PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-12-2012, 09:17 PM #1
PistolPaul2
Be Nice, Have fun

PistolPaul2 is playing at Living Legends VI
Camera?

Is it worth it to bring a camera to any big games. If so what camera should I get and what type of mount.
PistolPaul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:09 AM #2
Tempted (Banned)

I use THESE

And THIS

And I get this:
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:05 AM #3
RaZa-Ollie
New Jersey

RaZa-Ollie plays in the PSP
RaZa-Ollie plays in the APPA D4 division
its deffinitely cool, if you like editting long film

get a gopro, contour hd or r7 camera.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:06 PM #4
Tempted (Banned)

If you want cheap, those keychain cameras are about 7 bucks and the quality is excellent. The one mounted on my barrel is a keychain. The reason the other is foggy is because it is looking through my goggles.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:54 PM #5
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Lots of options out there.

If you do choose to go with the R7 Replay XD 1080 unit you, as someone mentioned really long video's, you can tap the record button while it's recording and it'll create a file change so it'll stop there, and start a new file so if something insane just happens and you want to find it easily. Just tap record really quick, the camera will vibrate but the red record light will stay on, and that means it created a transfer to a new file, and you'll easily be able to find that memorable event.

Plus it comes with the R7 mount, and various standard sticky mounts.
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:15 AM #6
PistolPaul2
Be Nice, Have fun

PistolPaul2 is playing at Living Legends VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
If you want cheap, those keychain cameras are about 7 bucks and the quality is excellent. The one mounted on my barrel is a keychain. The reason the other is foggy is because it is looking through my goggles.
Where do you get the keychain cameras?
PistolPaul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:18 PM #7
Tempted (Banned)

Amazon.com is full of them. I usually buy them from the site below, I order from those guys all the time.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ry_card.h tml
Old 10-10-2012, 10:30 AM #8
gbk2
ubpaintball.com

gbk2 plays in the PSP
gbk2 is an NCPA National Champion
I've got a replay xd for sale. 1080 version. Shoot me a pm, I'm cheaper than amazon
WELLSVILLE FSU CREW#5
gbk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:23 PM #9
CallsignMagic
Warlord

CallsignMagic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CallsignMagic has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CallsignMagic has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Whatever route you go with, I recommend mounting it to your mask instead of your marker. Marker footage will require tons of editing because of the angles and how often the marker is pointed at the ground. Speaking from firsthand experience on this one.
CallsignMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:08 AM #10
ECHO CHARLIE
F = FRUIT LOOP

ECHO CHARLIE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPaul2 View Post
Is it worth it to bring a camera to any big games. If so what camera should I get and what type of mount.
I use EPIC cameras... They are great high quality cameras and are small and light weight. I personally use the Carbon 1080P. I like brining cams to big games because you can show what you do and if you have a team show what you as a team do. Idk i just like them
Old 03-10-2013, 11:08 PM #11
theVicious1

Annual Supporting Member
Wow, im impressed by the keychain cameras. Not great, but a good option for the price.

I use a midland xtc300. Films at 1080p/30fps or 720p/fps, very good quality. You can zoom in a still maintain great quality, which is awesome for editing. 4-5hrs of recording on one charge and the battery is a swappable li-ion, so you can carry multiples around for non-stop recording. It takes micro sdcards up to 32gb, which is about 16hrs of footage at 1080p.

Very little fisheye, which is something I dislike about the gopros, and they mount well to goggles. They also come with all the mounting options already, so you don't get nickle and dimed to death buying add-ons. Another strong feature, which it shares with the contour cams, is the large slide button on/off. You never have to worry about pressing a little button with gloves on or whether or not the device is actually on. Slide the big switch forward and it turns on and starts recording automatically, which is a big deal in paintball.

gl choosing. I suggest watching the TheBearsPaintball channel on youtube. Those guys have the most entertaining scenario footage, and the editing between players is very cool. More players posting footage is great, I think everyone should have helmet cams.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SZPpT13OtAs?list=UUPT-_yiCHfyMceGuKWz3Muw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
theVicious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:16 PM #12
emblem140
VALOR

emblem140 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
emblem140 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
emblem140 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I use a Contour HD, i made a mount for my Vforce profilers using a regular sticky mount that comes with the camera.

Here is on of my videos

Battle of Stalingrad '07,'08,'10,'11,'12,'13|Battle for Berlin '11,'12|Battle Of Britain '13|ION '10,'11,'12,'13
emblem140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:05 AM #13
Rodinski

I love my GoPro Hero 3 BE, definitely worth picking up. The only problem for big games is the battery life. You WILL need to cycle between 2 batteries, and 2 battery back packs if your games last for more then 4-5 hours if you want to record the entire game.

Also, the setting up the camera takes a little adjusting. I either record in 1080p while taking photos every 30 seconds or film in 2.7k @ 30fps and downsample to 1080p for youtube videos. Do note that youtube videos are limited to 30 fps, regardless of recording rate. The only benefit of a higher fps is if you want to record slow pace moments. In those cases, I use to record at 1080p at 60 fps but now mainly use 1080p and the 7MP photo capture. I'm going to experiment to see how 24 fps does under 1440p.

The important thing about the GoPro cameras is that you will have less troubles in recording if you get a Class10 1US (name escaping me) card. The camera will stop recording if the bandwidth is too high. Likewise, weight is a huge issues. Attaching it to your marker isn't a problem, but to the side of your mask is. Using a head or chest mount is best.

In terms of quality, I haven't seen a commercial camera beat the clarity it offers. The skeleton container is good and the paint does not ruin the camera. Just make sure you keep the lens clean and carry a DSLR quality microfiber on you at all times.
Rodinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:13 PM #14
Shanie Wanie
The Original Shane Wanie

Shanie Wanie supports Team VICIOUS
Shanie Wanie supports Bob Gurnsey
Shanie Wanie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shanie Wanie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodinski View Post
I love my GoPro Hero 3 BE, definitely worth picking up. The only problem for big games is the battery life. You WILL need to cycle between 2 batteries, and 2 battery back packs if your games last for more then 4-5 hours if you want to record the entire game. Also, the setting up the camera takes a little adjusting. I either record in 1080p while taking photos every 30 seconds or film in 2.7k @ 30fps and downsample to 1080p for youtube videos. Do note that youtube videos are limited to 30 fps, regardless of recording rate. The only benefit of a higher fps is if you want to record slow pace moments. In those cases, I use to record at 1080p at 60 fps but now mainly use 1080p and the 7MP photo capture. I'm going to experiment to see how 24 fps does under 1440p. The important thing about the GoPro cameras is that you will have less troubles in recording if you get a Class10 1US (name escaping me) card. The camera will stop recording if the bandwidth is too high. Likewise, weight is a huge issues. Attaching it to your marker isn't a problem, but to the side of your mask is. Using a head or chest mount is best. In terms of quality, I haven't seen a commercial camera beat the clarity it offers. The skeleton container is good and the paint does not ruin the camera. Just make sure you keep the lens clean and carry a DSLR quality microfiber on you at all times.
You could buy the go pro battery back door it doubles the battery life
Rockwell Time Six Feet Deep Clothing
ANSgear.com, Tankless Invasion
Shanie Wanie is offline   Reply With Quote