Old 01-09-2013, 12:47 PM #1
pbkidminion
minion

pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
Need some insight for a custom project

Ok, so I have an idea in my head for a project for my pm7, but first of all I need to get more space in the trigger frame for what I want to do. So what I need help with is 9v alternatives. I need something smaller than the typical 9v battery, but still just as powerful.

Couple useful links I found:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2728812

Also, here's a small battery the size of a AAA that I found, I figure if I put two of these together, maybe it would compare in voltage and current to a 9v?
http://www.batteryjunction.com/10440.html

Here's an info sheet from Duracell about their 9v batteries, same ones I normally run in all my guns:
http://www.duracell.com/media/en-US/...1604_US_PC.pdf

Also, Does anybody have any experience with forming their own Hardline? What would I be looking at to make one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anybody have any idea's/thoughts on this?
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2013, 05:37 PM #2
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
What frame are you using? Stock or UL frame? The stock one looks like it has extra material you can mill out to give more room. You could also try turning the battery 90 deg so that it slightly sticks out the sides of the frame, you will need to carve out the grips a little bit to fit it although I don't know if there is enough material in the grip to carve it out all the way. Both of these would be for a 9V. If you used something else, you would want to get something around 800mAh, better than a alkaline 9V although I don't know if the board can operate on 7.4V or 11.1V batteries (the two voltages LiPo batteries use).

What exactly are you trying to do? There may be another solution to extra room instead changing the battery type.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:53 PM #3
pbkidminion
minion

Stock frame.

I probably could get a little more room if I milled out the side of the frame, but I don't know if it will work quite right.

My idea is to make it macroless, not because I hate macro, but rather it seems like a semi easy project the way I want to do it. To do it though, I plan on drilling and tapping the top of the Asa, and running a long custom made piece of hard line in the front corner of the inside of the frame. It will run along the inside of the frame through where it curves, and then will run down adjacent to the reg. I'm going to make a "sheath" or cover that will cover the little extra space the hard line gives, and then have it cover the reg and hard line. I was thinking for this part use a hyper3 reg because of their skinniness because of being designed to use a cover sleeve. For securing the reg cover, I plan on using a set screw that is tapped into the trigger frame, and then runs into a drilled hole in the rear of the reg cover. I plan on making up the reg sleeve in a cad program and then having my buddy make it on a his cnc mill.

Do you get what I'm doing?

And I'm sure it's clear now why I asked about hard line in the first post. I saw a post on MCarterBrown that explains somewhat how to do the hard line, but I wanna make sure I do it right the first time.

My only concern is that I think I'll have to drill the hole in the Asa right in the center of it, right where the 9v sits.

Does anybody have some ideas or advice on how to make the hard line or suggestions for the battery dilemma?

Sandana Owners Club
Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 PM #4
pbkidminion
minion

Any ideas?

Sandana Owners Club
Old 01-10-2013, 11:57 PM #5
Bigjoe11
"The Boss"

Bigjoe11 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 supports DLX Technology
Try a digital camera 12v battery, they're smaller that aa's; but you would need to use resistors to bring the voltage down.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:48 AM #6
RabidHobo
projectile bacon?!

RabidHobo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RabidHobo supports Team VICIOUS
RabidHobo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RabidHobo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2 ideas.

1) use a direct mount and have the top of it threaded 1/8 npt.
then slot the middle of your mounting holes, try to route the hardline in a sort of s shape avoiding the battery space. i dont know if you can find a 90* fitting of any sort.

2) another idea, mill the bottom of the PM frame flat, machine an oring groove and a through hole towards the front of the frame. tap the through hole, use a die for the hardline itself (not using a fitting) and thread it in there. basically this will create a manifold and the air will route between the asa and the frame. which is a lot harder since you have to have an air tight seal.
RabidHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:01 PM #7
HollowLefty
Falls down a lot

you might consider assembling your own battery from cells. they can be had pretty easily and cheap and then rigged together into whatever shape you need. you might have to get creative in the recharging but other than that it should be pretty easy. Also something like a PM doesn't use a whole lot of juice per shot so you could sacrifice battery life a bit in favor of space that way.
HollowLefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:03 PM #8
dannyd123
Custom=Sexy

I second the create your own cell idea.

Another idea is to get some cell phone batteries. Used is the way to go. Some are around 9v, especially for some older flip phones.You probably will end up augmenting the voltage somehow. Anywhere from 8 to 10 volts is reasonable and wont fry or starve your board.
dannyd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:00 PM #9
junits15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjoe11 View Post
Try a digital camera 12v battery, they're smaller that aa's; but you would need to use resistors to bring the voltage down.
You mean voltage regulator
*freak bored Evil Pipe kit with DW Whip Tip
*super duper UBER upp'd PM7
*reverse red VForce Grillz

I bought an Ion...in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy
junits15 is offline   Reply With Quote