PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-25-2013, 05:20 PM #43
SuperBee
Beware the blue wire

SuperBee helped look for balloons
One of the reasons I bought a 360 was so I could play my old xbox games. But after 3 years of owning it i dont think i have played a single one of my old games.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:08 PM #44
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
One of the reasons I bought a 360 was so I could play my old xbox games. But after 3 years of owning it i dont think i have played a single one of my old games.
Everyones making a big deal about having no BC, but ive probably used mine once on my ps3 to play GTA san andreas....like 4 years ago. Its really no big loss.

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:18 PM #45
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeCop View Post
I loved the ps3 controllers triggers, much better than the 360 bumpers... and ps3 controllers do have vibration.

The PS3 controller is basically a ps1/2 controller with wireless and a few motion features. people lurved the ps1 and 2 controllers.
the ps3 controllers did not have vibration until they released the DS3.
In addition to controversial triggers (not bumpers as you pointed out) some people didnt like how light the sixaxis controllers are. Im just glad they are essentially fixing everything that was wrong with the PS3 originally
Old 02-25-2013, 11:34 PM #46
AxeCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
Everyones making a big deal about having no BC, but ive probably used mine once on my ps3 to play GTA san andreas....like 4 years ago. Its really no big loss.
How to get backwards compatibility without paying any additional cash: keep your old console. If you dont have the old console, buy one at a yard sale. I have seen PS2s for 20 bucks and PS3s for $50.

Still have my GBA, PS2, N64 and DS. I plan to get a PS3 post PS4 launch for cheap so I can play the 4-5 exclusive games on the ps3 that interest me. I regret nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post
the ps3 controllers did not have vibration until they released the DS3.
In addition to controversial triggers (not bumpers as you pointed out) some people didnt like how light the sixaxis controllers are. Im just glad they are essentially fixing everything that was wrong with the PS3 originally
since when was the ps3 controllers triggers "controversial", most consoles have similar feeling and operating triggers. the 360 is the odd one out if anything. I have always found the bumper buttons super spongy and unresponsive compared to the rather soldier DS2/DS3 triggers, and i know of more broken xbox triggers than ps2/3.

and since when did people hate DS2 and DS3, this is seriously quite new to me. i know of peeps that prefer one controller or the other, but none that outright hate one or the other too much
AxeCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:02 AM #47
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeCop View Post
since when was the ps3 controllers triggers "controversial", most consoles have similar feeling and operating triggers. the 360 is the odd one out if anything. I have always found the bumper buttons super spongy and unresponsive compared to the rather soldier DS2/DS3 triggers, and i know of more broken xbox triggers than ps2/3.

and since when did people hate DS2 and DS3, this is seriously quite new to me. i know of peeps that prefer one controller or the other, but none that outright hate one or the other too much
jesus man im just saying the original controllers were not met with 100% satisfaction. Triggers are R2/L2 bumpers would be R1/L1. The 360 kept the same triggers as the original xbox and even the dream cast, triggers that actually feel like real triggers.

The PS3's convex triggers are slippery and spongy in my opinion and i know a few of my friends feel the same way. I also never said people hated the DS2. People disliked the DS3 because of the ****ty triggers (opinion, no fact, but still relevant) and the fact that it wasnt available at launch. The fact that sony changed the triggers and joysticks to a more conventional style on the DS4 should be proof enough that there was a demand for change
Old 02-26-2013, 09:16 AM #48
chickenbot5
Montgomeryoctavius5

chickenbot5 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
chickenbot5 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I personally couldn't stand the DS3. The triggers didn't seem right to me. I could overlook that though and be happy with it if the sticks didn't feel so, idk, unsnappy and weren't so close together. Hopefully there is more space between the sticks this time.

EDIT: To be fair, when i was playing games that did not need both sticks at all times (i.e. God of War) it wasn't a problem. But I hated playing any FPS on PS3 for the most part.
chickenbot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:09 AM #49
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenbot5 View Post
I personally couldn't stand the DS3. The triggers didn't seem right to me. I could overlook that though and be happy with it if the sticks didn't feel so, idk, unsnappy and weren't so close together. Hopefully there is more space between the sticks this time.

EDIT: To be fair, when i was playing games that did not need both sticks at all times (i.e. God of War) it wasn't a problem. But I hated playing any FPS on PS3 for the most part.
i always switched shoot/grenade to R1/L1 in CoD and SOCOM, dont get me wrong i still enjoy using the DS3 but perfect, it is not

edit-
an interesting article
"Sony will compete with Valve not Microsoft next generation"
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manife...neration-17733

Last edited by AuxiliaryPie : 02-26-2013 at 05:46 PM.
AuxiliaryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:21 AM #50
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

In case anyone needs all the PS4 info they can get;
www.reddit.com/r/ps4 some good stuff on there
Old 03-01-2013, 06:40 PM #51
Promagistrate
such motto

Promagistrate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Promagistrate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit