Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 PM #43
Boom Master
Scenario Player
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St. Louis MO, USA, EARTH
Seen some stuff over 20 years. Most serious was a close range shot right on the adams apple. Tournament player bunkering a guy behind a culvert. The guy in the culvert rolled to the side. When the tournament guy went over the top. didn't see him and raised his head exposing his throat. Bang from 6 feet. The guy couldn't breathe. Nail bed and lips turning blue gray. Looking like a fish drowning in air. 911 showed up and got some O2 on him and he pinked up nicely and went to the ER and was released. I went out and bought neck protection for my 2 boys and myself.

Scenario game, guy decided to run up on top of a series of tree trunks and jump over them. Missed his footing, leg inbetween to logs going at a full run, SNAP!, screaming, broken leg. Not good.

Local Rec Field. Daddy brought the oldest out to play paintball on his 12th birthday. Probably fudged a year or TWO about his younger brother being 10 1/2. The kids were hyped up and talking trash to us. Really funny. First game, the horn blows. All three of them jump up on top of the birm they were supposed to be using for cover and started Rambo style shooting from the hip. About 2 seconds later they were wearing about 80 paintballs. The youngest was stinging from a LOT of hits, gogged, and couldn't see a thing. So he lifts his mask and is crying. Then he sees about 8 of us running at him screaming MASK OFF Cease Fire! The poor kid thought we were going to kill him. Tears turned into absolute TERROR as we swarmed him to protect him. No injury but they were not having a good time. Dad and the boys went to play all by themselves with a ref and wound up having a good time.

Scenario game. APC just dropped 10 players right behind us with not much cover for them. I am in a pallet bunker with our GENERAL. Needless to say, we had a fire fight on our hands. So right in the middle of it two dead guys walk right though the fire fight. When they get exactly in between us, they SLOOooow Down and shield their guys with their bodies. We are screaming for them to get out of the line of fire. They don't move and their guys kept on firing so we resume the fight. So they got hit and took exception to it. So they come running at us. One guy jump and kicks in the bunker on top of our General with both feet and the other guy tries to stick his barrel under my mask. I grabbed the barrel and pulled it down. About .3 seconds later, this huge body tackles this guy and moves him back about 10 feet in the air and lands on TOP of him not so gently. His football coach would be so proud. The Ref, didn't like their behavior on HIS field. They were both ejected from the game. That Ref got our teams vote for Best Ref.

Scenario Game with a heat index of 110. 95 degrees and high humidity. Field was basically a FARM with 3 foot tall hay fields between wooded draws. Not a bunker on the whole field. Very hilly. All up and down.

Several players went down with dehydration before noon. One boy, then his Dad, then his other boy. and a couple of others. They decided to have a mandatory lunch and hydration break and a body count. They were really concerned that some one could be down out in that grass or woods that we didn't know about. Had two people that other people knew were playing but couldn't find. The search started. Hour later they come back from going to town to get lunch. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

You would think after that people would LISTEN to the guy about staying hydrated and knowing the signs and symptoms of dehydration and heat stroke. He was giving away his bottled water. No charge. Another two went down that afternoon and had to be carried off the field. In retrospect, it was a bad idea NOT to postpone the game in that kind of heat. Still, that was a hard decision to make with people driving a long ways to play that weekend.

OK D Day many years ago. Night game. Allied Base being almost over run. Kid up in a tower. Like 20 foot high tower. Got hit, called himself out and was trying to climb down the ladder. Some guys thought it would be fun to just keep shooting the kid. He was screaming he was out. lost his footing and fell a good distance. They cheered and laughed. He did NOT get up. I was more that pissed that they did not suspend the game until that kid was attended to. He wound up in the hospital. Now days, the don't have towers and ladders anymore. I wonder why? That was the last time OK D Day was graced with my wallet too.
__________________
Carefully planned irresponsibility is the KEY to mental health.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 PM #44
Octagonalized
#12 SKPB
 
Octagonalized's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Octagonalized supports Team VICIOUS
Octagonalized supports Team VICIOUS
Octagonalized has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Octagonalized has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Octagonalized has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
Worst situation for me: Going to surrender a young kid I was on the opposite side of the bunker he was in. I knew he was there, he did not know I was there. I went over the top to surrender him thinking I'd be nice because he was like 10 and obviously new and he whipped his gun up and hit me in the face with it while wildly shooting. He came very close to shooting me under my mask and also managed to flip my mask partly off with his barrel. I'm really surprised I didn't lose any teeth or eyes.

