deutsch

Annual Supporting Member
DanR plays in the PSP
DanR is an NCPA player
DanR plays in the APPA D4 division
DanR supports DLX Technology
DanR supports Empire
haha^
it is very rare but i did have a luxe that absolutely everything was perfect on and the reg spring was bend :/ from the previous owner
reg springs are very very rarely what causes the issue but it is possible
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2013, 08:26 PM #23
Mr.Snuggles

Mr.Snuggles owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mr.Snuggles supports DLX Technology
Just bought this same luxe off of jswing. It still has this issue. It will chrono up to 260 and then if i try to increase it any higher the noid will purge. I've had to play a practice with the gun venting air from the solenoid because that was the only way to get the gun to chrono past 280. The gun flattens our at 260 and wont seem to go higher for a full turn, then it will often jump to 350+ within a 8th of a turn.

I'm shooting .690 draxxus out of a .693 insert.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do here and was hoping the same people who fixed it last time could help me out.

Last edited by Mr.Snuggles : 02-23-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Mr.Snuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:50 PM #24
ultraspank
Carolina Cardinals

has been a member for 10 years
ultraspank owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ultraspank supports Team VICIOUS
ultraspank plays in the APPA D4 division
ultraspank has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ultraspank has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
ultraspank supports DLX Technology
Try upping your dwell a few more.
ultraspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:25 PM #25
Mr.Snuggles

I've isolated the problem, it is the regulator. I swapped out the reg and asa for a macro line alien reg and asa. The gun now shoots fine. The stock reg was not allowing for sufficient airflow into the luxe. That is what is causing the shoot down problems. And ideas what could be wrong with this reg?

I have cleaned, lubed, and replace the o-rings on the reg.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:02 PM #26
wyndan21
"L" for LUXE :)

wyndan21 supports Team VICIOUS
wyndan21 supports DLX Technology
try a new reg seat..
or even just order a new reg from pootys site he still has them right?
SAVAGE D2 X-BALL 2014 #21
P.A WILDSIDE D2-X 2013 #2
SASK DEFIANCE D2-5MAN 09'-13' #21

PAWG GOD BLESS ALEXIS TEXAS, JESSIE ROGERS AND SIRI

WYNDAN 'ZONGO' CYR #21
Always Strive And Prosper A$VP
Long live A$AP
wyndan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:39 AM #27
Mr.Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndan21 View Post
try a new reg seat..
or even just order a new reg from pootys site he still has them right?
so by reg seat you are talking about the part that the piston fits into?

Someone posted earlier on this threat asking about the reg spring. What is that all about? He said to watch out for a silver spring and I have a silver one. I will be calling dlx in the morning and will see what they say about this.

Last edited by Mr.Snuggles : 02-25-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:42 PM #28
jswing

jswing has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Snuggles
Just bought this same luxe off of jswing. It still has this issue. It will chrono up to 260 and then if i try to increase it any higher the noid will purge. I've had to play a practice with the gun venting air from the solenoid because that was the only way to get the gun to chrono past 280. The gun flattens our at 260 and wont seem to go higher for a full turn, then it will often jump to 350+ within a 8th of a turn.

I'm shooting .690 draxxus out of a .693 insert.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do here and was hoping the same people who fixed it last time could help me out.
If you have an issue with a gun that is now yours I suggest you make your own thread for the specific issues your gun is having.

If you're somehow insinuating that I sold you the gun with this problem happening then you are just simply not telling the truth. I would appreciate not being bad-mouthed in my own thread.

The gun worked beautifully before it was shipped to you. I had played many practices after it was tech'd, prior to selling it with no performance issues.

If you're wanting the same people who helped me to help you then I suggest you are truthful and forthcoming with the issues you are having or just re-read this same thread - the answers are here. Spare everyone the childish finger pointing.

Furthermore, the people who ended up really helping me solve my individual problems did so because I paid them for their specific knowledge and know-how.

Just a little FYI, playing a whole practice with your velocity cranked up so your noid purges is REALLY not healthy for the marker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC19
Please do not try this. Why would you intentionally turn your regulator up to the point where your solenoid vents without a chronograph / if venting does not happen in the course of getting your gun to >300FPS?
Quote:
Someone posted earlier on this threat asking about the reg spring. What is that all about? He said to watch out for a silver spring and I have a silver one. I will be calling dlx in the morning and will see what they say about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC19
Everyone else: I can get you the magical non shiny spring! I will sell them to you all day for $10.00 plus shipping!

DISCLAIMER: I am telling you right now that they won't make your gun shoot any better. People seem to think they are magic and make everything shoot awesome. If you are one of those people, then buy it and try it. If you are subjective you fill find that the reg spring made 0 difference. You WILL have to adjust your reg but that is because you just changed the spring in your reg, meaning the output pressure of your regulator will change. This does not mean your reg pressure is magically lower or higher. You will end up using the adjustor to get your reg pressure back to what it was before you changed the spring and think your gun is shooting awesome. If you want to try this out I will happily accept your $10 for the spring. PM me to order!
I suggest you humble yourself and your skill set while putting on your big boy listening ears when someone who has been fixing markers since you were probably still crapping in your own pants gives you the information on how to fix the problem.

