Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

has been a member for 10 years
Coenen plays in the MiLP
Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
O-Ring / X-Ring Fitment

I picked up an Evolve 1.1'd Trix on BST last week, I can't wait to have another OG Trix in my bag!

My first high-end was a Evolved Trix, and aside from getting it working, and occasional board adjustments I never fiddled with it much. Those days are over. I keep hearing that I can get close to a case per fill out of that Evolve kit...

Challenge accepted.

My current plan is to pick up a rebuild kit from O-ring Monkey for starters, and then do some custom/hand fitment of rings where applicable, as well as trying X-rings for some of the dynamic seals, such as on the bolt sail. My question is, when experimenting with ring sizing is it best to try for the smallest possible ring that will give a reliable seal, the largest, or is it dependent on which part of the marker I'm messing with?

I was also wondering about lube, I've been a Bob Long guy for a long time, so DOW55 has pretty much been the only lube I've needed to know. I used Slick Honey on my old Trix, but after reading through the PB Legion Matrix compendium feel like I might need to look at something with a bit thinner consistency, Monkey Poo perhaps? Something else?

I also thought it might be worth experimenting with DOW55 when fitting o-rings that are smaller in size, since 55 swells them slightly. Yes? No? Absolutely not because it will get everywhere and ruin everything?

Any help, or suggestions would be much appreciated!
BLACK '07+ Planet Eclipse OOPS
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2013, 02:01 PM #2
RAPER
Matrix Dr

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
RAPER is playing at Living Legends VI
RAPER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RAPER owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
RAPER plays in the APPA D5 division
Generally you want to use the ring that seals but has the least amount of friction.. Outer rings tend to fair better being slightly smaller and inner rings slightly larger...I generally just go through multiple rings of the same size and find the ring that fits best that way...

As far as lube goes, all I've ever used is Dow 33 on all my matrices and that's what I suggest. Seems to b the best to me
RAPER is offline   Reply With Quote