Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2013, 07:33 PM #1
JeepDude

Question Autococker Decision

I am have been reborn into the sport of paintball, thanks to my kids. I was always an autococker fan, had serval. My last one was 97 autococker. I would like to get an up to date version, but don't know where to start. Things have change too drastically, in my 15 yr hiatus. My own research has failed, there are just too many variants out there (outkast, sto, superstock, eblade, etc.). I like the mechanical cocker, but don't mind the electronic either. I don't care if its made by wgp or another manufacturer. What's the main difference between these variants?

What are some of the higher end autocoker, that can keep up with these modern guns that seem to shoot 20+ bps.

Please help guys,

Thanks
JeepDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:46 PM #2
sucka T.

has been a member for 10 years
The Sto and Outkast to me are the best looking guns (that are cheap to get ~200ish?), although you can get some sexy as hell mech cockers for 500-1000 (mostly because of supply constraints). I am a big looks guy when it comes to paintball guns. If you want to get 20+bps or close to it you will need an electric cocker. Can get an ebladed cocker, but I am not sure the BPS on those so I cant really say if you will hit your 20 bps target with eblade.

Autococker's aren't manufactured anymore. I am not sure on this point, someone will have to correct me on this, but I think I am right. WGP is gone though.

Since you have been gone, alot of new guns have come out, and the expensive guns from back in the day are now dirt cheap (dm4 from back in the day was a high end gun when i was playing, but now sell for 100-200 ish?). Smart parts is gone also.

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102

Last edited by sucka T. : 02-20-2013 at 07:54 PM.
sucka T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:42 AM #3
Cokrkilr

I agree with the sto, but id have to say the black magic is my favorite cocker to ever come out, the black to red fade with lots o chrome... yes please!

You can find any cocker you like and e blade it down the road
Cokrkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:18 PM #4
IgoHAM

Well in your 15 year hiatus alot of companies are no longer around. You can still find autocockers and parts just not as easily. Im looking to build an orracle but cant justify spending the money on one right after just building my 04 prostock pump. Anyways if i were you looking to find an autococker i would just try and find a body with a threaded feed neck so you can use a locking feed neck. Other than that any body will do just so long (in my opinion) the feed neck is threaded. Hope this helps.
IgoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:53 PM #5
dirtraven

has been a member for 10 years
dirtraven is playing at Living Legends VII
dirtraven owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dirtraven supports Team VICIOUS
WGP got sold and they pretty much just buried the line. You may wanna stay away from the Psycho Ballistics cockers. Overall not a very good build cocker.

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi
dirtraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 PM #6
Oldandsneaky
Still My Pump Badge

Annual Supporting Member
Be careful, once you buy one Autococker.....

(I'm up to four already)
Oldandsneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:28 PM #7
Dk-79
SCHWING!

A Blurple STO is probably the all around most eye catching, yet cheapest autococker out there.
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 AM #8
Durk85
You can't be serious....

Durk85 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Durk85 supports Team VICIOUS
Durk85 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Durk85 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldandsneaky View Post
Be careful, once you buy one Autococker.....

(I'm up to four already)
Sooooo true! I got out of the sport then started playing again. So I bought a 2004 Autococker, then a Shocktech cocker, and recently a SS... You buy one and you just want to keep buying more!
Durk85 is offline   Reply With Quote