PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-09-2013, 09:11 PM #1
annimossity

has been a member for 10 years
Been out of the game for years, need help deciding on a Marker

Hello,

Been playing for many years, I've owned the following markers.

2002 stock cocker, 68 automag, RT Automag, Angel LCD, Dark Angel, Dark Cocker, Angel Speed, 2003 Smart Parts Shocker (hands down my fav marker).

This was many years ago, I played on and off. I am a bit older now, financially comfortable and would like to get back in it along with a few friends. I have no problem buying used either. There are alot of new names/companies now. Can someone recommend some markers preferably makes/models to look up? I would imagine the tech has increased a bit since I last played. I'd prefer something similar to the 03 Shocker I had, that was hands down my favorite marker I've ever used. Right now the only markers I recognize are Dye's lineup. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Is there a big difference between todays lineup of markers and stuff in the early 2000's? I know Smart Parts went under from what I heard.

Honestly I have too many hobbys at the moment fueling my firearms obsession and modding my supra so I'd like to have something under the $300 range.

I apologize whomever's marker this is but this is pretty much the same setup I had with a dye peanut.

annimossity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2013, 09:17 PM #2
ibunkerupwnd
it was all for lolz

ibunkerupwnd supports Team VICIOUS
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I would say buy a used axe. They're good and simple
Old 03-09-2013, 09:17 PM #3
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Meh, not a huge difference. New guns are usually just lighter and more efficient, but they all hurl paint at 300fps.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:56 PM #4
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What did you like most about the Shocker?

I assume you know about picking masks and tanks. The Spire is the best loader out right now but a used Prophecy Z2 or Rotor are excellent. Really, all the high end loaders are so similar in performance to be indistinguishable.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:02 AM #5
annimossity

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningPlaydoh View Post
What did you like most about the Shocker?

I assume you know about picking masks and tanks. The Spire is the best loader out right now but a used Prophecy Z2 or Rotor are excellent. Really, all the high end loaders are so similar in performance to be indistinguishable.
I loved that it was very light and nimble. It was the best feeling marker I've used. It was easy to work on, reliable and functioned great. I never had an issue with it, plus they looked nice.

Yea ill check those loaders out none of those ring a bell.

Thanks,
annimossity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:38 PM #6
CaballoDiablo

CaballoDiablo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
For somebody getting into it i would look for a 2009 origional Geo+ or something along the lines of a dye NT10 seems to be the besy high end bang for the buck now a days. Otherwise a Axe is the way to roll as well
BOB LONG INSIGHT BCA #1/5
CaballoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote