Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 12:03 PM #1
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope
 
mattbrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So Cal
$13 for an eye screw??

So I reached out to DP recently and I am quoted $13 for one eye screw. 85 cents for the screw and $12 for the shipping...whew buddy...anyeone else know where to get parts from?
__________________
Dr. Isotope
mattbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2013, 12:12 PM #2
firefoxx04
Up the Irons
 
firefoxx04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
you get get hold of John and he might pick one up for you, and envelope it to you. He is a sponsored DP player

phant0m0 is his username. He is away right now however, so it might be a week or so.
__________________
COLORS Paintball
Yeti PB Balls Out Photography Becker Industries
DPOT: Hotter than a 2 peckered billy goat
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM #3
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope
 
mattbrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
you get get hold of John and he might pick one up for you, and envelope it to you. He is a sponsored DP player

phant0m0 is his username. He is away right now however, so it might be a week or so.
Thanks...I understand high shipped rates but dang...lol
__________________
Dr. Isotope
mattbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:09 PM #4
lunatic209
 
 
lunatic209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
I just bought a feedneck lever and nut for $12 dollars. Total with shipping $22! I'm gonna loctite every screw so none falls out. Can't expect to keep buying misc screws or parts when you're paying the same for shipping as the price of the part.
lunatic209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:57 PM #5
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope
 
mattbrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic209 View Post
I just bought a feedneck lever and nut for $12 dollars. Total with shipping $22! I'm gonna loctite every screw so none falls out. Can't expect to keep buying misc screws or parts when you're paying the same for shipping as the price of the part.
I know right...seems crazy when usps would charge maybe a couple dollars at best.
__________________
Dr. Isotope
mattbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:09 PM #6
xmc1146
Mount Vernon, Wa
 
xmc1146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbrace View Post
I know right...seems crazy when usps would charge maybe a couple dollars at best.
first class parcel in envelope with tracking is 2.97$. thats how much my eyes cost shipping.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:14 PM #7
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope
 
mattbrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc1146 View Post
first class parcel in envelope with tracking is 2.97$. thats how much my eyes cost shipping.
Exactly not $10 lol

Eyes work fantastic btw!
__________________
Dr. Isotope
mattbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 PM #8
dlersch
 
 
dlersch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Not even. If it's only a couple ounces, it'll be less than $2. Their shipping rates are absurd. Actually, their prices on everything are pretty ridiculous. $22.50 for an fx eye cover?
dlersch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 PM #9
CA_Tectonics
 
 
CA_Tectonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northern CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlersch View Post
Not even. If it's only a couple ounces, it'll be less than $2. Their shipping rates are absurd. Actually, their prices on everything are pretty ridiculous. $22.50 for an fx eye cover?
Easy now......Yes, some of the prices may be relatively high for what the part is but just think of this: How much is a DP solenoid? $35 . How much is a Dye or PE or BLAST noid? Close to $100 and up from there.

DP had some issues with USPS a while back and revamped their shipping. I think they send stuff just UPS now and you also have to remember that the cost is shipping and handling. That means that they have to pay someone to go find the part and package it up to send out. I'm not going to defend their shipping pricing because it is very high, just wanted to get more info out there before people make snap judgments.
__________________
Graphite Dangerous Power REV-I
TechT bolt engine, REV-I & Disruptive barrel kits, Prophecy V2 w/ Empire feedgate, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Maroon and Polished Aluminum Dangerous Power Threshold
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 PM #10
GraniteGargoyle
 
 
GraniteGargoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Easy now......Yes, some of the prices may be relatively high for what the part is but just think of this: How much is a DP solenoid? $35 . How much is a Dye or PE or BLAST noid? Close to $100 and up from there.

DP had some issues with USPS a while back and revamped their shipping. I think they send stuff just UPS now and you also have to remember that the cost is shipping and handling. That means that they have to pay someone to go find the part and package it up to send out. I'm not going to defend their shipping pricing because it is very high, just wanted to get more info out there before people make snap judgments.
DP LOVER!!!!B00000!!!!!

:maybedodgy:
__________________
Need Paintball Stuff? Talk To Yeti6669
GraniteGargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:26 PM #11
xmc1146
Mount Vernon, Wa
 
xmc1146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbrace View Post
Exactly not $10 lol

Eyes work fantastic btw!
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 PM #12
GraniteGargoyle
 
 
GraniteGargoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
XMC's eyes were the first thing I bought for my blue G3 if I remember right. Still working a year later.
__________________
Need Paintball Stuff? Talk To Yeti6669
GraniteGargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:12 PM #13
firefoxx04
Up the Irons
 
firefoxx04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
they need to start stocking little envelopes. I just dont understand half the crap DP does. The stupid shipping is why i DONT deal through them directly.
__________________
COLORS Paintball
Yeti PB Balls Out Photography Becker Industries
DPOT: Hotter than a 2 peckered billy goat
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:22 PM #14
CA_Tectonics
 
 
CA_Tectonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northern CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
they need to start stocking little envelopes. I just dont understand half the crap DP does. The stupid shipping is why i DONT deal through them directly.
I agree. At least some 5" X 10" for the smaller stuff. Pretty much any small item should be able to fit in that size.

I wonder if their limited packaging options has to do with some sort of packaging deal with the carrier?
__________________
Graphite Dangerous Power REV-I
TechT bolt engine, REV-I & Disruptive barrel kits, Prophecy V2 w/ Empire feedgate, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Maroon and Polished Aluminum Dangerous Power Threshold
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 PM #15
firefoxx04
Up the Irons
 
firefoxx04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
meh. back in the day, they would have just shipped things like that out on their way home from work.
__________________
COLORS Paintball
Yeti PB Balls Out Photography Becker Industries
DPOT: Hotter than a 2 peckered billy goat
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:00 AM #16
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope
 
mattbrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
meh. back in the day, they would have just shipped things like that out on their way home from work.
Ya when i had a PE gun if I needed anything small they would just ship it to me in a simple envelope for free. Not saying that's what I want here just a fair shipping rate.
__________________
Dr. Isotope
mattbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:34 PM #17
mymutter
I crack myself up!
 
mymutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: the 847
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Hell, ICD is out of the gun making business and they still support their markers and shipped me some LPR parts for an 04 Freestyle, for free.
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:07 PM #18
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope
 
mattbrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So Cal
I mean my stance is I understand companies need to make money I get it...its a business..
__________________
Dr. Isotope
mattbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:18 AM #19
Hammar
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc1146 View Post
first class parcel in envelope with tracking is 2.97$. thats how much my eyes cost shipping.
And a small flat rate priority box is like 5.95
__________________
WTS: PM8 Graphite Parts Kit
Hammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump