Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 PM #1
itsjonbro
Bring Me Violence

itsjonbro is playing at Living Legends VI
itsjonbro owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
itsjonbro supports Team VICIOUS
itsjonbro supports DLX Technology
Arrow Dye Rotor vs Prophecy V2

Thoughts on the two? I own the original Prophecy right now but looking to upgrade to one of these with the left over money in my paypal, Dig the compact look & colors of the rotor & my prophecy is fairly large, but what are your opinions on these hoppers?

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Isjonbro.jpg
itsjonbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2013, 08:33 PM #2
bcrguy
F**k S**t Up...

bcrguy is playing at Living Legends VI
bcrguy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i love my rotors, i have only had a couple jams and that was due to low battery. even so 1 quick pull of the anti jam lever unjammed real quick. quick disassembly/and reassembly, and runs on AA's

in the end if you like your prophecy then stick with the v2, if theres some gripes you have try the rotor.

both my rotors are completely stock but using duracell rechargeable batteries, just turned down the ball stack tension a little bit.
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 PM #3
Jimmy Robo
Collects Rare JT masks

Just my personal opinion. The shells of most hoppers are crap, except the rotor. My buddy literally rolled his ford f250 over his rotor on accident and the hopper was still in tact and worked with no damage. Only scratches from rocks.

I have cracked at least 2-3 feednecks from the prophecy and new shells are at least 30 bucks.

Rotor is low profile. Color kits are really cool. Plastic is really tough. Do not require a lot of batteries. U can upgrade the shell capacity if i want. No programming the rotor or switches to break off...... Its one button to turn on and push again to turn off. Easy to field stripin case of a major problem. I dont see any major flaws with this hopper
Jimmy Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:57 PM #4
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

ill do you one better than either your options.

Virtue Spire.

I own 2 Rotors, 1 Proph V2, 2 Proph Z2's, and a Spire.

Spire wins, hands down. see my review of the spire in the reviews section for reasons why.

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:19 AM #5
Hailstate17

I personally like the Rotor for the profile. It's slimmer. And you just cant beat what its made out of.
Hailstate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:40 AM #6
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
1) Reviews
2) What is wrong with your hopper that you want to upgrade?
-Find the hopper that solves that and presto! Decision has been made!
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:33 AM #7
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Both good loaders. I like the prophecy for its lighter weight and higher capacity. But most importantly because it doesnt jam as easoly. Rotors feed amazing if your paint never gets hot and soft but when it does..you will get a jam and need to take the thing apart. The prophecy l also has the best feed lid ever while the rotor feed lid is a ridiculous bad joke.

There is no doubt that the rotor is more robust. If you wanna beat the heck out of something..go rotor. Both really are amazing. Can't go wrong.

Prophecies are significantly cheaper. Rotors have real dedicated fans. Some people just hate how finicky the prophecy feels when you try to put it back together. Until you master it, you won't like doing it. Try both from people who prefer their hopper. Anyone will say to get the thing they went with.
Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:28 AM #8
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailstate17 View Post
I personally like the Rotor for the profile. It's slimmer. And you just cant beat what its made out of.
And when I dive into the snake, my whole hopper doesn't pour out like the prophecy
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:14 AM #9
Person

^ whole hopper doesn't pour out? Thats possible with any loader if you do something goofy. I've had more loader dumps with my rotors than my prophecies because the rotor lid just comes open when you look at it sideways. With a speed feed clamped on there it may not be a problem but for some dudes a legitimate normal lid is a real issue.

The rotor has some serious benefits over the prophecy, but neither loader is just dumping paint whenever you dive into the snake. On Z2's running old style prophecy shells..the front of the loader is way more likely to come off since the old shells are a lot more flexible than the Z2 shells, and they were originally designed to be clamped into your feedneck. When you remove the feedneck portion of the prophecy shells to adapt to a Z2, they are significantly less secure than a Z2 shell if they get shot up. If you want to run modified Prophecy shells on a Z2 I suggest just putting a single piece of duct tape across the top of the loader, or if you wanna get serious, all along that seam.

To me, both the rotor and the prophecy are the best thing since sliced bread. I'd rather shoot a tippmann 98 with a prophecy than an ego 12 with a revvy. They are that awesome, IMO. We finally got some reliable forced feed action. You think a prophecy is not durable? Try a POS halo B. lol.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:48 PM #10
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Rotor. The shell is a good compact material. Pretty low profile. Never jams (unless in hot weather with bad paint, or you get the paint wet, or just use crappy paint in general) easy, easy maintenance. and best battery life.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:31 PM #11
Bump_Pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person View Post
^ whole hopper doesn't pour out? Thats possible with any loader if you do something goofy. I've had more loader dumps with my rotors than my prophecies because the rotor lid just comes open when you look at it sideways. With a speed feed clamped on there it may not be a problem but for some dudes a legitimate normal lid is a real issue.

The rotor has some serious benefits over the prophecy, but neither loader is just dumping paint whenever you dive into the snake. On Z2's running old style prophecy shells..the front of the loader is way more likely to come off since the old shells are a lot more flexible than the Z2 shells, and they were originally designed to be clamped into your feedneck. When you remove the feedneck portion of the prophecy shells to adapt to a Z2, they are significantly less secure than a Z2 shell if they get shot up. If you want to run modified Prophecy shells on a Z2 I suggest just putting a single piece of duct tape across the top of the loader, or if you wanna get serious, all along that seam.

To me, both the rotor and the prophecy are the best thing since sliced bread. I'd rather shoot a tippmann 98 with a prophecy than an ego 12 with a revvy. They are that awesome, IMO. We finally got some reliable forced feed action. You think a prophecy is not durable? Try a POS halo B. lol.
Those magnets suck when I dive in the snake and the lid just flies open, the rotor is my snake hopper
Old 02-16-2013, 08:09 PM #12
Person

You can get the friction lid or glue on a third magnet.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 PM #13
Bump_Pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person View Post
You can get the friction lid or glue on a third magnet.
Why go through that trouble when I can just get a rotor with a km spine
Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 PM #14
thepaintballkidd
Fluffy Ninja

thepaintballkidd supports Team VICIOUS
thepaintballkidd plays in the APPA beginner division
thepaintballkidd supports DLX Technology
thepaintballkidd supports Empire
I feel like the rotor is just a near perfect loader. as in mine has never jammed, no tools needed for disassembly, fast as any gun, and a low profile. The prophecy just seems larger and has a more complicated disassembly. I am sure there are some good things about it, but for me it rotor all the way.
thepaintballkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:24 AM #15
Person

Bump Pitch - obviously when you are running a speed feed the awful normal lid on the rotor doesn't come into play. The hole is smaller but its fine.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:59 AM #16
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
I've never had a problem with the stock lid on the rotor, even though I do run a speedfeed. People just wanna look cool and reload without looking. It doesn't take much effort to shoot with one hand, hold the other players down, and look at your loader for a 1/2 second to line up a proper reload.

I liked my rotor's profile and normally reliable mechanics, but the weight and constant jamming irritated me. The material they used for the rotor should be the new standard for all loaders from now on though.

However the stock lid on the z2 leaves something to be desired, and it drains batteries a bit more. But it's just so much lighter.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // PM6 // Angel Speed 05 FST
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:36 AM #17
bnkr king

bnkr king owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bnkr king owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Spire
bnkr king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:58 PM #18
Person

Out of curiosity, o5pr3y, what would you do to improve the Z2 lid? I know it is just a lid and most dudes want to use speed feeds, but for a standard lid it is still the best one I've used. Mine has the little lip on it so its kind of friction + magnet.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:09 AM #19
Eclipse81
GOTTA LOVE DA GA+

one word

RIPDRIVE!!!

if your batteries die (those who say that there loader hasnt is full of ****) but in a rotor the batteries die your SOL, as least the prophecy has the rip drive to get through the dire moments (its saved me)

Custom 1 of 1 NINJA GA+
68/5000 Evil Scion, Empire Prophecy

Eclipse81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:37 AM #20
stephens76

I think both are solid. I recently changed over to the rotor due what I feel is a better feed system as well as the ease of use and durability. My main complaints with the rotor are capacity as well as being noisy. This mainly is an issue when you run out of paint and your opponents are alerted to this due to the loud continuous spinning of the motor. This is likely not an issue for the more experienced player... But can be an issue for a newer player like me. I have ordered a high capacity top so that should deal with the capacity issue... And time will hopefully solve the other. It's mainly preference, but I feel overall for me the rotor seems more solid compared to the prophecy.
stephens76 is offline   Reply With Quote