PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2013, 04:35 PM #22
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
How much are these guys worth? How much are we actually paying for them?

You guys say I'm vague, and play games. Everything doesn't need to be explicitly said.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2013, 07:18 PM #23
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Clearly, there are most costs outside of their salary. There is with every job. But salaries are easy to compare and relative. Also, staffing costs should not be part of this equation.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:28 PM #24
Seahawk6060

$174K is not that much in the DC area. Face it, DC isn't on too many people's short list of most desirable places to live and work.

Also, it seems like such a thankless job, like so many others, involving public service. Yeah, there are some benefits, but how many of us that could do the job would really want the job in the first place? If you want the best and brightest to represent you, then you don't take advantage of their public goodwill, you compensate them appropriately. Honestly, I hope no one is implying that they're getting rich off the backs of us poor folk, simply based on their wage scale. This idea is merely a populist sentiment and not based on issues of fairness.

To put things in perspective a government Senior Executive Service (SES) employee earns $117,787 - $177,000. If an SES can earn $177,000, then the legislators that hold the future of our country in their hands deserve at least that much.

A lawyer's pay in the DC area is $50,506-$194,184. Senior attorneys and General Counsels make even more.

As someone that occasionally has to travel there, I personally wouldn't make the move for $174K. Commuting sucks, the beltway is a hassle, real estate is expensive, it's crowded, and the weather isn't particularly pleasant.
Seahawk6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:15 AM #25
Snake13
Escaped Rakkasan

Snake13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The Women in charge of Kraft makes $25.4 Million, and people find it shocking we pay the person in charge of the country 400k?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottdec...est-paid-ceos/
Snake13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:38 AM #26
Blake360

Actually we're in charge of him since we elected him to serve us. Did you elect the CEO of Kraft?
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:52 PM #27
Captain A v2.0
Whatevs

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Captain A v2.0 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk6060 View Post
Commuting sucks, the beltway is a hassle, real estate is expensive, it's crowded, and the weather isn't particularly pleasant.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:40 AM #28
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/53228

nancy pelosi thinks pay cuts to them would undermine the "dignity" to their jobs.lol

I would support a bill that says if congress's approval rating isn't above a certain percent, their pay is 0 til it goes up.
They would just have MSNBC and maybe CNN report their approval ratings higher if it mattered, and then Fox would get bashed by liberals for reporting the correct numbers.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 AM #29
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
They would just have MSNBC and maybe CNN report their approval ratings higher if it mattered, and then Fox would get bashed by liberals for reporting the correct numbers.

img]http://i.imgur.com/A2MCF.png[/img]
haha