Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-15-2013, 01:40 AM #22
purple crayon

Alright well I have a meeting with the financial aid office tomorrow. I find nursing interesting because i'll be able to help people which is motivating for me. The criteria isn't that bad either. Just depends on what type of nurse I plan on going for is my next choice. My price range isn't a lot, less than three grand is all I have for school. We will see what happens tomorrow then i'll come back here and post the news.
purple crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:17 PM #23
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Good luck! Make sure you get a full list of available scholarships, including any that aren't directly through the school. They don't have to be big to make a difference, and not all of them require stellar grades to qualify.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM #24
DJ Bob (Banned)

have you considered being a DJ?
DJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 PM #25
purple crayon

lol thats a hobby bro I highly doubt I will make it as a dj.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:41 PM #26
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple crayon View Post
lol thats a hobby bro I highly doubt I will make it as a dj.
With that attitude your right

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:34 AM #27
purple crayon

Well I was reading an article that most high end dj's do more then produce / mix well. Not sure how to interpret that, but i'm assuming they aren't the nicest people deep down under. If I can just dj for the love of dj'ing and make people happy, well then I will do that. I'm a underground type of guy. I don't see myself making it big mainstream wise. Hopefully I can dj at the events that I like attending.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 AM #28
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Well I was reading an article that most high end dj's do more then produce / mix well. Not sure how to interpret that, but i'm assuming they aren't the nicest people deep down under. If I can just dj for the love of dj'ing and make people happy, well then I will do that. I'm a underground type of guy. I don't see myself making it big mainstream wise. Hopefully I can dj at the events that I like attending.
You also need to be a people person comming up .
Also laying down dirty filthy beats never hurts

Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 PM #29
purple crayon

This is true, you know my sound cloud. Show some love, listen to my mixes stay around and support the music if you enjoy. You dj? I've seen your post in the music forum.

https://soundcloud.com/house-productions
Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 PM #30
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
This is true, you know my sound cloud. Show some love, listen to my mixes stay around and support the music if you enjoy. You dj? I've seen your post in the music forum.

https://soundcloud.com/house-productions
No though i am pretty into clubbing and know a lot of people in the NYC scene. 3 really close elementary and middle school friends are DJs full time. One makes at least 70 a year and he has 4 residencies a week . And the other nights he does other places . He isn't great but he is an amazing people person hard worker and really nice . My close friends step brother just got a small 30k contract to work for some producer . I also know a ton of ****s who dance at places bartenders and doormen / guys from the gym who lift . I also know a few high profile DJs who know me on a first name basis (one I met snorkeling in mexico ) but no I'm not in the business . I always wanted to give it a shot maybe on the side but my primary job is pretty time consuming .

Not a bad soundcloud man

Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 PM #31
purple crayon

Thanks dude I need to meet more people that can help benefit my dj career. But my nerdy look doesn't help. lol
Old 02-21-2013, 11:50 AM #32
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Look at skrillex a nerdy drug addict gone pro . You can do anything you set your mind to

Old 02-21-2013, 12:23 PM #33
dapope12
drink my holy water

dapope12 plays in the PSP
dapope12 helped look for balloons
dapope12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dapope12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dapope12 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
Good luck! Make sure you get a full list of available scholarships, including any that aren't directly through the school. They don't have to be big to make a difference, and not all of them require stellar grades to qualify.
any money helps, there are tons of scholarships for $200-$500 that no one applies for. a kid from my high school got over $150,000 in scholarships and he graduated with a less than a 3.0 and most of the scholarships he got were $300-$500 and all he head to do was write an essay. easy money and you can spend it on what ever you want.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:16 PM #34
JC Nor7
after hours

Quote:
I just received my g.e.d and now want to attend college. Was wondering what jobs are in high demand and what are some classes I should take? And since my parents don't make lots of money where do I apply for grants?
any job that can't be outsourced pretty much.

i went down the path of paralegal, personally.
JC Nor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:45 PM #35
purple crayon

