PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 PM #22
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
I believe there's also a clear plastic washer that normally sits behind the battery as well, but that might only be on the A4 series guns.
dr.strangelove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2013, 09:11 PM #23
kerry88mcclure

kerry88mcclure has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
yes I sent you a text back sir I just got home from playing some ball at the church. U have my numer sir feel free to contact me at any time, she has been a wall hanger for me and was only shot in the backyard since I got her. I do apologize if there is some sort of wiggle in the grip or whatever ur saying, I must not of ever noticed it Dr.Stranglove can get you strait on anything that potentially may go wrong in the future hopefully nothing does.
kerry88mcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:27 PM #24
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
TwinsPoppa plays in the PSP
TwinsPoppa plays in the APPA D4 division
There's no wiggle in the grip. Its definitely in the marker. So, you're saying you never noticed this clunking before?

I'd rather not open a marker if its working fine but it seems like something is amiss here. Hope its nothing. I'm going to open the back plate and see what I can find now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry88mcclure View Post
yes I sent you a text back sir I just got home from playing some ball at the church. U have my numer sir feel free to contact me at any time, she has been a wall hanger for me and was only shot in the backyard since I got her. I do apologize if there is some sort of wiggle in the grip or whatever ur saying, I must not of ever noticed it Dr.Stranglove can get you strait on anything that potentially may go wrong in the future hopefully nothing does.
TwinsPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:45 PM #25
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

At this point I'd say the battery is about the only possible thing that could be loose/rattling.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:49 PM #26
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Is there some trick to removing the back plate? I removed the breech release and the center holding screw. Can I slide it sideways or does it only come out straight up? There's nothing to grab onto and I don't want to scratch the marker up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
At this point I'd say the battery is about the only possible thing that could be loose/rattling.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 PM #27
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Couldn't get the back plate off and didn't want to force it. However, I took off the grip frame and confirmed its the battery sliding in the marker making the noise.

I guess I can just jerry-rig something to keep it from moving? Suggestions?

Also, I found this.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM #28
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

With the ram knob and back plate screw removed, the back plate will just pop off with a little force. If it's stuck I'll usually either use a fingernail to get between the seam from the body to the back plate at the very top and pop it out, or very carefully use a razor blade to do the same thing. You can also remove the solenoid retaining screw from the solenoid cover and use a small piece of dowel or plastic to pull the cover back, which will knock the back plate loose.

For the battery, like I said before, a couple o-rings stacked behind it can serve as a buffer.

Looks like that wire got pinched between the grip frame and body. I can't tell for sure, but it looks to be the solenoid wire. If the solenoid is still functioning properly, you could just use some electrical tape to cover it. The proper fix would be just to cut that section out and either re-splice it if you have enough wire left, or if the wire is too short, pick up a new wire pigtail and splice that in: http://www.fixmyangel.com/product_in...roducts_id=563

Last edited by dr.strangelove : 02-25-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 PM #29
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
-^^^^^oh damn, quick draw McGraw!!!

Take the slide off the back of the ram, really small Allen key. Then the center hex key, then the cover should be pliable enough. After that I'm sure you'll notice the battery moves around, back an fourth. Hope this helps.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:10 PM #30
Winnebago
Angels 4 Life

your imagination is the limit for the battery...

for the end closest to the front of the gun - take the battery out and stuff some foam in there then put battery back in... or glue some foam at the end of the battery stick and put the battery back in...

for the end closest to the back of the gun - wad up electrical tape and fill up the rest of the space... or use more foam.
WTB: Angels + Jerseys
Angel Rescue! (aka WTB Broken Angels)
Old PBN Feedback
Winnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 PM #31
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsPoppa View Post
Couldn't get the back plate off and didn't want to force it. However, I took off the grip frame and confirmed its the battery sliding in the marker making the noise.

I guess I can just jerry-rig something to keep it from moving? Suggestions?

Also, I found this.
Holy ****, how would anyone not notice that bad Larry hanging out of the side of the gun!! Lol

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:15 PM #32
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Thanks guys. I'm going to give it a rest for now but try later. I'm just glad its only the battery moving. You guys know your stuff.

I'm just disappointed its something else that I have to deal with.

All problems/questions were diagnosed and answered!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:20 PM #33
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
To be fair it wasn't hanging out when I got the marker. It was crimped prior and was put back in. I would have never known until I opened it up myself just now. Oh well. What are you gonna do.

EDIT: I take that back. It was like that when I received the marker but didn't notice it.

Here's a pic from when I took pics to load to my FB acct. Still, what are you gonna do. Water under the bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
Holy ****, how would anyone not notice that bad Larry hanging out of the side of the gun!! Lol

Last edited by TwinsPoppa : 02-25-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:23 PM #34
Oldandsneaky
Still My Pump Badge

Annual Supporting Member
You're gonna love that marker when you get it going. They have great triggers!
Oldandsneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:31 PM #35
pinrey1025

pinrey1025 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebago View Post
your imagination is the limit for the battery...

for the end closest to the front of the gun - take the battery out and stuff some foam in there then put battery back in... or glue some foam at the end of the battery stick and put the battery back in...

for the end closest to the back of the gun - wad up electrical tape and fill up the rest of the space... or use more foam.
my g7 fly has no spacer. of all things, it has a rubberband wrapped around the battery a million times. keeps it nice and snug. no movement for me.

I love my g7 fly. Mine is Force Boarded. its dialed in and one of the smoothest markers if had.
pinrey1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:59 PM #36
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
I was able to get a macro line and test the marker. Seems to shoot fine and no leaks. I might use it at this weekend's woodsball tourney and see how it holds up.

I'm contemplating whether I should do the mini-reg mod now or just try using a HP tank and see how it goes at the chrono.

Also, I found the Tenergy charger for only $13.99 at Amazon. This model is the same as the one in the ultimate sticky. The only difference is the charger is red (instead of black) and the accessories come with male connectors (instead of female).

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Universa.../dp/B001B8C2QA

I just spliced the DC coaxial power adapter onto the alligator clip accessory. This way in case you want to use it for actually charging what its intended for you just switch accessories.

Look here if you want to see pics of what I did.
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/nniu...7ms7ge2ni8874v

According to the ultimate sticky the original charger output was 0.6A. Can someone confirm whther its safe to use the higher charging rate of 1.8A vs 0.9A on the Tenergy?

Now I'm going to study how to adjust the trigger so that I can rip in semi uncapped for the tourney.

Last edited by TwinsPoppa : 02-28-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:16 PM #37
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Also, I noticed at least one person mentioned they had problems using the Tenergy charger - even though they followed all the instructions properly.

At first, I experienced the same thing too. No reaction from the Angel and no lights stayed on at the charger.

The problem was simple. The housing on the H coaxial power connector was hanging up on the grip frame. This stopped the connector from going all the way down. So, in my case, all I had to do was push the connector a little to the right while pushing down.

Maybe other people's markers didn't have such a tight fit.

I marked in red where the connector was hitting on mine.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:33 PM #38
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

I'd be inclined to go with the 0.9A setting, and that should work perfectly.

That makes sense with the coaxial plug, because the charging port itself acts as a switch and must make full contact with the plug in order to initiate charging. Even with my stock Angel chargers I have to wiggle them a bit to get the plug to push past the grip frame cutout and engage fully.

If you're going to be using a HP output tank, I'd probably just go ahead and do the mini-reg mod ahead of time. It won't hurt anything, and odds are good you'll end up needing to do it anyway.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 PM #39
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
I'd be inclined to go with the 0.9A setting, and that should work perfectly.

That makes sense with the coaxial plug, because the charging port itself acts as a switch and must make full contact with the plug in order to initiate charging. Even with my stock Angel chargers I have to wiggle them a bit to get the plug to push past the grip frame cutout and engage fully.

If you're going to be using a HP output tank, I'd probably just go ahead and do the mini-reg mod ahead of time. It won't hurt anything, and odds are good you'll end up needing to do it anyway.
Thanks for the input. I will do as you suggested.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:50 AM #40
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Tried to do the mini-reg mod last night but surprise surprise - no ball bearing. Off to find a 6mm ball bearing.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:02 PM #41
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
My bad. There WAS a ball bearing. There was so much lube that it stuck to the bottom of the reg seat.

And after opening it all up, found that the mod was already done.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 PM #42
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Gotta love finding out that mods were already done for you!

Too bad for me those mods always seem to be hoodrich ghetto rigging mods! Lolz.

Let us know how it works out this weekend. I personally hated the trigger on those guns, but to each their own.

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is online now   Reply With Quote