PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-26-2013, 08:39 PM #1
Jet
Freedom Isn't Free

has been a member for 10 years
Another 'want to open a field' thread. Capital and misc questions

What kind of capital did you have when you opened your field and what was the over all cost and was it worth the return?

I'm aiming at 500-700 on opening cost, my capital is about 150 in pocket right now so I'm trying to wait another 6months to a year to build up to at least 300 before even looking at breaking any kind of ground.

I want an indoor facility, trying to do this right and not have some hole in the wall.
I want to add a small arcade into the place so I can have it open on weekdays after school hours. Still coming up with other ideas on how to make this a more well rounded facility that can bring in revenue on weekdays as well.

Open to all ideas.

My background:
Ex Military, SOF.
Been into paintball for quite a while, started playing back in 95. Worked at a field in 99 and ran a medical complex in the military that had a paintball field. I was in charge of the field itself, keeping it well supplied, maintained, creating scenarios, dealing with the vendors, etc, etc.
It was an outdoor field but I left in the middle of construction of our indoor field. Our set up wasn't recreational, we had a mock city built up that we played in. The whole course was about 2km long, great times were had there. completely irrelevant, if you read this far I've wasted about 2 minutes of your time with this last paragraph but please feel free to answer the questions.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2013, 09:41 PM #2
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Without getting too deep, visit here.
http://scubatoys.com/paintball/start...d/Foreword.asp

Then talk to him about possibly visiting the field itself.

My only other question/thought would be where is your general location going to be? If you don't have long term weather issues requiring an indoor field it can make it tough to make it work. Not to say it can't work, see above, but it is very difficult for most.

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:45 PM #3
Jet
Freedom Isn't Free

has been a member for 10 years
Well...this is ironic.
Mind if I PM you further on this?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:35 AM #4
robdavy
Field Owner

You're going to build a new building for it? I'm not sure I can see that working...

And on the arcade front; are you a paintball field or an arcade? They're very different businesses. Having a few machines to keep kids busy between games is one thing (and a very small thing!), but running an arcade business at the same time is totally different
robdavy is offline   Reply With Quote