Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-02-2012, 11:26 AM #22
rabidmouse

Buy whatever you want, it's your money and your opinion.
Sexy 1 of a kind Ego 5 http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post77432569

Proudly sponsored by Virtue Paintball.
Check out http://www.virtuepaintball.com for your virtue needs
rabidmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2012, 11:29 AM #23
DTMsurf
S.D. CA

Really happy with my Proton so far, I did a first day impressions post on a Proton thread you might want to check out.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...=#post77397660

Last edited by DTMsurf : 12-02-2012 at 11:32 AM.
DTMsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 PM #24
rkenders
Northern Colorado

The Etha is a piece of junk! Far too much plastic for what you pay for it! The DP line is ALL aluminum. Even the Etek line has an over priced plastic version. You should be getting the all aluminum version for what you pay for the plastic version. Customer service is NOT a good reason to choose a gun or reject a gun. Buy what is good in the price range you can afford and generally ignore the company since you will communicate with them far less than you think. I have contacted DP once to buy a new ASA and they were responsive and helpful. Macdev has always made excellent guns and for a long time their CS was amongst the worst there was.

DP G5:
1. All aluminum construction
2. Macroless
3. Raps ASA
4. Bearings in the trigger, very adjustable
5. Did I mention no plastic parts?

Last edited by rkenders : 12-06-2012 at 11:23 PM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:27 PM #25
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
The Etha is a piece of junk! Far too much plastic for what you pay for it! The DP line is ALL aluminum. Even the Etek line has an over priced plastic version. You should be getting the all aluminum version for what you pay for the plastic version. Customer service is NOT a good reason to choose a gun or reject a gun. Buy what is good in the price range you can afford and generally ignore the company since you will communicate with them far less than you think. I have contacted DP once to buy a new ASA and they were responsive and helpful. Macdev has always made excellent guns and for a long time their CS was amongst the worst there was.

DP G5:
2. Macroless
3. Raps ASA
Dude, whats your deal with plastic? You completely trashed the Rail in the other thread because of it being a composite frame.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a composite frame. Its light and still has great strength. Its kind of funny that you'd say customer service isnt a big deal.... but make an even bigger deal about what the frame is made out of.

So far, you have managed to call the Rail and the Etha pieces of junk.... when they are in fact great guns and backed by companies with top notch customer support.

Please, stop running your mouth and making ridiculous, blown out of proportion claims.

Last edited by peacob : 12-06-2012 at 11:30 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:52 AM #26
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post

DP G5:
2. Macroless
3. Raps ASA
Please explain exactly whats the problem with the "glass reinforced nylon" parts???

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:15 AM #27
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
Etha pieces of junk.... when they are in fact great guns and backed by companies with top notch customer support.
I think the etha is a piece of junk for an entirely different reason... I think it shoots awful. The etek am, on the other hand, has a composite frame and I think it is a pretty decent gun. The rail isn't terrible either IMO, but I am a huge proponent of used guns and/or minis because I find them to be amazing values.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:43 AM #28
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Please explain exactly whats the problem with the "glass reinforced nylon" parts???
Glass reinforced Nylon is good enough for firearm stocks...just ask any Military or police agency.
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:09 AM #29
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
I think the etha is a piece of junk for an entirely different reason... I think it shoots awful. The etek am, on the other hand, has a composite frame and I think it is a pretty decent gun. The rail isn't terrible either IMO, but I am a huge proponent of used guns and/or minis because I find them to be amazing values.
Thats a lot better reason to dislike a gun than to just completely off the gun as crap because of materials used. There are tons of people that own these guns and enjoy them very much. So to sit here and completely trash talk a gun in front of people who are looking for factual info, can really skew their view on a gun.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 AM #30
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_ILLNatured View Post
Glass reinforced Nylon is good enough for firearm stocks...just ask any Military or police agency.
Oh I know this. I was waiting to hear his reasoning for listing it as a Con.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
Thats a lot better reason to dislike a gun than to just completely off the gun as crap because of materials used. There are tons of people that own these guns and enjoy them very much. So to sit here and completely trash talk a gun in front of people who are looking for factual info, can really skew their view on a gun.

Completely agree. Some people bash the Etha but give no rationale reasoning as to why. Its an entry level marker. Its not a high end. Its not even mid range. It costs less than a Tippmann X7 (another entry level marker) or a Tippmann Crossover but out performs both. Exactly what more are people expecting out of a $350 marker?

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Last edited by Soul06 : 12-07-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 PM #31
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post

Completely agree. Some people bash the Etha but give no rationale reasoning as to why. Its an entry level marker. Its not a high end. Its not even mid range. It costs less than a Tippmann X7 (another entry level marker) or a Tippmann Crossover but out performs both. Exactly what more are people expecting out of a $350 marker?
IMO, to feel and shoot better than a $300 marker (Aura/Proton/PR), which IMO, the Etha feels worse in the hands, trigger is worse than all 3 of those, and shoots significantly less smooth than all 3 of those.