I've decided everyone from now on is getting bunkered.

Worst thing I saw a ref had to deal with was an annoying 12 year old kid in head-to-toe Dye C12 gear with a DM12 and all that walk out the back of a field at the start of the game, crawl under the net, walk all the way around the parking lot, and crawl back under the net on the opposing team's side where he promptly shot them all in the back. They kicked him out but because of his stupidity the owner had a real fun time trying to calm down the large group on the other team who was not very happy about the shenanigans. I think they all left. Was like 10 people.
Those both suck. Especially the field must be mad at the one kid who made people leave.
__________________
SCOTTSDALE KINGS #12
TEXAS BORN

HOUSTON
HEAT
Octagonalized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 PM #45
Octagonalized
#12 SKPB
 
Octagonalized's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Octagonalized supports Team VICIOUS
Octagonalized supports Team VICIOUS
Octagonalized has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Octagonalized has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Octagonalized has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
Seen some stuff over 20 years. Most serious was a close range shot right on the adams apple. Tournament player bunkering a guy behind a culvert. The guy in the culvert rolled to the side. When the tournament guy went over the top. didn't see him and raised his head exposing his throat. Bang from 6 feet. The guy couldn't breathe. Nail bed and lips turning blue gray. Looking like a fish drowning in air. 911 showed up and got some O2 on him and he pinked up nicely and went to the ER and was released. I went out and bought neck protection for my 2 boys and myself.

Scenario game, guy decided to run up on top of a series of tree trunks and jump over them. Missed his footing, leg inbetween to logs going at a full run, SNAP!, screaming, broken leg. Not good.

Local Rec Field. Daddy brought the oldest out to play paintball on his 12th birthday. Probably fudged a year or TWO about his younger brother being 10 1/2. The kids were hyped up and talking trash to us. Really funny. First game, the horn blows. All three of them jump up on top of the birm they were supposed to be using for cover and started Rambo style shooting from the hip. About 2 seconds later they were wearing about 80 paintballs. The youngest was stinging from a LOT of hits, gogged, and couldn't see a thing. So he lifts his mask and is crying. Then he sees about 8 of us running at him screaming MASK OFF Cease Fire! The poor kid thought we were going to kill him. Tears turned into absolute TERROR as we swarmed him to protect him. No injury but they were not having a good time. Dad and the boys went to play all by themselves with a ref and wound up having a good time.

Scenario game. APC just dropped 10 players right behind us with not much cover for them. I am in a pallet bunker with our GENERAL. Needless to say, we had a fire fight on our hands. So right in the middle of it two dead guys walk right though the fire fight. When they get exactly in between us, they SLOOooow Down and shield their guys with their bodies. We are screaming for them to get out of the line of fire. They don't move and their guys kept on firing so we resume the fight. So they got hit and took exception to it. So they come running at us. One guy jump and kicks in the bunker on top of our General with both feet and the other guy tries to stick his barrel under my mask. I grabbed the barrel and pulled it down. About .3 seconds later, this huge body tackles this guy and moves him back about 10 feet in the air and lands on TOP of him not so gently. His football coach would be so proud. The Ref, didn't like their behavior on HIS field. They were both ejected from the game. That Ref got our teams vote for Best Ref.

Scenario Game with a heat index of 110. 95 degrees and high humidity. Field was basically a FARM with 3 foot tall hay fields between wooded draws. Not a bunker on the whole field. Very hilly. All up and down.

