Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeet1288 View Post
I have same issue with my tadao yakuza board on my 08 ego. Unfortunately there isn't really anything to do about it. I might just switch back to stock ego board.... At least I can see perfectly with that screen
Tadao won't swap the screen for you?
I know they do it on their cocker and bl boards.
-growing older is mandatory growing up is optional-
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2013, 02:30 AM #44
R-M-I
Angry Norwegian

Annual Supporting Member
R-M-I posts videos on PbNation
They are changed under warranty (if you have the reciept) .. Or you could buy a new screen for 30$.

This goes for all the replaceable screens..
NOT the UL-screen etc. though..

04 JMJ Factory Viking | MiniHalfblockMQ-cocker | Warped Sportz Dark Ego 6 |Freeflow MQ project cocker

Splat.no(translated via google-translate) -> http://translate.google.com/translat...3796&act=u rl

I <3 MQ-valves!
R-M-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:32 PM #45
DeViLs_SouL

so?

Tadao wont help us? ... that means life time warranty except faulty parts?

This issue should be covered under warranty. its not only 1 person with the same problem. we are a lot of customers with the same defective boards
DeViLs_SouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:12 PM #46
hmcl281

anyone have a way to contact company

have a bad screen on my cocker board but only have the email for the paypal payment and not the original receipt.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 PM #47
Evil_racecocker
Mad Metal Scientist

Evil_racecocker is a Supporting Member
I see Tadao has changed their warranty from their "lifetime" warranty to a 1 year. Which is fitting since their life time warranty was a load of crap anyway.

"Tadao Technologies provides a limited 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects to the original owner."

HMCL heres their email: will@tadaotechnologies.com

My Custom Guns
---------------------------------------------------
pbnation feedback #1
pbnation feedback #2
Evil_racecocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:22 PM #48
hmcl281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_racecocker View Post
I see Tadao has changed their warranty from their "lifetime" warranty to a 1 year. Which is fitting since their life time warranty was a load of crap anyway.

"Tadao Technologies provides a limited 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects to the original owner."

HMCL heres their email: will@tadaotechnologies.com
thanks, sent them an email. hope they fix my board.

got a reply back, saying it only has a year warranty. i replied saying that when i purchase the board it came with a lifetime warranty.

got a reply back, And several years ago it was changed to a 1 year warranty.

not sure what is the point of offering a lifetime warranty when you can just change it to a one year warranty

Last edited by hmcl281 : 06-13-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:41 AM #49
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerboi View Post
I'm having the same damn problem for my Mikko UL USB OLED board. And I know for a fact paint, or "something else" never got on it for the board to start dimming. It was working perfectly fine when I replaced it with the stock board when I sold the gun it was installed on. I put the Tadao board back in the anti-static bag, put it in its case, and stored it in my cabinet. 4 months later, the screen just goes dim. What a bunch of BS. And Tadao's website is all funky. Somewhat works, then get an error page no matter where I click.

I always favored Tadao boards over any of the other aftermarket boards manufacturers. But if Tadao is basically telling us we're SOL, I'm definitely staying away.

Tadao should man up & take responsibility, like how 7th Element has, and work the shoddy issues with the screens. For the price of their boards, there is no excuse for them not to work this problem out with the consumers.
everyone clung to tadao when he used true 4 eye logic and virtue got banned here. I like the under dog. I used alot of virtue products regardless of what the masses liked.

now i am happy it did. None of my virtue oled boards are dim. funny my cocker yakuza dimmed and it has been sitting in the package for about a year. oh well. glad i used his colored led board in my g6r

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:25 PM #50
HarryBalzak

HarryBalzak is a Supporting Member
Has anyone found a solution to this?

I Purchased a replacement screen from Tadao for my Droid in December 2012 because the old screen went bad. Put it in, programed a couple of settings. Put it on my shelf. I decided I'm going to sell my Droid. Fired it up and it has a blank screen. Tried fresh battery, still dead. It was turned on once and never used in a game.

Tadao has no replacement screens. Even though it is still under warranty, Will says he can't help me.

Has anyone found a screen elsewhere? I see a couple of sites above that sell the screens but I have no way of figuring out if any on there will work.

BTW, yeah, this is horse sh1t.

On a side note, I have a Macdev Clone VX and the 2nd OLED is now bad too. OLED and paintball don't seem to be friends.

Edit: I just got an email from Will. The Droid and Marq boards use the same screen. So if anyone has info about Marq OLED screens that will also help.

Last edited by HarryBalzak : 09-07-2013 at 03:36 PM.
HarryBalzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:24 AM #51
i4joymy

So I'm having the same issue with my Tadao OLED board. I was really dim then just didn't work. My board still works, I can connect it to my computer and see the settings and save them. I can reflash also. I got the same response (I should buy a new OLED board as a replacement). That's fine by me, but these boards are consistently sold out. If anyone has any suggestions on where to find a replacement board that would be great.

