Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-05-2013, 06:09 PM #1
shocker_chris13
el diablo

shocker_chris13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
what field to play at?

hey ive been workin in phoenix for about a month and looks like ima be here longer so im planning to have my gear shipped to me so i can play while im here...any suggestions on good fields to go to? i prefer to play airball. and maybe some price break downs?

Swamp Chickenz
B.C.I.T
shocker_chris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2013, 07:17 PM #2
pballa90
Cyrus

pballa90 plays in the PSP
pballa90 is playing at Living Legends III
pballa90 plays in the APPA D4 division
pballa90 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
check out pbaz.com to find out whose playing when. usually people go to cowtown or fort adobe for air ball.

Free Agent in San Antonio
pballa90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 PM #3
shocker_chris13
el diablo

how are the prices at those places? decent fields? good crowd?

i know how hard it can be in texas to get in some games on airball if you not with a team and clearly idk anyone in AZ

Swamp Chickenz
B.C.I.T
Old 03-06-2013, 01:13 PM #4
Empire-Axe

I play at westworld right in central phoenix. It isn't a great course honestly and sometimes is really crowded with newbie's, but the community is GREAT! I just moved out here and am trying to meet new people and its working well. They have pick up tournaments every sat and sun from like 4-6 which is also great fun. If you want to meet up at a new field some day we should, im also trying to find new places. From what I understand cowtown is one of the better places to play out here though.
Empire-Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:32 PM #5
Yoro Saru

it also depends on where you are at.

the east valley has Wild West paintball the have a decent airball field.(http://wildwestpaintball.com/prices.html)
the north you have two options for airball that is Fort Adobe(http://www.fortadobepaintball.com) and Cowtown(http://www.cowtownpaintball.com/pricing).

then if you down to Tucson you have disruptive

they all have pros and cons all of the fields listed are BYOP and the entry fee is reasonable i believe Fort adobe is $25 all day with air fills.
Cowtown is $25 for rec ball and $15.00 for speed ball
Wild West is $30 for all day play but i believe on sundays it is $15 for speedball only from 9-1

hope this helps

Last edited by Yoro Saru : 03-06-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Yoro Saru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:55 PM #6
shocker_chris13
el diablo

im close to chandler

Swamp Chickenz
B.C.I.T
Old 03-07-2013, 12:52 AM #7
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
If you'll be around Chandler then, honestly, you can hit up just about anywhere as you'll have freeway access nearby, and AZ Freeways are actually extremely easy to navigate to just about anywhere. As opposed to San Diego freeways which get me lost even with GPS everytime I drive there.

Anyhow... as Yoro mentioned above you're closest to the East Valley. So in terms of "nearby" the two fields to check out are:

1) Wild West Paintball:
-- www.wildwestpaintball.com
--- They have an airball field they tend to put up on the weekends, and a recball field. Reasonable pricing. Decent amount of recball players come out.

2) Tempe Paintball
-- www.tempepaintball.com
--- They're recball only, and FPO, but the perk is... they're indoors. So it's a nice place if you want to just go out and play where you can play all day without having to deal with heat, etc. I have spent quite a bit of time there. They're ALWAYS busy on Saturday/Sunday (saturday all day, Sunday earlier) so if you're without gear for a bit until yours gets here then you may want to just hit up Tempe for a time or two until it gets here so you can just play and be nearby. Once it gets here I recommend just trying as many fields as you can.

If you want to get some more serious airball/5man going on I'd recommend going out to Fort Adobve Paintball as mentioned above. It's a drive... probably about 45mins to an hour from you (I'd say most likely an hour). The thing is, though, the SWPPL is coming up in 2 weeks. It's an Arizona started, but expanding, league. Due to this teams will be out there practicing as they're the next host, and if you do some mingling I don't think you'll have any issues jumping into random games on the field. After that there's another league called the ADPL based out of Cowtown Paintball which has them busy as well.

If you have any questions feel free.

D.
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups