back home in a couple weeks. The car sits in the garage while I'm at school, so it's no big deal.
I have to change my oil, and I hope to be putting coilovers on at that time as well. I also need new summer tires.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:57 PM #130
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelondrea View Post
I'll be putting my summer wheels on when I get back home in a couple weeks. The car sits in the garage while I'm at school, so it's no big deal.
I have to change my oil, and I hope to be putting coilovers on at that time as well. I also need new summer tires.
I just put some fresh Continental sport contact 3's on and so far so good. The ride is nice, and they do have great grip. That being said, i'm a little bias to Continental seeing as i also run their DWS.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:24 PM #131
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

I'm not as picky about how good tires perform as much as I am about how quiet they are. I have to bump my already blown out speakers to drown out the noise my bald Yokos make, lol
Old 03-10-2013, 03:03 PM #132
Carnage88

2003 jetta wont come out of park; changed break light switch, green version followed instructions to T, still wont budge. Help appreciated.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:36 PM #133
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

6MT swap.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM #134
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

Thoughts on ST coilovers with less than 15k on them for $500 shipped? I'm probably better off with new Racelands for $425 shipped at that point.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:49 PM #135
TheNforcer
RIP DIO 1942-2010

TheNforcer plays in the PSP
TheNforcer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TheNforcer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheNforcer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
$500 for 15k ST's is pretty steep. ST's are good, and even used will be better than Racelands, unless you get the Ultimo's I heard they are decent. But I'd talk them down quite a bit before I took that deal.
DMeyerspb #98
Planet Eclipse, Pittsburgh Paintball Sports Complex, DXS, FatBoy Pods, V-Force, Ninja Paintball, SkipsPics.net

XBL GT: TheEnforcer98
Drive German or Go Home, VAG Lover
TheNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:36 PM #136
DillonT
Do a wheelie!

DillonT is reppin' sidebar 4 life
DillonT has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DillonT has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DillonT has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
think once i finish my mustang, im gong to buy racelands for my a4...
DillonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:21 AM #137
CousinVin
PMP's FOR LIFE

Liking the look of mkV+ Golfs/gti's. Are VWs really that bad when it comes to labor for repairs? Every mechanic at the shop I'm at tells me they are.
CousinVin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:48 AM #138
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNforcer View Post
$500 for 15k ST's is pretty steep. ST's are good, and even used will be better than Racelands, unless you get the Ultimo's I heard they are decent. But I'd talk them down quite a bit before I took that deal.
That's what I said, but all I got from him was that he'll do $500, but I have to pay shipping/PP fees or come pick them up

Also, I'm hearing that STs are bouncy once you go "low enough." Racelands are made to go low and I heard their spring rates are actually very comfortable. Obviously I can't track them and have no intentions to, so I may just give up on my search, buy Racelands, and when they need to be replaced down the line I will upgrade to something more reliable/higher quality.

Last edited by Watermelondrea : 03-15-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:56 AM #139
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I wish Bilstein made PSS9s for my car. Instead I'm going to have to pay 2 freaking grand for PSS10s which are completely unnecessary for my needs. Or KWs but they are expensive too. $1700, $2100, $2400 for V1, V2 and V3. Lame.

Not sure which I want to go with. I think I can go lower with KW though not sure I will need it. Don't want any rubbing. I want basically the same stance as my M5, but slightly lower in the front, and maybe a few mm higher in the back as not to rub.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:56 AM #140
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

If I had my choice/decided to wait until I have enough money saved I would go with H&Rs. They're a $1,500 project for the street series, not sure if it's worth it. If you're going to pay the money for KW you're better off just getting Bilstein.

I'll probably just settle with the Racelands [for now] because as their later years haven't been great, they've improved and everyone that actually owns them say they're fine. I've heard their customer service is awesome, and within a few minutes they will have a new strut, or whatever broke, mailed to your door along with a return label for the broken part. For $425 shipped, if anything happens I will return my car to stock, replace the broken parts, flip 'em for some cash and buy something better.

I'm getting a good deal on installation, so why not?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:59 AM #141
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

I'm leaning towards Bilstein I think. Mainly because my friend's 996 has them and it rides beautifully. Just the right amount of stiffness. Perhaps this is illogical to compare two completely different cars, but I do it anyway.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 03-15-2013, 11:04 AM #142
Alan777
Tree Fitty

I'd like PSS9's, but I'll probably do Koni yellow's or PSS's down the road. The PSS9's are like $1900 which is a lot for my needs. happy with my Koni oranges for now.
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM #143
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

Yeah, I just can't justify spending over $1,000 on something that I'm not going to use 75% of its capabilities.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:44 AM #144
lowbudgethero
Boomer

most road cars don't need stiffer/lower springs, just better dampening so they don't bounce too much on uneven roads, I have Bilstein HDs on my saab and it soaks up everything just fine while driving hard.
lowbudgethero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:47 AM #145
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

? I want it to be lower (maybe an inch or so. Has way more fender gap stock than my M5) which is just mainly for looks, but also to stiffen it up and reduce body roll. It does bounce a bit stock. I am assuming with it lowered it will ride worse, as lowered cars almost always do, but hoping with a good set of coilovers it should ride better than springs and stock shocks.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 03-15-2013, 11:59 AM #146
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Of course, but what i was trying to say say shocks make the biggest difference in road handling than stiffer/lower springs. A car with good travel but stiff dampening is going to be more stable when going fast over mid corner bumps, correct me if I'm wrong.
lowbudgethero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 PM #147
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Not really sure, don't know enough about it. My understanding is the stiffness is determined by the spring rates and travel and the damping should be matched to those springs? Which is probably totally wrong. Overall I think on a very bumpy road, a stiffer car will be less stable. 430 Scud sure felt like every time it went over a bump it wanted to kick sideways a bit.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)