Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-24-2013, 04:31 PM #1
MOTORHEAD

Is AKA going to ship me my parts?

Ordered some SCM III internals off the site last week. Got a confirmation from Paypal, though no communication from AKA.

Saw the thread a few below this about them still being around, and somebody mentioned that he had ordered and received a few months back.

Just wanted to make sure that I don't need to start a Paypal dispute regarding this.

Thanks
MOTORHEAD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2013, 04:53 PM #2
MeuroM

I would give them more than a week. Shipping out without communication seems to be the usual for them too. I think you have 30-45 days with paypal for a dispute, I'd start worrying after 3 weeks. Call them if you have questions.

I am MorueM / Cocker's and AKA's aficionado..
Resurrected Swirl / Poop-O-type / RevengeV2 / Most of my AKA bunch
MeuroM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:45 PM #3
MOTORHEAD

Good call. I was just covering my bases early. If someone pops up saying they ordered and haven't received then I want to get my cash back as quick as possible.
MOTORHEAD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:49 AM #4
mo-teggy

It took about a week and a half to get my scm III internals in. Got them in yesterday. I wouldn't worry. They'll ship it.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 PM #5
PBALIEN
"Slug Finger"

They still have my merlin body from December, they don't answer emails or the many phone calls I made. Ugh!
Old 04-21-2013, 12:17 PM #6
awesmr

has been a member for 10 years
i called about 2 weeks ago and got an answer after about 5 rings. Apparently it's been a bad couple of weeks for them (med issues). They just shipped a body i ordered to DC so they should answer. Just may take some time

old feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ghlight=awesmr

e-bay feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...=All Feedback
awesmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:49 PM #7
PBALIEN
"Slug Finger"

I still haven't heard from them.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:05 PM #8
tarrguy57

tarrguy57 is an NCPA player
tarrguy57 plays in the APPA beginner division
tarrguy57 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I know this is about 2 weeks after you last post but they had "sickness" in their shipping department which delayed shipping. you should have gotten your parts by now. Much as I am excited about finally owning an AKA Viking, their customer service is terrible. never received e-mails back about questions on parts or my order and was rudely told to wait when I called asking about my order.
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear Sniper A5 FS/T
tarrguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:40 PM #9
PBALIEN
"Slug Finger"

I've been patiently waiting for 5 months now, I think I'm SOL. It's too bad really, because I was intending to spend more hard earned cash there. I gave up calling and emailing them with no response.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:24 AM #10
Paintballislife42

Paintballislife42 supports our troops
Paintballislife42 supports Pev's Paintball
still not shipping timely ordered a lot of harnesses 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive them
Old 06-22-2013, 03:33 PM #11
tarrguy57

tarrguy57 is an NCPA player
tarrguy57 plays in the APPA beginner division
tarrguy57 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
for those of you waiting more than a month I feel bad for you. It sucked to wait about a month with no communication from AKALMP about my harness order as well. Be patient and it should show up.

I'd recommend that everyone deal with Destructive Customs if you want timely service. While their site is down you can still e-mail them and PM them on the forums. I ordered parts 2 weeks after their site went down via PM and received them a week later. Even though the site is down they are still doing good business.
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear Sniper A5 FS/T
tarrguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:24 PM #12
GoalieMax
Living the dream

GoalieMax has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I was waiting for my parts also. I emailed and called but no one answered. I finally started a paypal dispute and I got an answer the next day. My parts showed up 4 days later.
GoalieMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:51 PM #13
Evil_racecocker
Mad Metal Scientist

Evil_racecocker is a Supporting Member
It's unfortunate how far AKA as fallen from what they once were. I do know that the paintball is not their main buisness. I think it is only run by the two of them.

PBALIAN I would not give up. What kind of merlin body was it? I called a month ago for some parts not listed on their website and was told they would send me a invoice on paypal....nothing. They should just sell the AKA side of the company to DC. Also wanted to note that Compulsive paintball does carry some AKA parts.

My Custom Guns
---------------------------------------------------
pbnation feedback #1
pbnation feedback #2

Last edited by Evil_racecocker : 07-25-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Evil_racecocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:09 PM #14
PBALIEN
"Slug Finger"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_racecocker View Post
It's unfortunate how far AKA as fallen from what they once were. I do know that the paintball is not their main buisness. I think it is only run by the two of them.

PBALIAN I would not give up. What kind of merlin body was it? I called a month ago for some parts not listed on their website and was told they would send me a invoice on paypal....nothing. They should just sell the AKA side of the company to DC. Also wanted to note that Compulsive paintball does carry some AKA parts.
Haven't given up yet, it just makes me so mad. I keep pestering them but they probably have my email and phone number blocked. I figure someday I,ll get it back.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:21 PM #15
TheePsycho
Sadist

TheePsycho is a Supporting Member
TheePsycho is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_racecocker View Post

DC or CCM wouldn't be a bad choice either.

I think that the fact that Larry is sick is the big reason why things are the way it is now.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:53 PM #16
fsrxc1

We don't have the time to make parts We are ok with what we do

Rampage X-Ball
Monster Paintball- I Bleed GREEN
fsrxc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:19 AM #17
Chris9123

I'm in the same boat as you guys, I ordered a few parts over a month ago... I even offered a refund as solution to this issue, no response
Chris9123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:53 AM #18
Bartman

Annual Supporting Member
Bartman is a Moderator
Bartman is a Supporting Member
Bartman is a founding member
Bartman is playing at Living Legends VII
guys, with Larry being sick, and they put AKA up for sale I wouldn't expect to see anything shipped from them at all. If you used PP to buy your parts just ask for a refund, if you used a CC, do the same contact your CC company and have them issue a refund.

And then when everything is all settled and there is a new company owning them , at that time re-order your parts

Bart
Devils Brigade
Bartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:39 PM #19
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VII
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 is Immortal
And give DC a jingle. They may have the parts too.

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:55 PM #20
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
I bought an lpr gauge and 3 prong tool from them since the listing for sale and everything arrived in about 2 weeks, maybe 12 days. I also had an email responded to the next day (email sent from me at night). I would keep at trying to contact them and go from there. They do seem to still be filling orders.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:41 AM #21
stinkyfinger

They need to close the online ordering site if they can not fulfill orders. I also placed an order 3 weeks ago no delivery no response. They will not respond to multiple emails.They answered the phone once and stated I am not at work email us the info and they would respond no response.Time to file a paypal dispute
stinkyfinger is offline   Reply With Quote