Several players went down with dehydration before noon. One boy, then his Dad, then his other boy. and a couple of others. They decided to have a mandatory lunch and hydration break and a body count. They were really concerned that some one could be down out in that grass or woods that we didn't know about. Had two people that other people knew were playing but couldn't find. The search started. Hour later they come back from going to town to get lunch. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

You would think after that people would LISTEN to the guy about staying hydrated and knowing the signs and symptoms of dehydration and heat stroke. He was giving away his bottled water. No charge. Another two went down that afternoon and had to be carried off the field. In retrospect, it was a bad idea NOT to postpone the game in that kind of heat. Still, that was a hard decision to make with people driving a long ways to play that weekend.

OK D Day many years ago. Night game. Allied Base being almost over run. Kid up in a tower. Like 20 foot high tower. Got hit, called himself out and was trying to climb down the ladder. Some guys thought it would be fun to just keep shooting the kid. He was screaming he was out. lost his footing and fell a good distance. They cheered and laughed. He did NOT get up. I was more that pissed that they did not suspend the game until that kid was attended to. He wound up in the hospital. Now days, the don't have towers and ladders anymore. I wonder why? That was the last time OK D Day was graced with my wallet too.
Sounds like the people shooting the kid were stupid.
__________________
SCOTTSDALE KINGS #12
TEXAS BORN

HOUSTON
HEAT
Octagonalized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:44 PM #46
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa
 
mexi ca40k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Vancouver
mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
Saw a dumb rental guy shoot a part of his tongue off when he pretended to shoot itself in the mouth, he was spitting blood out for the rest of the day.
__________________
Pump play is the only way.
Half-Block Cocker
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...493&highlight=
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:13 PM #47
xXhunter47Xx
 
 
xXhunter47Xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
xXhunter47Xx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xXhunter47Xx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Definitely the worst thing I've seen was a rental kid taking his mask off on field and not realizing that the markers were still live, got one right between the eyes.

Luckily I think the park informed us he only fractured it after medical help came, but holy hell that must've been scary for that kid.
__________________
Give me gun for my gun!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3980935
xXhunter47Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 PM #48
Sirriko
WAKA WAKA
 
Sirriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Great White North
Annual Supporting Member
Sirriko is playing at Living Legends VI
Sirriko owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sirriko supports Team VICIOUS
Sirriko supports Team VICIOUS
Sirriko posts videos on PbNation
Sirriko has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm pretty sure EVERYONE who plays speedball a lot would have encountered this but here's my story (happens about every month):

I love being a back player, it just fits me as I'm like 6 foot 4 and 250 pounds.... Anyways I was the last guy left, and I re-placed myself at the back right tower, allowing myself to acquire a better range of the field decreasing the chance of me being blind sided. So anyways, 2 guys were left on the other team, one at the mid snake right across of me and another to my left who I could sense was slowly moving up to me. So I get into this snap battle with the guy in the snake and take him out in the podpack, thank god he felt it as he called himself out. As soon as I got him out I wrapped around the bunker to get the guy doing a suicide run at me, I nail him in the side about 5 times before he even makes it to me on the other side of my bunk, but he just keeps on running and decides to shoot me out even though I got him first. Then he claims he got me first and the REF sides with him..... I didn't even care at that point because it's not worth my time to argue with an arse hole about "who got who"....

The worst part is when he started boasting about his "mad skillz" after that game and telling people I had no chance. If the REF really was doing his job instead of talking to people on the side lines all would end well...

*sigh*
__________________
I used to be a professional paintball player, then I took a paintball to the knee...


Canadian eh? Would you like a donut?
Sirriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:07 AM #49
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
Worst situation for me: Going to surrender a young kid I was on the opposite side of the bunker he was in. I knew he was there, he did not know I was there. I went over the top to surrender him thinking I'd be nice because he was like 10 and obviously new and he whipped his gun up and hit me in the face with it while wildly shooting. He came very close to shooting me under my mask and also managed to flip my mask partly off with his barrel. I'm really surprised I didn't lose any teeth or eyes.