Quote:
so by reg seat you are talking about the part that the pistol fits into?
The reg seat is the small round piece of plastic/rubber looking part that sits in the pointy end of reg piston.

Not to be confused with a pistol...
jswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:58 PM #29
Mr.Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswing View Post
If you have an issue with a gun that is now yours I suggest you make your own thread for the specific issues your gun is having.

If you're somehow insinuating that I sold you the gun with this problem happening then you are just simply not telling the truth. I would appreciate not being bad-mouthed in my own thread.

The gun worked beautifully before it was shipped to you. I had played many practices after it was tech'd, prior to selling it with no performance issues.

If you're wanting the same people who helped me to help you then I suggest you are truthful and forthcoming with the issues you are having or just re-read this same thread - the answers are here. Spare everyone the childish finger pointing.

Furthermore, the people who ended up really helping me solve my individual problems did so because I paid them for their specific knowledge and know-how.

Just a little FYI, playing a whole practice with your velocity cranked up so your noid purges is REALLY not healthy for the marker.

I suggest you humble yourself and your skill set while putting on your big boy listening ears when someone who has been fixing markers since you were probably still crapping in your own pants gives you the information on how to fix the problem.

The reg seat is the small round piece of plastic/rubber looking part that sits in the pointy end of reg piston.

Not to be confused with a pistol...
I am not pointing the finger at anyone. The gun seems to be having the same issue as it did when you were trying to get it fixed. I have already left you feedback AND DO NOT CLAIM THAT YOU SOLD ME A BROKEN GUN. NOTE HOW I SAID "FIXED IT THE FIRST TIME" WHICH IMPLIES IT WAS FIXED.

Because the problem is the same I would prefer if the people who solved it the first time could shed some light on how they did it.

Regardless of how you feel this gun CURRENTLY has A VERY SIMILAR PROBLEM to the opening post. I am just trying to fix it and I would appreciate if you would stop harassing me while I do so.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:22 PM #30
jswing

Quote:
Just bought this same luxe off of jswing. It still has this issue.
This statement, to me, reads like you are blatantly stating that I sold you a gun with the same issue that is in the original post. Especially because you are posting in my original thread.

Quote:
AND DO NOT CLAIM THAT YOU SOLD ME A BROKEN GUN. NOTE HOW I SAID "FIXED IT THE FIRST TIME" WHICH IMPLIES IT WAS FIXED.
This statement reads like the opposite. Seem like two very contradictory statements. Glad we cleared that up.

I have saved all our PM's and other PM's that will undoubtably clear my name as a reputable seller should the need ever arise that I need to prove myself.

Like I said before, playing a practice with your noid venting is absolutely ridiculous - no wonder you have reg problems.

If you feel I'm 'harassing' you, perhaps you should create a thread of your own, but since you're in my thread I will post as I see fit. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:51 PM #31
Mr.Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswing View Post
This statement, to me, reads like you are blatantly stating that I sold you a gun with the same issue that is in the original post. Especially because you are posting in my original thread.

This statement reads like the opposite. Seem like two very contradictory statements. Glad we cleared that up.

I have saved all our PM's and other PM's that will undoubtably clear my name as a reputable seller should the need ever arise that I need to prove myself.

Like I said before, playing a practice with your noid venting is absolutely ridiculous - no wonder you have reg problems.

If you feel I'm 'harassing' you, perhaps you should create a thread of your own, but since you're in my thread I will post as I see fit. Thanks.
It does still have the same issue. I stated that the issue was fixed in the post. You took my sentence out of context. I'm just trying to fix this gun, I would appreciate it if you had any helpful remarks.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:59 PM #32
jswing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Snuggles View Post
It does still have the same issue. I stated that the issue was fixed in the post. You took my sentence out of context. I'm just trying to fix this gun, I would appreciate it if you had any helpful remarks.
I'm very much through doing anything for you that remotely resembles help of any kind.

Now kindly GTFO of my thread.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:01 PM #33
Mr.Snuggles

(Resolved)

Took the gun to the dlx booth at psp dallas, turns out it was the reg spring. The silver one is defective and needs to be replaced by a bronze colored one. Apparently the silver spring is a tad too long which prevents unregulated air from entering the holes at the bottom of the piston. This was causing the slow recharge issue and preventing the regulator from getting enough air into the firing chamber to shoot the ball past 260 fps.

Bottom line if you have the silver spring in the piston of your luxe it may be defective.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:01 PM #34
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
oldmanian is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
oldmanian supports our troops
oldmanian supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Snuggles View Post
(Resolved)

Took the gun to the dlx booth at psp dallas, turns out it was the reg spring. The silver one is defective and needs to be replaced by a bronze colored one. Apparently the silver spring is a tad too long which prevents unregulated air from entering the holes at the bottom of the piston. This was causing the slow recharge issue and preventing the regulator from getting enough air into the firing chamber to shoot the ball past 260 fps.

Bottom line if you have the silver spring in the piston of your luxe it may be defective.
Glad you got it fixed and thanks for passing along what the fix was.
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote