Community Focus

Old 03-05-2013, 08:38 PM #1
Me9aman

Me9aman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Me9aman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Me9aman has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Me9aman has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Need Help With Etek 2

Ive asked this in another forum but it hasnt worked, Im having trouble with my ETEk 2. Its has Low Velocity problems i dont know what it is. Im guessing its the regulator because it has given me trouble for quite some time. I dont know if i should waste 80 because i want to be sure it is the regulator. I want to know what the problem might be
Me9aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 PM #2
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me9aman View Post
Ive asked this in another forum but it hasnt worked, Im having trouble with my ETEk 2. Its has Low Velocity problems i dont know what it is. Im guessing its the regulator because it has given me trouble for quite some time. I dont know if i should waste 80 because i want to be sure it is the regulator. I want to know what the problem might be
There are many things that can cause low velocity problems. What have you checked? Have you looked at the rammer orings? You can check the piston oring to make sure it looks good and is lubed properly. Are you sure you're backing out your velocity screw to increase velocity properly? Are your board settings stock? Is your LPR setting flush with the cap? Did you install the bolt back properly with the inlet hole facing down?

ALL those things can cause low velocity problems.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:54 AM #3
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Go through this checklist first...then report back with your findings.

If the bolt has been disassembled recently, make sure that it has been put back together so that the pin is the right way around, so that the inlet is facing down. Unlikely though, as the velocity isn't particularly low.

Shooting very small paint through a large bore barrel will tend to reduce your velocity.

Check that the LPR is assembled correctly, with two springs, one either side of the piston.

Make sure that the spring cup inside the LPR is the right way around.

Set the LPR to the stock setting, with the tip of the adjustment screw level with the tip of the LPR cover.

Make sure that the LP hoses are unblocked and that none of the hose barbs are blocked or bent.

Replace the rammer o-rings.

Only ever oil the rammer o-rings, never grease them.

Replace the o-ring around the rammer cap.

If the marker has the Etek STAR frame, and the QEV is installed, check the QEV diaphragm is in one piece and that there aren't any excessive signs or wear, or any cuts, tears or holes.

Make sure that both banjo fittings are screwed down securely.

Replace the o-rings around the rammer housing.

Make sure that the solenoid has no signs of screw damage (beyond cosmetic scratches).

Make sure that the valve guide/rammer housing hasn't been installed upside down. Again, unlikely, as the velocity isn't that low.

Make sure that the seal on the tip of the HPR piston neck is there, and that it is clean and undamaged.

Make sure that the port on the end of the HPR adjuster screw is clean, and that it isn't scratched or dented.

Make sure that the HPR output pressure isn't set too high, as this can reduce velocity.

Set your dwell back to stock if it has been lowered.

Try a fresh quality battery.
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 2 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM #4
Me9aman

It is not the rammer and the settings arent messed up or anything. The regulator no matter how much i change the velocity it wont go above 180 fps. The rammer o-rings arent damaged or torn. the bolt has been taken out and lubed and it its not causing any change. The regulator is a cp Reg and it has no piston. I think it is the regulator because everyone at the field is telling me that.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:13 PM #5
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well then I would suggest finding someone on your local field with a good working Planet Eclipse regulator or equivalent and test it on your Etek to rule that out.
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 2 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:34 AM #6
Me9aman

i never thought of that but i will try that