I've decided everyone from now on is getting bunkered.

Worst thing I saw a ref had to deal with was an annoying 12 year old kid in head-to-toe Dye C12 gear with a DM12 and all that walk out the back of a field at the start of the game, crawl under the net, walk all the way around the parking lot, and crawl back under the net on the opposing team's side where he promptly shot them all in the back. They kicked him out but because of his stupidity the owner had a real fun time trying to calm down the large group on the other team who was not very happy about the shenanigans. I think they all left. Was like 10 people.
Yea both of those situations are terrible. I would strangle the second kid if he did that to me lol jk jk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
Watching a guy break his knee cap sliding into a bunker during my first tourney. He had to be carted away in an ambulance.
Yea saw a guy dislocate his finger when he decided to superman dive palm down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
Seen some stuff over 20 years. Most serious was a close range shot right on the adams apple. Tournament player bunkering a guy behind a culvert. The guy in the culvert rolled to the side. When the tournament guy went over the top. didn't see him and raised his head exposing his throat. Bang from 6 feet. The guy couldn't breathe. Nail bed and lips turning blue gray. Looking like a fish drowning in air. 911 showed up and got some O2 on him and he pinked up nicely and went to the ER and was released. I went out and bought neck protection for my 2 boys and myself.

Scenario game, guy decided to run up on top of a series of tree trunks and jump over them. Missed his footing, leg inbetween to logs going at a full run, SNAP!, screaming, broken leg. Not good.

Local Rec Field. Daddy brought the oldest out to play paintball on his 12th birthday. Probably fudged a year or TWO about his younger brother being 10 1/2. The kids were hyped up and talking trash to us. Really funny. First game, the horn blows. All three of them jump up on top of the birm they were supposed to be using for cover and started Rambo style shooting from the hip. About 2 seconds later they were wearing about 80 paintballs. The youngest was stinging from a LOT of hits, gogged, and couldn't see a thing. So he lifts his mask and is crying. Then he sees about 8 of us running at him screaming MASK OFF Cease Fire! The poor kid thought we were going to kill him. Tears turned into absolute TERROR as we swarmed him to protect him. No injury but they were not having a good time. Dad and the boys went to play all by themselves with a ref and wound up having a good time.

Scenario game. APC just dropped 10 players right behind us with not much cover for them. I am in a pallet bunker with our GENERAL. Needless to say, we had a fire fight on our hands. So right in the middle of it two dead guys walk right though the fire fight. When they get exactly in between us, they SLOOooow Down and shield their guys with their bodies. We are screaming for them to get out of the line of fire. They don't move and their guys kept on firing so we resume the fight. So they got hit and took exception to it. So they come running at us. One guy jump and kicks in the bunker on top of our General with both feet and the other guy tries to stick his barrel under my mask. I grabbed the barrel and pulled it down. About .3 seconds later, this huge body tackles this guy and moves him back about 10 feet in the air and lands on TOP of him not so gently. His football coach would be so proud. The Ref, didn't like their behavior on HIS field. They were both ejected from the game. That Ref got our teams vote for Best Ref.

Scenario Game with a heat index of 110. 95 degrees and high humidity. Field was basically a FARM with 3 foot tall hay fields between wooded draws. Not a bunker on the whole field. Very hilly. All up and down.

Several players went down with dehydration before noon. One boy, then his Dad, then his other boy. and a couple of others. They decided to have a mandatory lunch and hydration break and a body count. They were really concerned that some one could be down out in that grass or woods that we didn't know about. Had two people that other people knew were playing but couldn't find. The search started. Hour later they come back from going to town to get lunch. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

You would think after that people would LISTEN to the guy about staying hydrated and knowing the signs and symptoms of dehydration and heat stroke. He was giving away his bottled water. No charge. Another two went down that afternoon and had to be carried off the field. In retrospect, it was a bad idea NOT to postpone the game in that kind of heat. Still, that was a hard decision to make with people driving a long ways to play that weekend.

