Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-28-2013, 08:45 PM #1
Knifegun#Paintballer

PM7 leaking problem in trigger frame

I have a PM7 with a Dye UL body and UL board. My gun started to leak out of the reg but I fixed that(o-ring problem), but shortly after that it started leaking out of the top of the trigger frame. I have no idea what it would be because I don't know too much of the mechanics of the gun so if anyone has any ideas or knows exactly what's wrong with it, and how I can fix it, the help would be greatly appreciated because I can't play since my gun is broken. I'd like to try to fix it myself before I try to send it into Dye. So if anyone can help, please do.
Knifegun#Paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2013, 10:11 PM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Most likely the bolt sail oring. That's the most common problem. Air bypasses the bolt sail and leaks out the hole in the noid on the opposite side. Most people confuse this with a leaking noid but it's usually just that oring. You want your bolt sail oring to fit snug, but still move smooth.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:36 PM #3
Knifegun#Paintballer

Is that oring located in the back of the bolt? Still trying to learn about all the orings and all the technical parts of the gun.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:22 PM #4
MstrKey

No it's on the actual bolt on the front part, not the tail. There is a front bumper oring, a middle sail oring and a rear bumper oring. You want to change out the middle sail oring.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:32 PM #5
Knifegun#Paintballer

Okay. Thanks man, appreciate the help. Will certainly try this out
Old 03-09-2013, 07:49 PM #6
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes, make sure to change your bolt sail oring which is a 015. lube it and go from there make sure your HPR pressure isn't too high either check and clean regs as well

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:00 PM #7
Knifegun#Paintballer

Well it appears that the bolt inside my gun isn't the normal fuse bolt and I have no idea what it is..
Old 03-13-2013, 05:15 PM #8
Knifegun#Paintballer

It's a BWing bolt I think. Although the Orings on it aren't torn or anything and it is still leaking out of the top of the trigger frame right in front of the trigger on the top of the frame
Old 03-15-2013, 12:12 AM #9
MstrKey

Doesn't matter if it's a BW bolt or not. It has the same exact orings in the same places.

You can't see oring damage in most cases. It's too small for the eye to see. Just swap out the bolt sail oring with a new one. You may as well do the outer can orings as well to be safe.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:45 AM #10
Knifegun#Paintballer

I did fix replace it but it's still leaking
Old 03-15-2013, 01:40 PM #11
MstrKey

Does the sail oring fit loose? If so you used the wrong size.

Now the large outer can orings also hold air from the noid/dump chamber. There is a set of three of them together. If any of those leak you'll also get air coming out of the noid. Swap those out if you haven't.

If that doesn't help then I suspect your LPR may have a leak on one of the LPR body orings. You can swap some of those out too.

Your other possibility is to take the grip off......disconnect the wires first, then unscrew the grip frame from the body of the gun. Then air the gun up with the grip frame off and see if you can better locate the leak. Be careful not to rip any wires!

Old 03-15-2013, 01:50 PM #12
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Does the sail oring fit loose? If so you used the wrong size.

Now the large outer can orings also hold air from the noid/dump chamber. There is a set of three of them together. If any of those leak you'll also get air coming out of the noid. Swap those out if you haven't.

If that doesn't help then I suspect your LPR may have a leak on one of the LPR body orings. You can swap some of those out too.

Your other possibility is to take the grip off......disconnect the wires first, then unscrew the grip frame from the body of the gun. Then air the gun up with the grip frame off and see if you can better locate the leak. Be careful not to rip any wires!

as he said, its best to pull the grip frame apart and see exactly where it's leaking it could be the LPR or the noid area. If you dont want to deal with it look at my sig for a cheap service

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote