Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-26-2013, 04:56 AM #1
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
UWL - UK - Starts this weekend

Hi guys

UWL is starting for the 1st time in the UK and this Sunday is the first game for the Northern League

The last time I played tournament paintball was around 2006... and that was sup air.

So, what can I expect? We aren't using props, just 4 flags, 2 teams in a game, 5 players each side.. no rocket launchers etc just an all out gun fight.

Pretty excited to be honest!

James
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 AM #2
dgr8azn1

Is it the same format as the US?
dgr8azn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:05 AM #3
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Not sure...

Ultimate Woodsball league promote safe, fair and competitive paintball games. The UWL UK efforts aim to make paintball more attractive for players and to help the unification of all different types of paintball.

The UWL encourage all participants to use proper care to make our sport safer – to wear approved goggles, block the barrels with barrel socks, keep the ball’s muzzle velocity within safety limit, maintain gas cylinders in prescribed way and follow all additional safety rules on the playing fields, players area and around.

The UWL UK consider safety and the fair play as the two main priorities.

The general idea of UWL 5 man format is:

• 5 man game in the woods

• Objective: to score as many points in 10 minutes by capturing objectives and bases.

• 10 minute game divided into two 5 min periods.

• Eliminated players will reinsert at 5 minutes after game start.

• There will be 7 UWL UK events in total. Three events in the North (N1, N2, N3) to be held at YPC, three events in the South (S1, S2, S3) and a UWL Super Cup to be held at the UKPSF Big Game event in September.

• There is a cap of 50 team slots available (25 North and 25 South)

• A teams top four results over the course of the series will be taken to determine who is the UWL UK Champion. Where a team plays more than four UWL UK events, their top four results will be used.

• The UWL UK Champions will receive the biggest prize in British Paintball. The 5 man team will be flown out to the USA to compete in the UWL at the PSP World Cup on Florida. All flights, entry fees and even paint will be provided free of charge and the team will have the opportunity to potentially be crowned as the UWL World Champions.