OK D Day many years ago. Night game. Allied Base being almost over run. Kid up in a tower. Like 20 foot high tower. Got hit, called himself out and was trying to climb down the ladder. Some guys thought it would be fun to just keep shooting the kid. He was screaming he was out. lost his footing and fell a good distance. They cheered and laughed. He did NOT get up. I was more that pissed that they did not suspend the game until that kid was attended to. He wound up in the hospital. Now days, the don't have towers and ladders anymore. I wonder why? That was the last time OK D Day was graced with my wallet too.
I kind of laughed about the kids and dad getting lit up lol. And I feel terrible about that last kid at Oklahoma D-Day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexi ca40k View Post
Saw a dumb rental guy shoot a part of his tongue off when he pretended to shoot itself in the mouth, he was spitting blood out for the rest of the day.
Wow, stupid is as stupid does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXhunter47Xx View Post
Definitely the worst thing I've seen was a rental kid taking his mask off on field and not realizing that the markers were still live, got one right between the eyes.

Luckily I think the park informed us he only fractured it after medical help came, but holy hell that must've been scary for that kid.
That's why I stress not to lift masks so much in the safety briefing and then it amazes me when I see someone go out and lift their mask in the middle of a game, after I just explained to them what would happen if they lifted their mask. Guess some people don't care about their eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirriko View Post
I'm pretty sure EVERYONE who plays speedball a lot would have encountered this but here's my story (happens about every month):

I love being a back player, it just fits me as I'm like 6 foot 4 and 250 pounds.... Anyways I was the last guy left, and I re-placed myself at the back right tower, allowing myself to acquire a better range of the field decreasing the chance of me being blind sided. So anyways, 2 guys were left on the other team, one at the mid snake right across of me and another to my left who I could sense was slowly moving up to me. So I get into this snap battle with the guy in the snake and take him out in the podpack, thank god he felt it as he called himself out. As soon as I got him out I wrapped around the bunker to get the guy doing a suicide run at me, I nail him in the side about 5 times before he even makes it to me on the other side of my bunk, but he just keeps on running and decides to shoot me out even though I got him first. Then he claims he got me first and the REF sides with him..... I didn't even care at that point because it's not worth my time to argue with an arse hole about "who got who"....

The worst part is when he started boasting about his "mad skillz" after that game and telling people I had no chance. If the REF really was doing his job instead of talking to people on the side lines all would end well...

*sigh*
Yep, that happens a lot in speedball. Got to make sure the ref is paying attention, because if not, he will never know who got who first.
__________________
2656 Porter Road
Bear, Delaware
19701
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:53 AM #50
Kbug
Dookie
 
Kbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Misawa, Japan
Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
I was playing at a scenario several years ago at Pearl River Paintball (before they closed down). Basically, some idiot took his 400+ fps shooting Tippmann "sniper" on the field and hit a girl in the hand from very close range. Her whole hand swelled up like a ballon and was completely purple. Needless to say, she got taken to the hospital.
Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 AM #51
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat
 
Rancid1845's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Monmouth County NJ
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Rancid1845 is playing at Living Legends VI
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D5 division
Rancid1845 supports Empire
Worked at Fireball Mountain in NJ for a while in Highschool. Anyways, there was this one back field that we rarely took people too. (Everyone wanted to play the castle instead) This one summer unbeknownst to myself or anyone else the entire back field was made "home" by ground wasps. I must have stepped on the mother of nests because before I knew it there were hundreds of wasps flying around me, a dozen or so even made it underneath my hoodie. It must have been very funny to see the ref that stressed keeping your face mask on during orientation suddenly strip half naked, tare his mask off, and run around yelling his head off in the middle of a game.