Thinking about taking a ASVAB course at the community college and maybe joining the forces.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:38 AM #36
mclovin69
MERICA

mclovin69 is BST Trusted
mclovin69 is playing at Living Legends VI
mclovin69 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mclovin69 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mclovin69 supports Team VICIOUS
mclovin69 supports Team VICIOUS
mclovin69 is Legendary
anyone go to nebraska?
SPG
mclovin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:16 PM #37
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:
Thinking about taking a ASVAB course at the community college and maybe joining the forces.
i assume being a combat medic would make nursing school a breeze

It really is hard deciding what you want to do while figuring out how youll make money doing it. I started as pre-pharmacy because $100k starting to work at the wal-greens down the street was too attractive. But money isnt a great motivator, i had to switch out of that. Next was environmental science, but i wanted to get paid, not get a degree in being a hippy. Now im a geology major and i really do love it. challenging stuff for sure, but employment looks good and grad school options are plentiful (nobody is a geologist, so the few places that do need them, need them).

Good luck with whatever you choose, if nursing isnt your thing, look into being a medical technician. I hear x-ray techs make good money, and i know pharm-techs are in high demand, pay ~$15/hr for no schooling
Old 03-10-2013, 11:33 PM #38
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Don't worry about being behind in math. I almost didn't get accepted into a community college because I did so poorly on the math placement part. I had to take elementary algebra in college. Now I'm at a university getting an A in calculus. Just some motivation.
paintballh00dlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:07 PM #39
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballh00dlum View Post
Don't worry about being behind in math. I almost didn't get accepted into a community college because I did so poorly on the math placement part. I had to take elementary algebra in college. Now I'm at a university getting an A in calculus. Just some motivation.
i love when people say stuff like this, it really is motivational.

i absolutely DESPISED spanish in highschool/middleschool. i had to retake spanish I and dropped 3 a few days into class. Found out i had to take spanish again in college, ended up liking it so much im minoring in it now.

Also i know some hospitals that are offering to pay for nursing school if you agree to work for them for a certain number of years (10 yrs iirc)
Old 03-17-2013, 06:55 PM #40
purple crayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post
i assume being a combat medic would make nursing school a breeze

It really is hard deciding what you want to do while figuring out how youll make money doing it. I started as pre-pharmacy because $100k starting to work at the wal-greens down the street was too attractive. But money isnt a great motivator, i had to switch out of that. Next was environmental science, but i wanted to get paid, not get a degree in being a hippy. Now im a geology major and i really do love it. challenging stuff for sure, but employment looks good and grad school options are plentiful (nobody is a geologist, so the few places that do need them, need them).

Good luck with whatever you choose, if nursing isnt your thing, look into being a medical technician. I hear x-ray techs make good money, and i know pharm-techs are in high demand, pay ~$15/hr for no schooling
To be a pharm tech you don't need college?

Quote:
Yeah that's probably the same boat i'm in. Still suck at dividing. Still suck at adding / dividing fractions. I just finished my fafsa so I need to check in with the college either tomorrow or tuesday.

Thanks for all the advice. Just trying to find a job I won't hate going to. I want a career I can wake up and be excited to put my shoes on.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:32 PM #41
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:
To be a pharm tech you don't need college?
nope. they might have to take a short class to learn the ropes, but most places dont require schooling for pharm techs
Old 03-19-2013, 03:30 PM #42
paintballaddict80

paintballaddict80 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballaddict80 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballaddict80 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballaddict80 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I'm on the same level as this. In high school I hated math. Took algebra 1 freshman year, had to take geometry two years in a row. Got to algebra 2 and failed the first semester. I had like 46%. I still had more than enough credits to graduate though, I only graduated with 2.7. Went to the community college after skipping the first fall semester. Got me a little more motivated for school and now I'm carrying a 4.0 GPA this semester and found that I absolutely love math. I haven't officially decided yet but I'm looking into either getting a degree in Mathematics or Engineering. I love the idea of teaching high school mathematics though so it might be a degree in Mathematics for me. We'll see.

"Iíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." ĖMichael Jordan
paintballaddict80 is offline   Reply With Quote