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM #32
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
JC001 plays in the APPA D4 division
Honestly, I have shot pretty much every paintball gun out right now (excluding milsim stuff I don't use that) and the G3/G4 platform always performed pretty well. Dp customer service is not bad either... if your looking at new mid-end I would choose the G5. I always thought the G3 shot very similar to a planet eclipse Geo but without as good of a frame and trigger, which the G5 seems to close that gap moreso then the G4/G3 did. Someone also mentioned the Axe, which I think is a pretty sweet gun for the mid-end market as well.
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:29 PM #33
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
IMO, to feel and shoot better than a $300 marker (Aura/Proton/PR), which IMO, the Etha feels worse in the hands, trigger is worse than all 3 of those, and shoots significantly less smooth than all 3 of those.
Wanting a marker to be better in certain areas doesnt equal "the marker sucks". Thats kind of a child's method of logic; "This one is better than that one so that one must suck".
Etha, for the price, is a good marker. Reliable, lightweight, small profile, good efficiency and consistency. Are there markers that feel better to shoot? Yes. Markers with better triggers? Yes. But that doesn't mean the Etha now sucks.
People really need to get over this idea of "Its either the best or it completely sucks".

But enough of the thread jacking. This thread is supposed to be about the G5

Old 12-07-2012, 04:46 PM #34
NickRowell
Did you read the rules?

NickRowell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NickRowell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NickRowell supports Team VICIOUS
NickRowell supports Team VICIOUS
NickRowell supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILKx
first of all, dont let a few opinions completely throw you away from the gun. I have heard plenty of people in love with their DP guns. g4s dont really have alot of problems and the ones, and for the few that do exist, they are easy fixes. last time i was at my local field i saw 5 g4s at they all loved them. They definitely DO NOT make bad products, most of the people that say they suck are probably the kind that would pay $200 more for a different color. the kind that purposely look for bad things and point them out individually then look at the gun as a whole. i say wait until reviews show up then ask more people on the forum what they think of it. also post this in the versus forum
Wrong . I had a g4, mine couldn't be fixed. Stay away bro

MARQ CLAN
You Know You Want My Rotor!
NickRowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 PM #35
echoscammer
MILF hunt veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRowell View Post
Wrong . I had a g4, mine couldn't be fixed. Stay away bro
i beg to differ, had 3 different G4's and before they left my hands they were shooting well...

its the user, not the gun...
Originally Posted By Paper Cut: " To OP: you are aware that most people who picked the Geo are only picking it since it is made by Eclipse but have no idea that the Geo is actually a Dangerous Power G4"

I own highends but for giggles i shoot THESE
echoscammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 PM #36
l0k1

l0k1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post

Exactly what he said. Stay away from DP!
Agreed DP guns are notorious for having multiple problems. I wouldn't get the proton either I have not heard good things about it. My suggestion would be an Etha, etek, or older ego. Planet eclipse is one of the best companies out there empire (also own invert), bob long, alien and Macdev are also great companies. Stay away from DP
l0k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:37 PM #37
brandooroids
The Gentleman Dandy

I love DP. My mom loves my DP. Actually pretty much everyone I know loves my DP, if they are willing to try give it a go. I have a couple guns and I like to start out with something easier to manage and than move to DP later on. DPs need lubed at least once per session sometimes when I'm using my DP hard, I have to apply lube again before the play session is over. My DP gets dirty at times and you have to stop and clean it. When you clean, you should re-lube.
brandooroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 AM #38
DTMsurf
S.D. CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0k1 View Post
Agreed DP guns are notorious for having multiple problems. I wouldn't get the proton either I have not heard good things about it. My suggestion would be an Etha, etek, or older ego. Planet eclipse is one of the best companies out there empire (also own invert), bob long, alien and Macdev are also great companies. Stay away from DP
You said you have not heard good things about the Proton, can you be more specific? Have you heard of problems, failures, people didnt like the way it shot or is this just feedback from someone who held one in a shop and didnt like the looks? Im curious because if there are problems with them I want know so I can watch out for them. They have ony been out a few months so there really arent many reviews. I have one and it shoots great. Im comparing it to a G6R and a mini. Please be more specific.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:51 AM #39
Paintballer3529

Paintballer3529 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have a g5 and I love it.
Paintballer3529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:57 PM #40
kimbeman
Mr. PUMP

No problems here with a G5 as my main gun. I also have 5 axes and a empire mini. Zero problems and Zero ball breaks.
kimbeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:53 AM #41
zPAV
I'd Verb Her Noun.

My g3 rips. Have had zero problems with it. Oled board and techt bolt engine is the best mods you can buy for it and it shoots just as good as many of the higher end guns I've shot. Don't listen to all these haters...

Sure some dp guns have issues. Big deal? Fix them. 90% of the time it's a simple fix and it's back to shooting ropes.

Zac Paivarinta
zPAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:25 AM #42
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
eatafetus supports our troops
eatafetus plays in the APPA D5 division
eatafetus is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
eatafetus is Legendary
eatafetus supports Empire
G5 trigger is amazing. they refined the G4 exactly where it needed it.

Id say either get the G5, or a used G4 with the techt bolt. Both are rock solid picks.
eatafetus is offline   Reply With Quote