PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-02-2013, 04:39 PM #1
lefty007

Annual Supporting Member
Thanks for the PbEx 2013

Thanks for another great show. If you are a field or store owner, or their employees, this is a show not to be missed. I really like how the show has changed and most attendees are bringing extra staff, besides the owners to the show. As the owner, I can focus on marketing, ideas to add to my park, making my business more profitable. And sometimes changing my direction.

The vendors were packed in, and lots of them. Thanks to all the vendors for supporting our Paintball businesses.

The classes were great. Insurance, field operations, new revenue sources, all help my business. Some really good new classes, such as Pekin Haunt. The break out of some older classes to a few key concepts, I really enjoyed. The tech classes have the best rooms for learning about "teching". Might have to add a few more new presenters like Pekin Hault in the future.

I always enjoy the "Round Table". Great discussion with real tough issues. And real answers from paintball companies that have been through it.

I do like the facility, it's handy for most things, and the option to stay of site is welcome for many. I like the food buffet style, as it's fast and selection is great, and I can run down to eat and be back in 20 minutes. The quick lunch up near the show, was great and handy. That did save me more time 5-10 minutes each way to the cafeteria. Thanks. (I'd like to kick the guy that did the signage for the buildings, but given enough time, I could find most places.)
I found the shipping department onsite (full postal services and courier, extremely handy, after I won the "Collect all the vendors stamps card" prize drawing, and had to ship a huge box of items back home). Thanks for the draws, that will really help offset my expenses. Thanks to the vendors that contribute to all the prize drawings, that is a great incentive to come and show support. As in the last 2 years, most attendees stayed until the end. After my example in 2009 in Anaheim, you must be present to win, I was pulled out 12th, but I was there and won a huge package of prizes. Thanks again.

I hope everybody gets on board with the Bob Gurnsey Scholarship, this is our paintball scholarship. I remember seeing one young fellow posting that his Dad didn't thing of paintball as a sport, because it didn't have scholarships. Now it does. I believe they gave away $9,000 last year to a few worthy award winners. I donated a few dollars in the charity poker game.

On the last day, I wish the vendors would stay open until 4 pm, or have the tradeshow time to end earlier, officially. Or let attendees know, the vendors will start to pack up at noon, or 1 pm. I needed more time to wander the show and take classes. Or have most classes in the morning and the show in the afternoon, might help. Maybe the show, could start later and stay open a bit later.

The layout was great and the vendors extremely helpful.
The networking was fantastic like normal.

All in all, this was the best Paintball Extravaganza show so far.

The other thing is that Rick Chard (Promoter, Paintball Events Unlimited who runs the show with an advisory board), is so available to talk to and listen to concerns. Sometimes he's extremely busy, but that other times he can chat for a bit. He really wants this show to be fantastic. His staff is excellent, and very friendly. I've attended more than most, but there is a huge reason to come back year after year. Grow my business and bottom line. Thanks for all the hard work.
Canada
lefty007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:54 PM #2
7paintball
7paintball•Everything pb

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
The vendors leaving has been the worst thing for the last few years. Other then that this years show was amazing.

7pbA wants to buy your used gear!

Certified Planet Eclipse & Tippmann Tech Center
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:32 PM #3
rchard
Paintball Extravaganza

Annual Supporting Member
rchard donated to help Peyton Trent
rchard supports Pev's Paintball
Early tear down of venders.

When you talk to your distributors and manufacturers - Thank the ones that stayed open until the end of the show and let the ones that shut down early know your displeasure. This has been one our hardest battles to win in the operation of Paintball Extravaganza. Not sure why a manufacturers spends the time and money to come to the event and not use every available mimute to spend with customers? I do know it was really obvious that the exhibitors that stayed open kept doing business to the end. I guess maybe the ones that tore down early have enough business and don't need new customers or orders.....................

Thanks to all that came to this years Extravaganza. This was the largest and most successful event since the start in 2005.

rchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:24 AM #4
7paintball
7paintball•Everything pb

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Have been doing just that. I know you guys try hard to tell them to stay, so thanks for doing so.

7pbA wants to buy your used gear!

Certified Planet Eclipse & Tippmann Tech Center
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote