looks good
808_PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:51 PM #23
mikeisawsome

mikeisawsome plays in the PSP
mikeisawsome plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr3wpaintball View Post
....with DYNASTY... its one thing to be pro, but completely different jump in on the top team and win.

Congrats Ian!!!! ball hard
lets be completly honest here, are you honestly going to say he is better than Blake Bearham and some of the not as well know players. I guarantee you he is not as good as everyone give him credit for, it is going to be easier to do work when you have dyansty rather than seattle thunder behind you.

im not trying to take anything away from him im just pointing out somethings you might have over looked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper21 View Post
Ian Trainer is living a dream. Lets get real, how many people go through this sport without breaks and never get noticed? Thats how I feel. I've played with Nu Skool, Arizona Predators, and almost had a try out for Scottsdale Elevation. He was just in the right place at the right time. Also, it is Dynasty, you have to know what you're doing to play for this team.

I DDRREEAAMM of playing for dynasty, literally dream. I know, pathetic, however we must credit this young man for doing something I know other players dream of too.
you didnt play for nuskool maybe nuskool kids and saying you almost have a try out for elevation is irrelevent, i almost won psp galveston d2 but than we played our matches an got **** on... irrelevent
Old 02-29-2012, 09:13 AM #24
astronorick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingPersonalPB View Post
met this kid today at a local tournament where his little brother and "Dynasty Kids" kicked ***....but i got to talking with ian and he told me how hard he's worked in playing with dynasty and for all you tools out there mocking him, youre just jealous because he got there first
Are you talking about the Long Island tournament ? My son Rick, Jr. played in that 3-man young gun tournament on Dynasty Kids with Collin (Ian's little brother), and another of Collin Trainer's friends. They did well for a throw together team that had only practiced together one time (the Friday before tournament). Ian coached the team for 2 hours on a Friday night, and they went on to take 3rd place. That was a great day, especially for three kids who don't play together ! And regarding some of the above comments regarding Ian, he's one hard working player in Paintball, for a few reasons.
1. He's 16, in high school out here in Pennsylvania, and maintains honors in school while jumping on plane most Friday nights and flying out to CA for Dynasty practice. Flys home Sunday night on red-eye in time to walk into school Monday morning.
2. Aside from needing to develop and keep his skills up sufficient to play on/and remain on Dynasty, he needs to remain humble and work even harder to show he's there because of what he brings to the team.
3. When folks make comments like 'He's only there because of . . .", they are not giving Team Dynasty the credit they deserve. This is a team that is ahead of the curve on recognizing and developing their future talent, which is the sign of a thinking team.
4. I've played with Ian a bit on our home field, and he carries himself in a very professional manor, a person that knowss he also represents a team, far above what many hot headed players do.
5. He is also a player that doesn't boast about his skill set, compare himself to others, or blab on and on that somebody wiped, or mis-calls, or the usual droaning heard on the field. In the sometimes rumor ridden, smack talking world of paintball, he seems to stand above the crowd in his demeanor, and like Team Dynasty, is an asset in a sport called Paintball, a sport trying so hard to be recognized as actually 'professional'.

OK....I'm off soapbox now. :-)
http://www.phillynotorious.com
Recent Paintball Videos:
http://vimeo.com/album/1692168
My other, less violent sport:
http://www.cosmicimage.com/whats_new.html
astronorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:31 PM #25
iTrainer

Heres the real back story. Don't ask me why I'm saying this now because i never go on pb nation. Alex Fraige came to a clinic at my home field a few years ago for my team and he also did a lot of one on one stuff with me. He asked me to come out for Dynasty in San Diego. I didn't buy a spot on Dynasty, but myself and my dad knowing him definitely didn't hurt. I just don't understand why people think that if your dad is involved with a league, that automatically gets you on a pro team. I respect people who have been in the game longer than I have and I always will. I'm sorry if you didn't get the same opportunity I did. I know that I'm very fortunate. You can think whatever you want, but my dad is a successful business man and I respect him for that. I obviously wasn't an amazing player back then, nor do I think I am now, but they were looking for younger players to bring up and I wasn't going to let that opportunity pass by. It was the best thing that ever happened to me and I have no regrets. All of the Dynasty guys are like older brothers to me. I don't care if you say stuff like "I suck" and all that because that doesn't phase me, but when people go around saying ignorant things that's where I have to draw the line.

And thank-you Rick for taking the time to stand up for me a little ^
iTrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:43 PM #26
astronorick

No problem Ian - and congrats on the upcoming Philadelphia Energy Pro team ! (Nice Logo also) Going to be awesome to watch you guys kick it off, and although I backed outta league play this season (opening a new restaurant), I may show up at LVP on occasion an get a piece of you and some of that West Coast gang. Best to you and team - Rick
http://www.phillynotorious.com
Recent Paintball Videos:
http://vimeo.com/album/1692168
My other, less violent sport:
http://www.cosmicimage.com/whats_new.html
astronorick is offline   Reply With Quote