I went back to that field later in the day and doused those effers with gasoline. I can still remember the mac-scientist laugh that escaped my mouth while killing thousands of those bastards.
__________________

T2 TOPGUN UNION
TOPGUN HOSTILE TAKEOVER
If it Shoots its "the ****"
Rancid1845 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 AM #52
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbug View Post
I was playing at a scenario several years ago at Pearl River Paintball (before they closed down). Basically, some idiot took his 400+ fps shooting Tippmann "sniper" on the field and hit a girl in the hand from very close range. Her whole hand swelled up like a ballon and was completely purple. Needless to say, she got taken to the hospital.
Yep it's people like that that deter people away from the sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid1845 View Post
Worked at Fireball Mountain in NJ for a while in Highschool. Anyways, there was this one back field that we rarely took people too. (Everyone wanted to play the castle instead) This one summer unbeknownst to myself or anyone else the entire back field was made "home" by ground wasps. I must have stepped on the mother of nests because before I knew it there were hundreds of wasps flying around me, a dozen or so even made it underneath my hoodie. It must have been very funny to see the ref that stressed keeping your face mask on during orientation suddenly strip half naked, tare his mask off, and run around yelling his head off in the middle of a game.


I went back to that field later in the day and doused those effers with gasoline. I can still remember the mac-scientist laugh that escaped my mouth while killing thousands of those bastards.
Wow that's hilarious lol.
__________________
2656 Porter Road
Bear, Delaware
19701
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:13 PM #53
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
If a player purposely hits me like that as a referee, I'd instantly throw him out
Not my call, sadly, or else I would have. The guy was so damn cocky too, even told me that he could beat me easy because he knew how to play paintball.... He tried to commando roll into dorito... I lol'd.
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 PM #54
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Not my call, sadly, or else I would have. The guy was so damn cocky too, even told me that he could beat me easy because he knew how to play paintball.... He tried to commando roll into dorito... I lol'd.
Yea, I mean the referee has the ultimate power and last say on calls, so if people don't like it, oh well, they have to deal with it haha.
__________________
2656 Porter Road
Bear, Delaware
19701
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:41 PM #55
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Yea, I mean the referee has the ultimate power and last say on calls, so if people don't like it, oh well, they have to deal with it haha.
Only problem is that I'm the only employee and the field owner is VERY forgiving (which has worked in my favor a few times when I've been excessively lit up in practice and dropped an F bomb that can be heard from 200+ feet away right before I threw my marker).
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 PM #56
MrLittlerSmith
Should Be Doing Homework
 
MrLittlerSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Missouri
MrLittlerSmith has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This was kindof funny, but what the heck. It was during a summer, which here in StLouis can get up over 100 deg. It was about 90, and dry as hell. Some recballer decided to throw one of his brand new smoke grenades down field, and actually ended up catching the grass on fire! It was pretty hilarious watching a field full of people sprinting to a cloud a smoke and trying to stomp out the flame
__________________

"Originally posted by DB-1071: "Pump players are the first ones I shoot in open play rec-ball, those guys are sneaky bastards!!!"
MrLittlerSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:50 PM #57
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLittlerSmith View Post
This was kindof funny, but what the heck. It was during a summer, which here in StLouis can get up over 100 deg. It was about 90, and dry as hell. Some recballer decided to throw one of his brand new smoke grenades down field, and actually ended up catching the grass on fire! It was pretty hilarious watching a field full of people sprinting to a cloud a smoke and trying to stomp out the flame
Had that happened a few times at D-Day. Can you imagine the refs trying to make 5,000 players stop shooting to put out a couple of fires? lol
__________________
2656 Porter Road
Bear, Delaware
19701
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:50 AM #58
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!
 
o5pr3y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vallejo, CA
Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Never had anything really bad happen while playing, but reffing you get the occasional jerk.

We had this couple come out a few months back, and the gf was shot during a run through. She was maybe 15ish ft away from the player doing the run through, but he did overshoot her a bit. I pulled the guy aside and told him to calm down on the trigger against the rentals. He apologized to myself and her, and we got ready to start the next game. Well the BF wasn't seeing it that way.

