PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-22-2013, 04:09 PM #1
paintballcrazy89
John R3d C0RN

Whats going on in and around central Texas

I'm just curious about what teams are around ATX and the surrounding cities. What are some of the best and funnest fields to go to? Any tournaments happening where I could just go to view from the sideline. What type of tournaments are popular in central texas?

Also I'm trying to figure out what the base price is when you just go to a field for a day of play? entry fee? all day air fee? paint and what brand of paint? speedball or just rec? byop or a fee for byop? how the refs are at the field you mentioned. If there is a pro shop at the field? also how are the gun techs at the field you mentioned?

I know it seems like im asking for alot but im just trying to figure out where the best places are to play at

Thanks for the help fellow Texans
Albanian Baller

Wise Words From [BeatD0wnCity] "John honestly does make people rage...I believe it now that i have experienced it..."
paintballcrazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2013, 05:18 PM #2
GBandy
RLD Innovations LLC

has been a member for 10 years
As far is IN Austin proper, there are a few fields, but all are more suited for the rec crowd and a bit on the pricier side. Google around and you'll find em (Outlaw, TXPB, Austin Paintball, etc).

The closest fields I would suggest and with the most tournament/speedball action with competition are...

XFactor Paintball (60 miles south in San Antonio) - http://www.xfactorpaintballpark.com

Comanche Badlanz (70 miles north in Killeen area) - http://www.comanchebadlanzpaintball.com/

Both of these places you are looking at about $50-65 for paint and field fees. Both fields are field paint only. They both have a proshop with a limited selection. Not sure if either have gun techs onsite.

As far as tournaments to go watch, there are a few regional series / leagues this year - AES Series, CTPL, and AXBL. Look them up on APPA (paintball-players.org) for the next date/location.

New Feedback | Old Feedback
GBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:18 PM #3
BackInMyDay

BackInMyDay owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I've only been playing around Austin for a couple months.

I played Texas Paintball once. Played big rec ball games the whole time. They have a nice airball field but I never got to play it. They have a pro shop and good techs. The refs wasted time chatting and playing grab *** when a couple of them got together. There were a lot of people playing out there. It seems like a good place if you just want to play rec ball. 10 fields or something... They have a 5-man beginner tourney coming up March 3rd. PM me if you are interested. Might be able to get you with a team.

Since then I've been playing Outlaw in Pflugerville. I like it because they have fewer fields. (which means I get to play more airball) There are a couple of teams that I know practice there. The refs are cool and willing to help but they are lazy. (What do you expect? I'm sure they get paid ****.) You sometimes have to be proactive if you want to get games going. It's not always a bad thing because it's your call who you play with, what field, and when. Within the next few months they will be laying down some turf.

Other fields are Petty Paintball, Austin Paintball, and Lost Paintball. I haven't played any of them so I can't say anything about them. I plan on playing a 3 man tourney at Lost March 23rd. Again, pm me if you are interested.

Other tournaments - A lot of people are talking about the CTPL series. I plan on playing the 3 man in May. (at Petty) and I'm playing a scenario game at Petty Feb 9th.

Pricing and such you should be able to find on their websites.
BackInMyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:25 PM #4
im bad at pbx
Can't we All be friends?

im bad at pbx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im bad at pbx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im bad at pbx supports Team VICIOUS
im bad at pbx supports Sherwood Forest
im bad at pbx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
im bad at pbx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInMyDay
I've only been playing around Austin for a couple months.

I played Texas Paintball once. Played big rec ball games the whole time. They have a nice airball field but I never got to play it. They have a pro shop and good techs. The refs wasted time chatting and playing grab *** when a couple of them got together. There were a lot of people playing out there. It seems like a good place if you just want to play rec ball. 10 fields or something... They have a 5-man beginner tourney coming up March 3rd. PM me if you are interested. Might be able to get you with a team.

Since then I've been playing Outlaw in Pflugerville. I like it because they have fewer fields. (which means I get to play more airball) There are a couple of teams that I know practice there. The refs are cool and willing to help but they are lazy. (What do you expect? I'm sure they get paid ****.) You sometimes have to be proactive if you want to get games going. It's not always a bad thing because it's your call who you play with, what field, and when. Within the next few months they will be laying down some turf.

Other fields are Petty Paintball, Austin Paintball, and Lost Paintball. I haven't played any of them so I can't say anything about them. I plan on playing a 3 man tourney at Lost March 23rd. Again, pm me if you are interested.

Other tournaments - A lot of people are talking about the CTPL series. I plan on playing the 3 man in May. (at Petty) and I'm playing a scenario game at Petty Feb 9th.

Pricing and such you should be able to find on their websites.
Hahahaha I use to go to school with those refs.

Comanche is nice the guys out there are cool they have 3 air ball fields and last time I was out there they just laid grass on one. It's a new field in the location but I see it getting better very fast.
im bad at pbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:28 PM #5
BackInMyDay

BackInMyDay owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lol The dudes at Outlaw?
BackInMyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:48 PM #6
paintballcrazy89
John R3d C0RN

I've been to outlaw and like there field but I want to switch it up and try a new field. Anyone been to the X-factor field?
Albanian Baller

Wise Words From [BeatD0wnCity] "John honestly does make people rage...I believe it now that i have experienced it..."
Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 PM #7
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by im bad at pbx View Post
Hahahaha I use to go to school with those refs.

Comanche is nice the guys out there are cool they have 3 air ball fields and last time I was out there they just laid grass on one. It's a new field in the location but I see it getting better very fast.
We now have the bunkers back on the field closet the rest area and its all grass, as well as the 3man air field next to it. Both have nice grass now and we will be doing the 3rd field soon and have the bunkers back on it in no time.

Comanche is really steppin the game up, they have there own D3 team as well as several D4/5 teams that use it as there home field for practice.

If anyones thinking about making the trip out to see us shoot me a PM, ive got some incentive for you

They will also be hosting the 2nd round of CTPL and HK army will be coming back soon for there street ball event. Lots of big things coming from comanche, shoot me a pm for info on anything

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made

Last edited by JoshC90 : 01-22-2013 at 07:02 PM.
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 PM #8
txpaintballa

Texas Paintball has a very large proshop, if you're looking to buy something, I'd look there.
It is mostly a rec ball field at this point, the variety and amount of the fields being one of the main attractions. Rec ball groups are usually 20 to 30.They try to keep it below 30 can though. The staff is great, they're almost always on the ball about getting games going. I've only had one poor ref, and I haven't seen him in a while... The owner is almost always out there and he'll tech your gun for free in most cases. If you are looking to play airball all day, I wouldn't suggest Texas Paintball, though.
From what I've heard from the staff, they are trying to get more tournament players out there. They will be hosting scrimmage days at least once a month (usually before a tournament, if there is one that month) on Sundays with discounted tournament grade paint. Keep a look out for those if you have a team and wish to get some good scrimmages in on the nicest airball field in Texas (seriously, the turf is amazingly laid out and cleaned and the bunkers are constantly cleaned).
txpaintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:55 PM #9
paintballcrazy89
John R3d C0RN

Texas paintball is kinda pricey though
Albanian Baller

Old 01-22-2013, 09:08 PM #10
txpb614
Sean

txpb614 plays in the PSP
txpb614 helped look for balloons
txpb614 is an NCPA player
txpb614 plays in the APPA D4 division
Last Sunday X-Factor had about 50+ tournament players out running games from 10:30-3ish
GEO 2
txpb614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:47 PM #11
EliteGeek91
I'ma 'Bout My Bizniz

EliteGeek91 is BST Trusted
EliteGeek91 is playing at Living Legends VI
EliteGeek91 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
EliteGeek91 supports Team VICIOUS
EliteGeek91 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I like the one in College Station, and in Conroe.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:17 PM #12
TStateBaller13

This is good to know. Moving down to San Marcos in the fall of school.
TStateBaller13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:08 PM #13
Comanche Badlanz PB

Comanche Badlanz PB

AFPL Armed Forces Paintball League kicking off April 5th as Friday Nite Lites. 3 Man format at least 2 players on 3 Man team must be active duty military. $90 buy in per team, cash prizes only! Based on percentage of entry fees determines pay out. Make some quick cash! Friday Nite Lights; Pre-registration deadline is COB Friday before scheduled event. Contact Bill at 254-338-7030 or www.comanchebadlanzpaintball.com
Comanche Badlanz PB is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups