Community Focus

Old 02-28-2013, 11:23 PM #1
Italian Mafia Shots
Wut

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Italian Mafia Shots supports Empire
Finally back in the ICD community with a NDFSP

Hey guys, quick history on me, then some questions.

My first ICD was an X-Mill. I ended up doing damn near everything you could possibly to to a bushy back then which included giving it some extra milling myself. I took a break and went through 4 more guns before coming back and picked up an 04 FS. I was going to throw my wallet at it, but it didn't work consistently enough and I didn't have the funds then to own two high ends and play CFOA.

Fast forward several years to now and I have the money to pick up a toy to play with on Saturdays. Now, I was doing some reading on pulling the HE bits to lower the OP quite a bit. Has anybody who has done this had any success running an SLP through it? I have an HP tank, but I'm trying to sell it since my two other markers will run on my SLP.

Question 2: How often are Kila boards coming up for sale? If I own a marker, I like it to be legal PSP capable and my understanding is that NOX won't go below 13 flat.

Thanks for the time, gents!

Pictures for extra credit:

From the sellers thread

My old FS
Italian Mafia Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2013, 01:32 AM #2
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
the tank shouldn't matter, since the operating pressure is 300ish-psi. the reg will do the work.

Kila boards, you can buy new from Kila, but they do come up occasionally. you would get more people wanting to trade a kila for a nox or vice versa.

come over to ICDO if you want to talk more about FSs, ICDs, and just paintball.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:13 PM #3
Italian Mafia Shots
Wut

Annual Supporting Member
I guess I should have been more specific. I was wondering if anybody has gotten the pressure low enough to run SLP which has an output of 275. I realize the marker doesn't require low pressure, it's just my preferred route.

Thanks for the info on the Kila boards, and I'll be sure to make my way to ICDO. Maybe I can figure out what my old account info was. Cheers
Old 03-01-2013, 05:18 PM #4
krupasjeans
happy day

Your SLP reg most likely won't work well with your NDFSP, unfortunately.

The FSP needs at least 350psi through the HPR to shoot at velocity. I've found my FSP needs more like 375-400psi to shoot at 280-290fps.
Those pressure numbers are assuming you're running a dwell around 14-16ms which I think is the usual dwell people run at.
I'd recommend you save yourself the headache and just run your NDFSP with the high pressure output tank.

BUT I did peruse forumreaders thread here and found he was able to run his NDFSP with a much reduced op pressure. You could read that thread through and give it a try!

As far as the PSP capabilities, if that marker has a NOX board, there is a work around to be able to shoot 10 or 12 bps, but it will effectively cause your eyes to not work.
Read the last post in the thread if you would like to try that.

If you need to shoot PSP with eyes on then the only real board that will do that these days is the Kila.

Last edited by krupasjeans : 03-01-2013 at 05:25 PM.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:35 PM #5
Italian Mafia Shots
Wut

Annual Supporting Member
Yeah I have it set at about 375 right now, but I was reading where a guy ended up to 200psi through the HPR, 100 on the LPR, and a dwell of 13ms. He did this by removing the HE internals in his NDFSP to create more volume. He also was also using a QEV which I don't have at the moment.

All that said, I bought this just for tinkering since I actually enjoy the stuff, even if it is just for the neato factor.

Thanks for the heads up about the board, I was reading that thread last night. However, I definitely want to have my eyes on, so a Kila will be in my near future.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:24 PM #6
Nobody609

honestly, i know where you got the gun from, but i would hate for you to mess around with a well working gun, just to sink it up with a tank. i do know that its easier, but what in life is every easy?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:33 PM #7
Italian Mafia Shots
Wut

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody609 View Post
honestly, i know where you got the gun from, but i would hate for you to mess around with a well working gun, just to sink it up with a tank. i do know that its easier, but what in life is every easy?
Eh, it's all good. We'll see how it does this weekend and I'll make my decision from there. Shot well today, but I couldn't get over 9 bps with the eyes on.

Edit: Also found out there's no NOX inside. Reading totally defeats me since the ad says Pred Lite board. Facepalm...

Last edited by Italian Mafia Shots : 03-01-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:11 AM #8
Nobody609

look at the code for the pred lite and adjust the MROF. i'm sure that it was set low, but i do know someone who is wanting to trade a Kila for a pred lite(you add of course). he doesn't need the modes and wants something slower and less complicated.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:23 AM #9
Italian Mafia Shots
Wut

Annual Supporting Member
Had it set to 18bps since I was toying around with it. It cycled 18 fine with the eyes off, but just wouldn't get up to speed with eyes on. I played around with it after I got home and it seems to be doing fine.

Is the guy who would like to trade on here or ICDO?
Old 03-25-2013, 02:10 AM #10
linderman89
812/502

i miss my freestyle...nice guns
linderman89 is offline   Reply With Quote