He started trying to act tough in front of her and trying to start a fight. I pulled him aside and gave him the option of playing the next gaem or going home. He went to the starting box to his friends, mumbling all the way. While I was helping a kid with his goggles behind a bunker, I overheard the bf say to his friends "He's the one in the brown shirt. If we don't get him here, then let's find him in the parking lot". I popped my head around the bunker and said "Excuse me?! What did you just say? I know I didn't hear what I thought I heard." I told him to leave any aggression he has on the field, and told him that 3 of the players today happen to be local PD, and I'm a Navy cop myself. If he tried anything it would end badly, and only for him.

It didn't extend past that, but we did catch him passing dirty glances at the guy who shot his girl all day.
__________________
Northern California PB Thefts: An always updating record of all the stolen gear in Nor*Cal
http://www.airrixpaintball.com/


NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // Angel Speed 05 FST // Both with extras!
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:25 AM #59
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y View Post
Never had anything really bad happen while playing, but reffing you get the occasional jerk.

We had this couple come out a few months back, and the gf was shot during a run through. She was maybe 15ish ft away from the player doing the run through, but he did overshoot her a bit. I pulled the guy aside and told him to calm down on the trigger against the rentals. He apologized to myself and her, and we got ready to start the next game. Well the BF wasn't seeing it that way.

He started trying to act tough in front of her and trying to start a fight. I pulled him aside and gave him the option of playing the next gaem or going home. He went to the starting box to his friends, mumbling all the way. While I was helping a kid with his goggles behind a bunker, I overheard the bf say to his friends "He's the one in the brown shirt. If we don't get him here, then let's find him in the parking lot". I popped my head around the bunker and said "Excuse me?! What did you just say? I know I didn't hear what I thought I heard." I told him to leave any aggression he has on the field, and told him that 3 of the players today happen to be local PD, and I'm a Navy cop myself. If he tried anything it would end badly, and only for him.

It didn't extend past that, but we did catch him passing dirty glances at the guy who shot his girl all day.
Yea I mean it's paintball, so if they don't like getting shot, don't play, and if I'm shooting at someone, and they're still running towards me without calling themselves out, then I will continue to shoot them. I hate people who try to cause fights over getting shot a few extra times.
__________________
2656 Porter Road
Bear, Delaware
19701
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:51 AM #60
WildWayz
The Moose God
 
WildWayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UK
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Usual stuff...

When marshalling, a rental player removed mask - we had a policy where if someone did that, you get their face down into the mud ASAP until we can stop the game and he puts his mask on.

Another guy with I4s in a scenario game where his lens fell out mid game. I threw my shirt over his head, told him to put his head down and walking him out 'blind' as there were no marshals to end the game.


Now stupid things I have done.

Back in 2006 when I played tourny paintball... my ex son in law had his cocker in the safe area, loaded and with no barrel sock on.
I went to move it off the bench and put a sock on it when it went off and shot me at point blank in the knob.
I was not happy.


A legendary thing happened last weekend... we were having a team photo taken at a walk on day and one of the regulars thought it would be funny to run across in front with his pants down so the photographer took a photo of his arse.

Was funny, but what happened next was funnier! He didn't realise that the steel shipping container's door was open, so he ran full pelt into the side of the door, knocked himself out with his pants down.

We all laughed like mad... then realised he was KO'd... laughed some more as we got the medic. Thankfully he was OK - little embarrassed though

Best part is, all this was captured on camera
__________________
For Freelance 3D Rendering Services, Manual Writing Service or Setting Up Support Ticket Systems visit here: My Services Thread
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:34 AM #61
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
Usual stuff...

When marshalling, a rental player removed mask - we had a policy where if someone did that, you get their face down into the mud ASAP until we can stop the game and he puts his mask on.

Another guy with I4s in a scenario game where his lens fell out mid game. I threw my shirt over his head, told him to put his head down and walking him out 'blind' as there were no marshals to end the game.


Now stupid things I have done.

Back in 2006 when I played tourny paintball... my ex son in law had his cocker in the safe area, loaded and with no barrel sock on.
I went to move it off the bench and put a sock on it when it went off and shot me at point blank in the knob.
I was not happy.


A legendary thing happened last weekend... we were having a team photo taken at a walk on day and one of the regulars thought it would be funny to run across in front with his pants down so the photographer took a photo of his arse.

Was funny, but what happened next was funnier! He didn't realise that the steel shipping container's door was open, so he ran full pelt into the side of the door, knocked himself out with his pants down.

We all laughed like mad... then realised he was KO'd... laughed some more as we got the medic. Thankfully he was OK - little embarrassed though

Best part is, all this was captured on camera
Lol pictures or it didn't happen!
__________________
2656 Porter Road
Bear, Delaware
19701
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:25 AM #62
WildWayz
The Moose God
 
WildWayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UK
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Lol pictures or it didn't happen!
Here you go Don't have the actual impact caught, just the lead up and just after (photos were being taken of the team )













__________________
For Freelance 3D Rendering Services, Manual Writing Service or Setting Up Support Ticket Systems visit here: My Services Thread
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:07 PM #63
Boom Master
Scenario Player
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St. Louis MO, USA, EARTH
Oh, I forgot the story about "The Twins". My local field. Mom would drop the 13 year old twins off at 10:00 in her Mercedes Sedan dressed to go out to lunch and shopping all afternoon with the girls. They were fashionably dressed with the best of everything including $1000 markers each and money for two cases of paint EACH. They were spray and pray players.

They would refuse to call themselves out, they would argue with the ref and ignore him calling them out. They would just refuse to play the game. Week followed week. The owner talked to the kids over and over. Said OK and continued not calling themselves out. We all got tired of it. Complaining didn't work. They let them continue to play. Good paying regular customers every week.

So we were playing rec ball and the game was over except for the twin that refused to call themselves out. The field had 4' diameter concrete drainage pipes arranged and covered with dirt for a birm. One of the twins was in a culvert and I was in the one 90 degrees to it. He was right around the corner about 4 feet away. My boy had a direct line of site and had hit him several times. Screaming that he was hit. The ref was right there looking at me. What do you do? I point my hand like a gun and fire it with my thumb in the twins direction. He nods yes to me....

Now I have to admit I stepped into the gutter with him. Field justice is not OK in paintball. That was the lesson I learned that day. Last time any of us did that.

So I just went around the corner and lit him up and didn't stop. Kept asking over and over again, "are you out yet?" "are you out yet?" "are you out yet?" "are you out yet?" and emptied my hopper on him. My son did the same from his position. Following my bad example.

I went and told the owner what I did and that I got the nod from the ref before I did it. Told him I shouldn't have done it and were leaving for the day. It was late in the day anyway. As we packed up Mom shows up and her baby boy runs to her and pulls up his jersey., all teary eyes and tattling on me. I see this OH MY GOD! expression on her face and started packing a little faster.... She's can afford a lawyer if she isn't married to one. The owner was watching too and walked over to talk to her and the twins. Talking as we left.

Later, he told me that he explained to her that the twins are chronic ignoring the rules. Turns out he had talked to mom and the twins before about the same subject and Mom agreed with the twins that they did no such thing. He told her it would be a good idea if they didn't play here for a while. The other players had had their fill and were gunning for them. This is what happens when you don't follow the rules, you ignore the refs, and the management. Things get out of hand and it has to stop before somebody gets hurt. He asked them to not come back for a month to let things calm down and if they argued with a ref again, they would be banned from playing there. That was the last time we saw the twins. Hopefully they found the other field in town where the refs play for free and have an understanding that they never call the other refs out. It thankfully went out of business.
__________________
Carefully planned irresponsibility is the KEY to mental health.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 02-28-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump