Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-07-2013, 12:20 AM #1
fusedfish12

DM8 question

Alright I got a DM8 and first of all, it shoots great. However, I am just curious about something. I was resetting the gun to stock settings because I always do that when I get a new gun and when I turn the LPR out five complete turns like the manual says, it will leak from the solenoid. When I turn the LPR out three and a quarter turns (like most of you fine gentlemen suggest) it shoots great. Is it supposed to do that/did dye mess up their manual or do I have a hidden issue somewhere? Also, it is a little inconsistent (+/- 8) but it was supposedly just rebuilt and looks to be heavily lubed with sleek looking stuff. Just curious, I love it other than this thanks guys
fusedfish12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 AM #2
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
a few of the manuals did get the 3 turn/5 turn thing messed up. Off the top of my head I don't recall which ones though. the leak you hear is just the over pressurization of the solenoid.
What you're doing to set the LPR is fine. in fact most of us who use matrix no longer even count turns. we just turn out the LPR until its cycling appropriately and add 1/4.
+/-8 isnt too bad with low grade paint. thats 282 to 298. with top line paint and a consistent underbore or big over bore (which ever your preference) you could see that tighten some. probably in to the 5 range. Inconsistency is a function of the gun some, but even more so when the paint you are using doesn't seal or not seal in the barrel the same way every time.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 AM #3
fusedfish12

Alright awesome thanks for the info man, I figured nothing was wrong since it shoots so good. Also another question, what kind of dwell do most of you guys run? Im on 18 right now
fusedfish12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 AM #4
jojo750
shocktech DM5

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jojo750 donated to help Peyton Trent
jojo750 supports Team VICIOUS
i use a dwell of 20.
lpr for a dm8 is ~3 turns out.
i just leave me lpr at stock most of the time. never seem to have any issues.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:09 PM #5
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusedfish12 View Post
Alright I got a DM8 and first of all, it shoots great. However, I am just curious about something. I was resetting the gun to stock settings because I always do that when I get a new gun and when I turn the LPR out five complete turns like the manual says, it will leak from the solenoid. When I turn the LPR out three and a quarter turns (like most of you fine gentlemen suggest) it shoots great. Is it supposed to do that/did dye mess up their manual or do I have a hidden issue somewhere? Also, it is a little inconsistent (+/- 8) but it was supposedly just rebuilt and looks to be heavily lubed with sleek looking stuff. Just curious, I love it other than this thanks guys

The+/- 8 is going to be normal if you're using low grade paint, and isn't bore matched.. now if you matched the bore and got a higher grade/mid grade paint it will start to group differently like -/+ like 3-5 which is good.. if it's still inconsistent replace the two tail 011 should fix that up for you

as far as the LPR some guns will do that when it's putting to much pressure threw the noid

As stated above I recommend using setting as

21 dwell and 3.5ish turns on the LPR

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:48 PM #6
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
dwell 21. LPR as low as I can. 684 back. HPR to velocity.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote