Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 10:47 PM #2101
B BoP
 
 
B BoP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Midlothian ILL
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntheking View Post
Im seriously hoping this rubber trend does not catch on for several reassons:

1. I like the option to put grip on my gun AFTER seeing how it feels without it.

2. Its dirty, not easy to clean, and only looks decent until you use the gun once.

3. I see a lot of Vanquish markers for sale on PBN with beat to hell grips and torn rubber everywhere.

4. If its like the Dye NTs then the rubber will not be very fun to replace (excluding grips)
1. I own a gun with rubber grips. They get less slick and feel way better in your hands than a standard grip.

2. Rubber is not not hard to clean, especially if it's a darker color. White grips is debatable but it really is not hard to clean off rubber grips, like at all.

3. dot.

4. This is the only thing we don't really know, how exactly that rubber is going to come off. HOPEFULLY there is some easy way to remove it, which would also make the cleaning processes slightly easier.

Sincerely early 05er
__________________
Chi-Town Fury
Special thanks to our 2013 sponsors:
Empire Paintball | CPX |CC Paintball
Virtue Paintball
|O'HARE Paintball Park |
B BoP is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 PM #2102
Pakistani
VCU Rams
 
Pakistani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Annual Supporting Member
Pakistani is BST Legit
Pakistani is a Paintball photographer
Pakistani owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Pakistani is an NCPA player
Pakistani supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntheking View Post
well thought out, logical opinions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weroliera View Post
Stfu *****
ah, internet.
__________________
KPS Paintball | VCU Rams | Richmond Rage


Buy my Cubix DM13 Setup!
Buy my Dye DM9!
Buy my Ninja 68/45 Pro!
Pakistani is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 10:49 PM #2103
Weroliera (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntheking View Post
Sorry Sir,

I forgot opinions on a new marker in the news thread were not welcome...


2k'13ers man I swear...
Opinions are overrated!
Take them elsewhere (******,pbriot)
******
Weroliera is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 10:50 PM #2104
enemy master
 
 
enemy master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Jose, CA, Bay area
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntheking View Post
Im seriously hoping this rubber trend does not catch on for several reassons:

1. I like the option to put grip on my gun AFTER seeing how it feels without it.

2. Its dirty, not easy to clean, and only looks decent until you use the gun once.

3. I see a lot of Vanquish markers for sale on PBN with beat to hell grips and torn rubber everywhere.

4. If its like the Dye NTs then the rubber will not be very fun to replace (excluding grips)
your right bro. Plus it makes it look cheap. I said it may look like a 800 gun. After looking again i think 500. Its a ugly luxe
enemy master is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 PM #2105
crowntheking
 
 
crowntheking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: WI
Annual Supporting Member
crowntheking plays in the PSP
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends V
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends VI
crowntheking supports Team VICIOUS
crowntheking is Legendary
crowntheking supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by B BoP View Post
1. I own a gun with rubber grips. They get less slick and feel way better in your hands than a standard grip.

2. Rubber is not not hard to clean, especially if it's a darker color. White grips is debatable but it really is not hard to clean off rubber grips, like at all.

3. dot.

4. This is the only thing we don't really know, how exactly that rubber is going to come off. HOPEFULLY there is some easy way to remove it, which would also make the cleaning processes slightly easier.

Sincerely early 05er
As I agree with your first comment, I have had grips before (rubber) that I have worn down to the point of them being "sticky" like gluey. Not to the point where they are comfortable, and I would hate to have that happen to a gun like this or the EGO LV1, and the grips are hard to replace.
crowntheking is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:06 PM #2106
vesparider
 
 
vesparider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doo Duh!
vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntheking View Post

Ignorant. Comment is ignorant.
It was sarcasm. I guess sarcasm and opinions are not allowed.
__________________
Midwest True Young Gun
Graffiti Paintball
vesparider is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:08 PM #2107
crowntheking
 
 
crowntheking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: WI
Annual Supporting Member
crowntheking plays in the PSP
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends V
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends VI
crowntheking supports Team VICIOUS
crowntheking is Legendary
crowntheking supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesparider View Post
It was sarcasm. I guess sarcasm and opinions are not allowed.
Sarcasm is hard to read on the internet without a or
crowntheking is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:10 PM #2108
vesparider
 
 
vesparider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doo Duh!
vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesparider View Post

It was sarcasm. I guess sarcasm and opinions are not allowed.
Hypocrisy, however is.
__________________
Midwest True Young Gun
Graffiti Paintball
vesparider is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:11 PM #2109
vesparider
 
 
vesparider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doo Duh!
vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
No problem here. Lol iPhone reply doesn't allow smilies.

Watched the video and seen it hinged. First thing I thought of well ok second. My ex was the first.
__________________
Midwest True Young Gun
Graffiti Paintball
vesparider is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:11 PM #2110
B BoP
 
 
B BoP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Midlothian ILL
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntheking View Post
As I agree with your first comment, I have had grips before (rubber) that I have worn down to the point of them being "sticky" like gluey. Not to the point where they are comfortable, and I would hate to have that happen to a gun like this or the EGO LV1, and the grips are hard to replace.
I can see them being worn down because they are, rubber. And hopefully they aren't hard to replace. I just don't get the cleaning thing, it's just like shoe rubber, use a solvent, shoe cleaner, et cetera and boom lookin fresh.
__________________
Chi-Town Fury
Special thanks to our 2013 sponsors:
Empire Paintball | CPX |CC Paintball
Virtue Paintball
|O'HARE Paintball Park |
B BoP is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:11 PM #2111
mass destruction
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weroliera View Post
Opinions are overrated!
Take them elsewhere (******,pbriot)
******
You need to take yourself elsewhere.


Anyways you'd probably need to replace the halves of the foregrip to change the rubber.
mass destruction is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:12 PM #2112
crowntheking
 
 
crowntheking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: WI
Annual Supporting Member
crowntheking plays in the PSP
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends V
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends VI
crowntheking supports Team VICIOUS
crowntheking is Legendary
crowntheking supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by B BoP

I can see them being worn down because they are, rubber. And hopefully they aren't hard to replace. I just don't get the cleaning thing, it's just like shoe rubber, use a solvent, shoe cleaner, et cetera and boom lookin fresh.
Pink paint tends to stain, and I don't see the color inside the grips (red, ect...) staying red very long
crowntheking is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:14 PM #2113
vesparider
 
 
vesparider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doo Duh!
vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
I do agree on the plastic and rubber parts. The NT and jewels were meant for one day of use before they either fell off or wouldn't fit anymore.

Let the aftermarket make the rubber bits for add ons.
__________________
Midwest True Young Gun
Graffiti Paintball
vesparider is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:18 PM #2114
crowntheking
 
 
crowntheking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: WI
Annual Supporting Member
crowntheking plays in the PSP
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends V
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends VI
crowntheking supports Team VICIOUS
crowntheking is Legendary
crowntheking supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesparider View Post
I do agree on the plastic and rubber parts. The NT and jewels were meant for one day of use before they either fell off or wouldn't fit anymore.

Let the aftermarket make the rubber bits for add ons.
Exactly lol, cruise around BST and let me know how many NT10s you find with all jewels still intact lol
crowntheking is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:19 PM #2115
tranman
 
 
tranman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto
 has been a member for 10 years
tranman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tranman owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tranman owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I heard it wont be available until June?!?
tranman is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:20 PM #2116
firefoxx04
Up the Irons
 
firefoxx04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp04 View Post
thats the dynasty vanquish

But seriously, for 1500 you get a luxe with an OLED board a CF freak front with 4 inserts and a few more little features. People are still buying the luxe for 1500 why not this?
the luxe looks better. DLX has not really done much on the engineering side of the luxe sense the 1.0 though. I have seen the Vanquish Core and Empire did change a couple things that will make it better. How much better? Not sure.

I cant get over the looks though and I hate the ASA. My 1.5 that I just sold was great.. Dont see why id shoot one of these over the luxes I have had.


I bet its cocker threaded though.. thats a big plus
firefoxx04 is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 PM #2117
bulzeye
 
 
bulzeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: oregon
bulzeye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp04 View Post
I think it looks great. And I would have no problem owning one. But not at 1500 i'll wait til I can pick it up on BST for 1,000 or less
faster resale price drop than the Vapor is my guess
__________________
Navy/Sky Blue NT11

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
bulzeye is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 PM #2118
vesparider
 
 
vesparider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doo Duh!
vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntheking View Post
Exactly lol, cruise around BST and let me know how many NT10s you find with all jewels still intact lol
See I'm not so ignorant. My sarcasm might be. Lol
__________________
Midwest True Young Gun
Graffiti Paintball
vesparider is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:22 PM #2119
crowntheking
 
 
crowntheking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: WI
Annual Supporting Member
crowntheking plays in the PSP
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends V
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends VI
crowntheking supports Team VICIOUS
crowntheking is Legendary
crowntheking supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranman
I heard it wont be available until June?!?
Hm...where did u hear that? That would be a poor marketing move as everybody would have already bought their guns for the season by that time.
crowntheking is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:23 PM #2120
vesparider
 
 
vesparider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doo Duh!
vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Vapor = the cloud it leaves while depreciating.

One day Ill be able to trade my V1 Mini straight.
__________________
Midwest True Young Gun
Graffiti Paintball
vesparider is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 PM #2121
B BoP
 
 
B BoP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Midlothian ILL
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntheking View Post
Hm...where did u hear that? That would be a poor marketing move as everybody would have already bought their guns for the season by that time.
It's sometime in March, for sure.
__________________
Chi-Town Fury
Special thanks to our 2013 sponsors:
Empire Paintball | CPX |CC Paintball
Virtue Paintball
|O'HARE Paintball Park |
B BoP is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump