Community Focus

Old 03-08-2013, 11:26 PM #148
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

aaaa1236 helped look for balloons
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends III
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends V
aaaa1236 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Considering most daily drivers dont take their car to the track so It makes sense they would use proffessional numbers. Shoot, ive got 4.10s, offride h pipe, etc and havent taken it to the strip.
Anyway i was just mentioning how i liked the feel of my hurst when drock mentioned considering buying a new shifter. How do you like your s4? Theyre pretty slick.

Last edited by aaaa1236 : 03-08-2013 at 11:30 PM.
aaaa1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2013, 11:31 PM #149
eelz
Wales,UK

eelz posts videos on PbNation
This is very true.

To DRock, If you create a thread on PBnation or anywhere else for that matter, expect people to have an opinion (whether you agree to it or not), posting up that people are stupid just because you or others don't agree with your insight on a topic is plain childish.

Remember......., It's nice to be nice

Last edited by eelz : 03-08-2013 at 11:33 PM.
eelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:33 PM #150
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaa1236 View Post
Considering most daily drivers dont take their car to the track so It makes sense they would use proffessional numbers. Shoot, ive got 4.10s, offride h pipe, etc and havent taken it to the strip.
Anyway i was just mentioning how i liked the feel of my hurst when drock mentioned considering buying a new shifter. How do you like your s4? Theyre pretty slick.
It doesn't matter, is the whole point. If most owners never take their car to the track, why do they care what it runs at the track?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:34 PM #151
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

aaaa1236 helped look for balloons
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends III
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends V
aaaa1236 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Eelz speaks truth^^^
I dont think ive seen a car in this thread i wouldnt like to drive.

Feather:
Because like i said before, the majority of racing is done on the freeway or from a stoplight (right or wrong)... Would you rather base your purchase off complete guesses? I mean its just comparing facts

Last edited by aaaa1236 : 03-08-2013 at 11:36 PM.
aaaa1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:34 PM #152
eelz
Wales,UK

For bragging rights down the local bar
Old 03-09-2013, 08:32 AM #153
DRock
Resident Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelz View Post
This is very true.

To DRock, If you create a thread on PBnation or anywhere else for that matter, expect people to have an opinion (whether you agree to it or not), posting up that people are stupid just because you or others don't agree with your insight on a topic is plain childish.

Remember......., It's nice to be nice
It's called trolling.

If you create a thread on PBN or anywhere else expect to see some...so get used to it.

These forums are but a shadow of what they once were and the ability to troll your average ST:A member so easily is what keeps me coming back.

We all have our vices...

ST:Almost Serious
DRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:45 AM #154
eelz
Wales,UK

Oh aye, I see.

Troll.... A thick ignoramus with no intellect whatsoever.

LMAO... Bravo

You must be thicker than a whale omelette !
Old 03-09-2013, 10:54 AM #155
DRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelz View Post
Oh aye, I see.

Troll.... A thick ignoramus with no intellect whatsoever.

LMAO... Bravo

You must be thicker than a whale omelette !
There you go! Now you get it.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:11 AM #156
eelz
Wales,UK

Your mum would get it.....
Old 03-10-2013, 01:32 AM #157
nlux
:: nlux ///

Wow, really nice. Miring the black color choice..
nlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:28 AM #158
Lucidus
T-rex Rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom Mazzetti View Post
didnt the 5.0 beat the e92 m3 in every stat around laguna seca
I sure hope so, it's completely what the 5.0 was built to do.

Ford literally bought an M3 and dissected everything that makes it do what it does around Laguna and engineered and tuned the 5.0 mustang to compete. They were completely incapable of designing anything on par by themselves. It wasn't a secret either, from what we were told, BMW knew exactly what they were doing when they sold the car to them.

The two cars are obviously at a different price point, and I suppose Ford deserves some credit for building a car that could compete for much less money, but at the end of the day they weren't out there designing anything from the ground up.
Lucidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:32 PM #159
DRock

Care to state your sources for that?

Not saying you are a liar...just that I don't believe you.

If you can't find some then don't bother replying, I will take your silence as my answer.

Last edited by DRock : 03-11-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:33 PM #160
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

because it would be so shocking that a manufacturer bought another car to benchmark?

and btw lucidus has owned at least like 5 mustangs so he's not exactly a ford hater...

What he's getting at is just because lap times are the same, does not mean both cars are equal. That's what I'm trying to get at by asking people to actually drive the freaking things rather than look at a magazine article and bench race. I've not driven an M3 so I'm not going to pretend to know exactly what it's like because I read an article. Driving my M5 versus a 08 GT500 and a 12 Mustang GT the M5 is a million times nicer inside, feels way more stable at speed, and has better steering. The mustang has more torque down low. The GT500 is a monster in that regard, but the engine does not rev nearly as freely. The coyote motor is somewhere in between the two. These are differences among the cars that you will realize if you drive them instead of going hurr they both ran 2 minutes whatever around leguna seca therefore they are the same mustang is cheaper blah blah. They are completely different cars. Different people like different things. Good thing they make different cars. Trying to say that the mustang is the only car to buy for 40 grand because of some random track time is just plain ridiculous.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 03-11-2013, 01:35 PM #161
F1VENOM

I don't know why it'd be surprising. There are a few Chevy ads about how the magnetic suspension is normally found on Ferraris but it's also on Chevys.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:36 PM #162
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Therefore a chevy and a Ferrari are the same?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 03-11-2013, 01:37 PM #163
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
Therefore a chevy and a Ferrari are the same?
Up until you hit the LaFerrari.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 03-11-2013, 01:47 PM #164
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

or at least open the door?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 03-11-2013, 01:50 PM #165
F1VENOM

Quote:
or at least open the door?
That's not what the Chevy guy told me. Said they use the same mirror manufacturer for the side mirrors. Practically the same car.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:13 PM #166
DRock

Quote:
because it would be so shocking that a manufacturer bought another car to benchmark?

and btw lucidus has owned at least like 5 mustangs so he's not exactly a ford hater...
Oh I am sorry...I thought there was a difference between "benchmark" and "reverse engineer the car so that they may copy everything it does well and then attempt to improve upon it." My bad for not understanding the English language...

And yes I know who Lucidus is and his past history with two/four wheels.

As to your last paragraph...lets be real here no one buys an American car for the interior or nice "cushy" features that you will find in an Audi/BMW/Mercedes.

If you want the best performing car for $50k you get a Z06, GT500, Boss, ZL1, etc...

If you want the best CAR for $50k that opens up plenty of other options which include many imports such as Audi/BMW/Mercedes...etc...

If I were looking for a practical second car to DD for $50k it most certainly would not be a domestic.

I guess what it comes down to is an individuals limit for sacrificing comfort/features in the name of performance. For me...I will sacrifice everything but others might not be able to live without their fancy features. For me it is all about the ride and handling characteristics and overall experience...nothing comes close.

You would understand if you didn't drive such a "pedestrian" car in such a "pedestrian" color.

Disclaimer: I really didn't have to explain myself here because if you look back to my original post I said specifically, PERFORMANCE, but I am bored at work so I felt the need to clarify some things. We are essentially saying the same thing...just for some reason or another you must have jumped over that little "performance" tidbit in my post.

I agree with you 100%...performance and numbers aren't everything, at least for most people, and for $50k you could find a much nicer car to drive on a daily basis.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:17 PM #167
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRock View Post
I had $50k to get what ever car I wanted and I have absolutely no preference for any automaker. With that being said, no import car was even on my radar as far as performance goes other than an Exige S and that is a very very purpose-built car.

There is a reason I got the Boss 302...and not just because it spanks the M3 around a track...let alone an STI...
Doesn't jive with what you just said. Especially since if you're so hardcore performance over all you'd have bought a Z06.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 03-11-2013, 02:57 PM #168
DRock

Quote:
Doesn't jive with what you just said. Especially since if you're so hardcore performance over all you'd have bought a Z06.
I drove one extensively, friend's dad had one, and I just didn't feel "right" in that car...maybe in another 20 years I will give it a shot.

Also, it depends on who you talk to. I know a bunch of track guys who traded in their C6 Z06 for a Boss and they couldn't be happier about the switch.

There is being in the know...and then there is being IN the know.

Big difference.