Thanks,
i4joymy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:13 PM #52
BL_User

hello,

Ive got some information about the Tadao OLED. I spend serveral hours on searching the internet for information. I also hav a broken oled on my bob long closer.

facts:
- Produced by Ritdisplay
- size 0.8 inch
- 96x16 monochrone oled display
- IC driver SSD1300T (most important)
SSD1300T specifications:

i also found an interesing homepage, looks like a chineese one
http://bbs.yleee.com.cn/thread-24423-1-1.html

sony ericsson watches seems to have theese kind of displays and has the same problem with dimmed or broken displays. so we are net alone...

thinks i tried until now:

- I`ve bought a MacDev Clone oled board because i thought i could work fine but it didn`t. (i suppose the wiring and the firmware are not the same)

- i bought a 96x16 oled display (had the same count of pins and size an so on but the worng IC driver) but i was not able to solder it to the board, i have broken the tiny pins or overheated them.

Im wondering if anybody knows what kind of bus system the Tadao Boards uses for comunicating with the oled display unit ( 6pin conection for example on the closer/vice ). It could be a I2C bus. I was able to measure a 3.3V and a GND on my board.

i didn`t have the time to compare other IC Drivers with the SSD1300T, maybe they are compatible. maybe the firmware could be upgraded (even somebody knows the password to encrypt the x.aes firmware files ) to use another oled/ lcd display...

hope the information will help to fix the problem

regards from germany
BL_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:08 AM #53
1 Evil Package
HK army &amp;gt; Your army

would the yakuza boards with the burnt out screens and the mini b usb port still function without a screen? because if i understood correctly you can change settings if its the yakuza with the usb port.
1 Evil Package is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:13 AM #54
hmcl281

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Evil Package View Post
would the yakuza boards with the burnt out screens and the mini b usb port still function without a screen? because if i understood correctly you can change settings if its the yakuza with the usb port.

the board itself should work just fine
Old 11-14-2013, 01:21 PM #55
BL_User

yes you can change setting like before. the only thing is that you don`t have any led on the board. so you`ll never know if the marker is powred on or off. you can solder a small led onto the board or plug it into the 2x 3pin connection for the oled board. so you can solve this problem.
BL_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:47 AM #56
ShadowZone

Just wanted to chime in: I bought 2 Yakuza Cocker boards back in 2008 and thought they died, cause the screen stayed black. I managed to fiddle around with a fresh battery and trigger my guns, so apparently I got the OLED problem as well.

Thing is: Tadao lists the replacement OLEDs as "Out of Stock" at the moment.
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/pro...7&idproduct=60

Anyone know if and when this will change?
Old 12-25-2013, 12:02 PM #57
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowZone View Post
Just wanted to chime in: I bought 2 Yakuza Cocker boards back in 2008 and thought they died, cause the screen stayed black. I managed to fiddle around with a fresh battery and trigger my guns, so apparently I got the OLED problem as well. Thing is: Tadao lists the replacement OLEDs as "Out of Stock" at the moment. http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/pro...7&idproduct=60 Anyone know if and when this will change?
No will has other interests . Avoid any gun with a Tadao board seek virtue or oem

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:44 PM #58
ShadowZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
No will has other interests . Avoid any gun with a Tadao board seek virtue or oem
well that's kind of impossible for me. I have a bunch of cockers (some of them heavily modified - halfblock'ed, MQ'ed etc) which I can't really use without a decent board - and I only have a really old ZeroB-E2 board lying around which I could use. I heavily relied on the Yakuza Cocker boards back in the day and would love to use my guns as I envisioned them.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:09 PM #59
gamer565
*****es love cannons!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
If someone really wanted to take the time, they could probably find a similar board. I doubt Tadao custom made them.

http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...0&pageSize=250

http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...0&pageSize=250

http://www.newark.com/displays-oled

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:33 PM #60
ShadowZone

I think I could get some fitting OLEDs as well as rustle up some electronics wizard in my vicinity to solder them on. Problem seems to be the firmware update that is needed to make a new screen work.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:01 PM #61
AlmightyRuler
Vigilante English Teacher

Is Will calling it quits for sure? I have a Yakuza which hasn't seen much play & has a working screen. If he'll make more screens at some point I won't worry as much. If Will is going to quit I'll have to either get a Virtue OLED or a Frenzy.

Some Invaluable Words of Wisdom:
A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left.
-Ecclesiastes 10:2
If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Lousy Democrats."-Homer J. Simpson
AlmightyRuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:20 AM #62
ShadowZone

I got this reply to my inquiry, if and when they get the OLED replacement screens:

Quote:
our assembly company is no longer able to supply us with OLED screens that are compatible with the Yakuza series of boards. At this point we don't know if or when they will find an OLED display that works in our boards.

EDIT: if Will is really calling it quits, maybe he could be persuaded to release some of the older board designs as open source, so some tinkerers can build their own boards... one can hope

Last edited by ShadowZone : 12-27-2013 at 02:24 AM.
ShadowZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:49 AM #63
Poopshute
Chex5: "Um... shoot!"

Sorry to revive this thread but I have the same dim screen issue. Got a similar response from Will. Total bummer. Anyone have a good solution/source for getting these screens replaced? Someone mentioned putting in an led. Care to elaborate on this? Did soldering in an led work? It would be nice to at least know if the gun was on or not once my screen goes completely belly up.
Mile High Saints #1 Stunna! Wha, wha, wha, wha, WHA!
BLITZ PAINTBALL
My DM7, it makes me happy!!!

GO BUFFS
Poopshute is offline   Reply With Quote